PaperMate Pens - Bummer!

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
For decades and decades, the PaperMate pen has been the standard of the ball point pen industry. I wonder if anyone has noticed a problem that has developed with PaperMate pens in recent years. If you put the pen to paper and start to write, it won't work. No ink comes out. Before you can write with the pen, you have to first "start" it by finding a piece of scrap paper and then moving the point of the pen over the piece of scrap paper in back and forth scriggles or circles, in order to get the ink flowing.

If you finally get the sucker going, and then you set it down for any time longer than six seconds, you have to "re-start" it all over again when you want to pick it up and start writing again. I have tried other ball point pens. They don't do this. They write from the git-go every time. You don't have to "start" them at all. What's up with PaperMate?

If anyone knows anyone at PaperMate, I would suggest cluing them in on the fact that their product, which used to be great, now SUCKS.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with PaperMate pens?

Last edited:
For decades and decades, the PaperMate pen has been the standard of the ball point pen industry. I wonder if anyone has noticed a problem that has developed with PaperMate pens in recent years. If you put the pen to paper and start to write, it won't work. No ink comes out. Before you can write with the pen, you have to first "start" it by finding a piece of scrap paper and then moving the point of the pen over the piece of scrap paper in back and forth scriggles or circles, in order to get the ink flowing.

If you finally get the sucker going, and then you set it down for any time longer than six seconds, you have to "re-start" it all over again when you want to pick it up and start writing again. I have tried other ball point pens. They don't do this. They write from the git-go every time. You don't have to "start" them at all. What's up with PaperMate?

If anyone knows anyone at PaperMate, I would suggest cluing them in on the fact that their product, which used to be great, now SUCKS.

Georgie...when your goldfish is sick, to you take him to the vet?

When you have this much time on your hands, you should be making toast with a hair dryer.

I still use a chicken feather quill and a bottle of black ink. Works just fine every time.

When you have this much time on your hands, you should be making toast with a hair dryer.

I don't have a goldfish. He died. He died because I didn't take him to the vet. I haven't tried making toast with a hair dryer. Sounds interesting.

So, as I said - anyone else experiencing this same problem with PaperMate pens? I am mainly looking for a geographic answer, i.e., I am in the western U.S. I would be interested to know if others have noticed this is other parts of the country.

Only people who know how to read and write need apply.

I don't have a goldfish. He died. He died because I didn't take him to the vet. I haven't tried making toast with a hair dryer. Sounds interesting.

So, as I said - anyone else experiencing this same problem with PaperMate pens? I am mainly looking for a geographic answer, i.e., I am in the western U.S. I would be interested to know if others have noticed this is other parts of the country.

Only people who know how to read and write need apply.

Reading and writing gets way too much credit.

The first thing you need to do is remove the clear protective plastic coating they now put on the tips, that should solve your problem.

Where have you been George...they have been like that for decades now.

Pens At JOON New York - All The Best Pens In The World!

This is USMESSAGEBOARD you write whatever it is you like and if he has time to write about papermate pens then he has time.

Im sorry you may not have the same amount of time.

The first thing you need to do is remove the clear protective plastic coating they now put on the tips, that should solve your problem.

Yea I have heard about a plastic film that is on the pen and must be removed before use. Most pens do that now days.

I have noticed that. Not just Papermate, others as well. They're cheaping out on us.

This is USMESSAGEBOARD you write whatever it is you like and if he has time to write about papermate pens then he has time.

Im sorry you may not have the same amount of time.

Pens??
Write about pens??

OK...
How can you put 21 pigs in four pig-pens so that there is an odd number of pigs in each pen....no cutting pigs!

For the past 20 years I've only used a Parker pen.

Same guarantee as a Zippo lighter; if anything ever goes wrong, you just send it in. They repair or replace it and send it back.

I have 2.
One of them I've had for 15 years, not counting the twice I've had to get it replaced.

:cool:

How about Pence...think he'll win?

Representative Mike Pence announced Thursday that he would run for governor of Indiana in 2012.

In a video on his campaign Web site, Mr. Pence, a Republican, said he had decided to run after receiving an “outpouring of encouragement” from Indiana residents.
Mike Pence to Run for Governor of Indiana - NYTimes.com

You forgot to number your reasons

:razz:

Couldn't!

Damn PaperMate pen stopped working!

Forum List

Back