Paperboy!

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Your famous poll, Zogby is due in less than an hour and according to Drudge, Zogby is showing Obama up by 10! It's on Drudge of all places right now. This is the beginning of a new trend for Obama where he's receiving a bounce in the polls that is propelling him to double digit leads. The problem for McCain is that bounce is actually translating into votes with voting booths open. That's very bad news for McCain.

I agree...
Obama may very well win, but I don't think it will be by double digits.

Not even Clinton beat Dole by double digits in 1996 and that was massacare.

The last time someone won by double digits was Reagan over Mondale in 1984. And that's when Reagan lowered taxes by 50%. Not happening this time.

The last time someone won by double digits was Reagan over Mondale in 1984. And that's when Reagan lowered taxes by 50%. Not happening this time.

I'm prepared for a blowout.

crystal ball?

crystal ball?

Logic. Very rarely has anyone won their first term as POTUS by double digit leads.

You'd have to go back to 1952 when Eisenhower was elected 55-44 and that was when Americans wanted the Korean War to end immediately.

http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1604

Obama 51.6%, McCain 42.0%

UTICA, New York – Democrat Barack Obama moved very close to a double–digit lead over Republican John McCain in the national horserace for President, continuing his slow push forward above the 50% mark, gaining 1.3 points in the last day.

McCain is slowly losing ground, having lost another 0.4 points in this latest report on the Reuters/C–SPAN/Zogby daily tracking poll.

Pollster John Zogby: “Three big days for Obama. Anything can happen, but time is running short for McCain. These numbers, if they hold, are blowout numbers. They fit the 1980 model with Reagan's victory over Carter -- but they are happening 12 days before Reagan blasted ahead. If Obama wins like this we can be talking not only victory but realignment: he leads by 27 points among Independents, 27 points among those who have already voted, 16 among newly registered voters, 31 among Hispanics, 93%-2% among African Americans, 16 among women, 27 among those 18-29, 5 among 30-49 year olds, 8 among 50-64s, 4 among those over 65, 25 among Moderates, and 12 among Catholics (which is better than Bill Clinton's 10-point victory among Catholics in 1996). He leads with men by 2 points, and is down among whites by only 6 points, down 2 in armed forces households, 3 among investors, and is tied among NASCAR fans.”

Logic. Very rarely has anyone won their first term as POTUS by double digit leads.

You'd have to go back to 1952 when Eisenhower was elected 55-44 and that was when Americans wanted the Korean War to end immediately.

the RCP average has obama ahead by 7

The bounces are reflecting the final debate.

They will probably tighten before election day.

I think Powell's endorsement, too. And I agree it will tighten. As someone said on one of the shows I was watching last night (might have been Rachel Maddow, actually) Obama can get 100% of California and McCain can get 100% of any red state and it won't make a difference. It's about the electoral map.

Me? I'm hoping they actually stop culling voter lists.

Looks like it might be a trouncing on the electorial vote.

If Obama doesn't win the populaar vote by over 5% I'll be surprised.

Forum List

Back