Papa who?

I can't believe so many people think any corporate pizza is good.

Haven't you folks ever actually eaten a real pizza?

Real Pizza is NOTHING like the crap served by those corporate pizza places.

:clap2: Who buys that shit? Domino's is another one. Find a small local pizzeria owned by people who know how to make a real pizza.

I don't really care for pizza but I do love pasta dishes- lasagna is my favorite all time food.. well, Mac-N-Cheeze too, HOMEMADE though... like my mom use to make!

Lasagna is my "test food". When I try a new Italian place for the first time, I always order lasagna. If they make a great one, I'll be back. If they serve me crap, I won't be.
Chili Rellanos is my Mexican "test food".

Papa Johns should just go out of business. The owner has enough money to see him in a comfortable retirement. Just close up shop and go. Follow Hostess.

Hostess just did. There's a trend starting that's going to accelerate. It was said during the campaign that once the rich, that they demonized, had enough, they would pull out and just say screw it.

Unemployment is going to go up and another recession is looming. That is if you want to beleive the first collapse is over.

The next one will be far worse.

About one-third of the company's workers are union members who are unhappy about the company's cutbacks during its bankruptcy reorganization.

But problems with several unions -- including the Bakery, Confectionery, and Tobacco workers and the Grain Millers International Union -- have prevented the company from moving forward.

Hostess said it will seek bankruptcy court permission to sell all of its assets. The company said bakery production has already shut down.

Hostess owns 33 bakeries, 565 distribution centers, approximately 5,500 delivery routes and 570 bakery outlet stores throughout the United States. Delivery will continue for now, and the Hostess Brands retail stores will remain open for "several days," the company said.

"For employees whose jobs will be eliminated, additional information can be found at Hostess Brands Information - Home. The website also contains information for customers and vendors. Most employees who lose their jobs should be eligible for government-provided unemployment benefits," a news release from the company states.

Some Hostess products include Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Ho-Hos, Fruit Pies and Wonder Bread. The brand also ownd Drakes, Dolly Madison, Nature's Pride and Merita.

Read more: Hostess going out of business; nearly 18,000 to be laid off - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

I'm lucky enough to have an artisan pizzeria nearby. They make their own cheese, and fresh tomato sauce, fresh basil, and it's cooked in a wood burning oven. It's cheaper than the cardboard crap that Domino's or Papa John's delivers, and it's also light years better.

I suspect that any good artisan shop sitting next to a garbage pizza place would own the market.
Then why don't they?

They can't expand. They haven't got a business model of expansion. As costs rise, their prices will rise until they are priced out of the market then they too will close.

WHO the hell is papa john anyway? I buy lil ceasar's $5 pizzas. I would not buy right wing shitty pizza anyway.

THE SPARK: The lawsuit filed with the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington in Seattle claims Papa John's violated state and federal law when they had the marketing company OnTime4U send unsolicited text messages on its behalf to cell phones advertising their pizza products. The lawsuit says that 500,000 illegal text messages were sent to Papa John's customers across the U.S.

Papa John's faces potential damages of more than $250 million. The plaintiffs may each potentially receive $500 or more in damages for each text message.

Papa John's Allegedly Sent 500,000 Illegal Text Messages To Customers

Is this why there is going to be layoffs?:eusa_shifty:

after re-reading my reply i got ill

Last edited:
You're going to have to dump the Little Caesar's. They donate to Republicans.

plus who the hell would eat that shit?.....it tastes like a piece of Cardboard with Pizza sauce on it......:disbelief:

The ones in your area actually put pizza sauce on them? All they do here is sprinkle a little cheese on the crust.

i went one time......and that was that.....i was raised back east.....the Pizza out here sucks compared to back there......i am Italian and my Grandma made it every couple of months out here after we moved here.....just like back home....:eusa_angel:....after she passed my Mom took over.....now she is gone......so now its my sister.....and she just moved out of State......now i dont have a decent Pie anymore....:(

The best Pizza is New York Pizza parlor pizza! Period!

All the corporate chain pizza and Chicago pan pizza is CRAP!

Seriously, if your ever in New York go to an Italian Pizza parlor and see what real pizza tastes like!

Seriously, if your ever in New York go to an Italian Pizza parlor and see what real pizza tastes like!

As someone who loves pizza, Spumoni Gardens in Brooklyn, Pizzzaland in North Arlington, NJ and Fratelli's in Middletown, NJ. One is better than the next.

Spumoni Gardens

Cardboard! :p I prefer Chicago-style pizza...can't stand the thin-crust.

Forum List

Back