Papa Obama: Year 2009 in Review

Regarding black panther voter intimidation... you go free, we'll nail the person that brought up the charges instead.

Black Panther case: Has a head rolled? | Washington Examiner
Main Justice reports that Christopher Coates, head of the Justice Department's voting rights division, has been removed from his post and replaced.

But no, the administration isn't doing damage control after it mysteriously dropped voter intimidation charges against three members of the Black Panther Party who rather openly intimidated Philadelphia voters on Election Day 2008. Rather, the administration is getting rid of the official who initiated the charges:

Coates signed off on the controversial voter intimidation complaint against the New Black Panther Party and three of its members, filed in the waning days of the George W. Bush administration. The Obama DOJ’s decision to dismiss most of the charges in May has become a political controversy for the administration.

Coates is among those who were subpoenaed to testify about the Black Panther controversy before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.

Nice...

Oh Yes very good
How we forget this great act of justice
:eusa_angel:

:disbelief: Ouch! :ack-1:

All these Right Wingnuts putting a POUNDING on President Obama!

But how pathetic is it that in spite of all your complaints that Obama is going to beat the shit out of the best Republican candidate you guys can put up

Pretty lame for the GOP isn't it??

:woohoo:

Alright, I don't really have time to go through all of these, so I've picked out the most glaringly false ones.

Tip: SondraK

Papa Obama: Year 2009 in Review

Of course we know the big achievements :

(Mind you he has not had a full year yet in office)

Papa Obama has run up the largest deficits in American history, spent a trillion dollars to create double digit unemployment.

Now claims to support a Senate passed health care that is disliked by both sides of the political spectrum and contains little of what he promised. The main purpose of which is to give him some kind of faux legacy for his one term presidency and get the gov't "foot in the door" into one sixth of the US economy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which so much going on, it is the "small achievements" that one can miss over the course of this last year.

So as we don't forget, Papa Obama's 2009 year in review:

Constant apologies abroad for everything from slavery to Hiroshima

Prove it. This is a talking point that you constantly hear, but no one can ever back it up.
Bows to Saudi royalty, the Japanese emperor, and Chinese autocrats

The on-again/off-again Guantanamo shut-down mess

The fight with the former CIA directors

The public show trial of Khalid Sheik Mohammed
You know quite a large portion of people are in favor of what you call a "show trial". Including many actual victims of Sept. 11th, including myself.
The reach out to Ahmadinejad Castro, Chavez, and assorted thugs
Once again, back it up. Show me links.
The Honduras fiasco

Czars everywhere
This one is really tired. All of the so-called "Czars" are sub-cabinet positions, all are advisory jobs, and this is a completely NON-ISSUE.
The serial “Bush did it”/reset whine abroad

The Queen of England/I-pod fiasco

Gordon Brown gets snookered in his gift-giving

Unceremoniously shipping back the Churchill bust

The end of the special relationship with the UK
Gonna lump all of these together - the only people who really seem to care about this are conservatives looking for another reason to whine about Obama. Please back up this "end of special relationship" with links.
The New York on-the-town presidential splurge
Non Issue. No different than any other President, ever.
Anita Dunn and her Mao worship

Timothy Geithner/Tom Daschle/Hilda Solis and their taxes

What ever happened to Gov. Richardson?

“No lobbyists” = gads of them

The Podestas’ insider influence-peddling empire

Sotomayor’s “wise Latina” chauvinism

The Special Olympics silly quip

Trashing Nancy Reagan

The Skip Gates/police acting “stupidly” mess

The get-Chicago-the-Olympics jaunt to Copenhagen
Gonna sum all these up as Non issues - these are things that only people who already hate Obama care about.
Cap-and-trade boondoggle
Hasn't happened yet, so can't really see how that goes on the scorecard for this year...
“Millions of green jobs”
There are already a couple thousand new green jobs in New York State, so I think this might be coming...
Ignore gas, oil, coal, and nuclear power production

Cash-for-clunkers
Economists are calling it the most sucessful stimulus plan so far. Not quite sure what your problem with it is.
The Joe Biden gaffe machine
What gaffes has Biden had recently?
Jobs “saved” or “created” rather than references to the actual unemployment rates
Rhetoric is universal. Not quite a "scandal".
Van Jones, the racist and truther

Desiree Rogers won’t testify

The blowback from, and silence about, the Rangel/Dodd corruption

The White House party crashers plan to take the 5th Amendment

The ‘bipartisanship’ con

The pork-barrel stimulus spoils
Being the constitutional scholar that you clearly are, shouldn't you blame that on the people in congress that put the "pork" into the bill?
The demonization of the Town-Hallers

The Acorn Mess

The Kevin Jennings/Safe School Czar embarrassment

The SEIU direct access to the White House

The Asian Tour comedown

The politicization of the take-over of GM and Chrysler

The Obama readjustment in the order of paying back car creditors

Car dealerships closed on shaky criteria

Obama as “Caesar”
What the fuck are you talking about?
The Emanuel “never let a serious crisis go to waste” boast
The list of unfortunate quotes by politicians goes on and on, I don't see what the big deal is about this one.
The Black Caucus/Rangel/Waters bid to bail out the inner-city radio stations

Yosi Sergant and the NEA

$1.7 trillion deficit
Show me actual numbers, not think tank projections, and you'll have a point.
The planned $9 trillion added to the national debt
Same as above.
New income tax rates; health care surcharge talk; and payroll tax caps to be lifted
None of this has happened yet, just armchair economist predictions. Meaningless.
Rahm Emanuel’s promised payback to those states that trash the stimulus

The supposed C-span aired health care debate

The promised website posts of pending legislation
Check out Thomas.gov - everything is posted there.
Czechs and Poles sold out on missile defense

Sermons to and finger pointing at the Israelis

The failed ‘Putin helps to stop a nuclear Iran’ gambit

Voting present on the Iranian reformers in the street
Huh? I'm not really understanding your rhetoric here.
Serial but empty deadlines to Ahmadinejad

The good war/bad war twisting and turning on Iraq/Afghanistan

The months-long dithering over Afghanistan

Renditions, tribunals, Patriot Act, etc. once trashed, now OK

Healthcare take-over

The 2,000 page proposed new health code

The embarrassing Nobel Peace Prize nomination
Which is his fault how?
The attacks on surgeons, Chamber of Commerce, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, etc.
What attacks on surgeons?
The Islam mythologies in the Cairo Speech

The al Arabiya “Bush did it” interview

Obama’s TV “my Muslim faith” gaffe
This is the best you can do?

By all means, if anything else has been missed please let us know

Happy New Year
Honesty is missing.

But how pathetic is it that in spite of all your complaints that Obama is going to beat the shit out of the best Republican candidate you guys can put up

Assuming he goes up in the polls you mean?

If the election was held today- well that would not be to Papa Obama's benefit.
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Prove it. This is a talking point that you constantly hear, but no one can ever back it up.

Actually comrade, the burden is really on you to disprove it. While you have offered us your opinion, it neither proves or disproves the statements.

I stand as the statements true in my opinion; yours is that it is not. I feel no need to disprove your opinions because I am very confident in the truth of mine.

Hitler was a community organizer​

Last edited:

Are you kidding me???

If the election were held today, who the hell would the Republicans run that President Obama wouldn't kick the shit out of? The Quitter?

Won't get any better in 2012

Actually, the burden is really on you to disprove it

I stand as the statements true in my opinion

Hitler was a community organizer​

So label it your opinion, and don't expect anyone to take you seriously if you can't back it up.

Are you kidding me???

If the election were held today, who the hell would the Republicans run that President Obama wouldn't kick the shit out of? The Quitter?

With his bad polls number, if the election was held today then it only has to be A.B.O. (anybody but Obama)

You should be happy the election is not today

The new GI Bill, which the Republican President would have vetoed.

We will get a Health Care Bill. Not all that is needed, but we can weed out the bad parts in the future.

President Obama has waged war on the real terrorists, as Bush never did.

And best of all, President Obama has shown how truly feckless the Conservatives are.

So label it your opinion, and don't expect anyone to take you seriously if you can't back it up.

As you have backed up yours?
Got it

What claims have I made, and not backed up?

Well you have offered us your opinion on why you think they are wrong

Being that these events descriptions are subjective in nature, there is really no way to "prove" the position, yours or mine. One can only offer interpretations of the events. If you review then you will see that some of your statements did not offer any backup. But in either case, it is a moot point since the interpretation of the events ie opinion is really subjective. Granted some of the things do have a numerical quality that can not be argued with like the debt and such. But, even here one may call this good or bad; it really depends on one's view of the events.

Hitler was a community organizer

Last edited:

Are you kidding me???

With his bad polls number, if the election was held today then it only has to be A.B.O. (anybody but Obama)

Not an answer Trollsky

The GOP does not have a single candidate capable of defeating President Obama. If you think a 47% favorable rating means the other 53% want one of the pathetic candidates the GOP has to run....you will be sadly disappointed

Fact is Obama could have a 20% approval rating and it would still be higher than the best available Republican stiff

Since the GOP wants Obama to FAIL.

al Qaeda wants Obama to FAIL.

The KKK wants Obama to FAIL.

Are these three groups "friends"?

As you have backed up yours?
Got it

Being that these events descriptions are subjective in nature, there is really no way to "prove" the position, yours or mine. One can only offer interpretations of the events. If you review then you will see that some of your statements did not offer any backup. But in either case, it is a moot point since the interpretation of the events ie opinion is really subjective. Granted some of the things do have a numerical quality that can not be argued with like the debt and such. But, even here one may call this good or bad; it really depends on one's view of the events.

Any particular reason why you end all of your posts to me with "Hitler was a community organizer"?

Are you kidding me???

Not an answer Trollsky

The GOP does not have a single candidate capable of defeating President Obama. If you think a 47% favorable rating means the other 53% want one of the pathetic candidates the GOP has to run....you will be sadly disappointed

Fact is Obama could have a 20% approval rating and it would still be higher than the best available Republican stiff

It is an answer; you just don't like it

Any particular reason why you end all of your posts to me with "Hitler was a community organizer"?

Because the "Jesus was a community organizer" was the ridiculous spin the left and the MSM picked up to justify Papa Obama's lack of experience by trying to compare him to Jesus. It was my usual retort. Of course we do see that his "learning on the job" has not done too much good.

As such, it is merely done to taunt one, in a friendly way of course.

Of course, your intention could be the above or it could be something else

Maybe you are really into Jesus and are showing one of the things you think he has done

or

Maybe you are really into community organizing and what to compare it to holy works of Jesus

or

Maybe it is just something else; maybe you will update it from week to week like - Jesus was a Jew or Jesus was born in Bethlehem

Because the "Jesus was a community organizer" was the ridiculous spin the left and the MSM picked up to justify Papa Obama's lack of experience by trying to compare him to Jesus. It was my usual retort. Of course we do see that his "learning on the job" has not done too much good.

Maybe you are really into Jesus and are showing one of the things you think he has done

or

Maybe you are really into community organizing and what to compare it to holy works of Jesus

or

Maybe it is just something else; maybe you will update it from week to week like - Jesus was a Jew or Jesus was born in Bethlehem

Not quite. My sig line is a response to the "Charles Manson was a Community Organizer, Reagan was a Governor" bumper stickers - and it has nothing to do with Obama, it has to do with the fact that I am a community organizer.

or

or

Not quite. My sig line is a response to the "Charles Manson was a Community Organizer, Reagan was a Governor" bumper stickers - and it has nothing to do with Obama, it has to do with the fact that I am a community organizer.

I believe the Charles Manson thing was more of a response against Obama than Community Organizers. So, I would not take it too personal; besides, the election is over.
But hey- more power to you!

Well, if nothing else, it appears he did pick a kickass Labor Secretary:

Soon after she became the nation's labor secretary, Hilda Solis warned corporate America there was "a new sheriff in town." Less than a year into her tenure, that figurative badge of authority is unmistakable.

Her aggressive moves to boost enforcement and crack down on businesses that violate workplace safety rules have sent employers scrambling to make sure they are following the rules.

The changes are a departure from the policies of Solis' predecessor, Elaine Chao. They follow through on President Barack Obama's campaign promise to boost funding for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, increase enforcement and safeguard workers in dangerous industries.

Solis made a splash in October when OSHA slapped the largest fine in its history on oil giant BP PLC for failing to fix safety problems after a 2005 explosion at its Texas City refinery.

Garnering less attention, she just finished hiring 250 new investigators to protect workers from being cheated out of wage and overtime pay. She also started a new program that scrutinizes business records to make sure worker injury and illness reports are accurate. And she is proposing new standards to protect workers from industrial dust explosions -- an effort the Bush administration had long resisted.

Labor moves quickly on job safety, workers' rights - Yahoo! News

:D:D:D

Forum List

Back