Papa John's Pizza walks back NFL protest attack, calls out neo-Nazis on Twitter

I thought it was pretty spineless for them to blame the NFL for their earnings failure. I think their follow-up Tweets are even worse. Make better pizzas faster and cheaper. Don't blame the NFL, the kneelers or neo-Nazis.

The first time I had Papa John's Pizza it was great. However, this was decades ago when I was in college. The pizza had much more cheese than other brands. Maybe who ever order the pizza got it with extra cheese, idk. Anyway, that no longer seems to be the case.

When is the last time you have been to Little Ceazars? Of all the chain pizza places, I think they are the best.

When is the last time you have been to Little Ceazars? Of all the chain pizza places, I think they are the best.

My in-laws get Little Caesar’s and it’s the worst. Thick doughy crust that tastes undercooked. The sauce has no flavour at all. And it was so undercooked the cheese wasn’t melted.

I’d rather go hungry.

A day late and a dollar short.

It warms my heart that Schnatter may be losing money for grabbing the wrong coattails on the NFL player protests. He's a smarmy little weasel.
Papa John's apologizes for criticizing NFL anthem protests
rofl.gif
Must be losing even more money!
Papa John's apologizes for criticizing NFL anthem protests

Papa John's apologizes :badgrin: for criticizing NFL anthem protests

Papa John realized that Being the Favorite Official Pizza of Trump supporting Nazi Sons of Bitches was not good for the Bottom Line ............

Papa Johns supports NFL protests, gives the finger to neo-Nazis
Source: Salon
The pizza chain completely backs NFL players’ right to protest, renounces the alt-right in a series of tweets

TAYLOR LINK
11.15.2017•7:17 AM

Papa John’s apologized on Twitter Tuesday for blaming poor sales on the NFL player protests during the national anthem. The pizza chain said that it supports the players' act of dissent to "create a new platform for change."

The company had already renounced the alt-right after The Daily Stormer, a notorious white supremacist website, endorsed Papa John's as the "official pizza of the alt-right" following CEO John Schnatter's claim that the NFL protests were hurting the pizza chain's bottom line.

"We condemn racism in all forms and any and all hate groups that support it," Peter Collins, the senior director of public relations at Papa John's, said in a statement last week. "We do not want these individuals or groups to buy our pizza."

Schnatter's controversial comments were made during a conference call last month. In them, the CEO said, "The NFL has hurt us by not resolving the current debacle to the players’ and owners’ satisfaction" and that "this should have been nipped in the bud a year and a half ago."

Read more: Papa John's supports NFL protests, gives the finger to neo-Nazis

Forum List

Back