Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut

Obamacare results in a 13 cents increase in each pizza.

This guy is a dick, and his pizza sucks. I would boycott him if I wasn't already doing so because of the quality.

No, it won't.

This is what you don't get.

He will avoid that cost by cutting hours and making the underclass that works for him produce more.

But Suzie the dough slinger voted for this. She needs to buckle down and work harder for less.

Back to work! chop chop

This guy is a dick, and his pizza sucks. I would boycott him if I wasn't already doing so because of the quality.

No, it won't.

He will avoid that cost by cutting hours and making the underclass that works for him produce more.

But Suzie the dough slinger voted for this. She needs to buckle down and work harder for less.

Back to work! chop chop

Why hasn't he done that already? Has he been intentionally running inefficient businesses?

January 16, 2009, Papa John stock price (PZZA)

November 9, 2012

...the company's stock has tripled since Obama became president, and he's complaining about Obama?

He should come here and post. He'd fit right in with the rest of the 'nuts.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Papa John stock was at about 12 bucks when Bush took office, so,

40% increase during Bush's 8 years.

200% increase during Obama's 4 years.

This CEO should be on his knees every night thanking the baby Jesus for Obama's election.

No, it won't.

Back to work! chop chop

Why hasn't he done that already? Has he been intentionally running inefficient businesses?

Obamacare was not to be fully implemented, and the punishment it delivers to our most vulnerable working poor, until after the '12 election

If you don't know such basics, why are you even posting?

No, it won't.

Back to work! chop chop

That's the Republican solution, work for less and turn us into a third world country?!?! Sure they want to run on that platform? Unless the aim is to become a permanent minority party. Lots of Republicans stayed home this time. How many more will next time, when they have to work three jobs to make ends meet?

This guy is the next best hope that REthugs have to win the White House. He saw how well Herman the Pizza Man Cain did and has decided that he is the man to win the WH.

What is really funny is hearing how the asshole Snipper talks like they give a flying fuk about the "pizza slinger" making less money. Funny fuking shit right there.

Hey snipper. The pizza makers, they don't pay no federal income tax. How you like that? You still worried about them? We know how you hate those working tax cheats. Leaving you and all your kind to foot all the bills.\

But now you want to sound all compassionate for the minimum wage worker.

Hey snipe, you figure out why the ultra rich are paying all those income taxes yet? Is it because of all the income and wealth they control? Does that have ANYTHING to do with the taxes they pay? If you make more and more money, don't you have to pay more and more income tax? No in your warped world I take it.

No, it won't.

Back to work! chop chop

Obamacare was not to be fully implemented, and the punishment it delivers to our most vulnerable working poor, until after the '12 election

If your insight was worth 2 cents, Romney would be president.

You're implying that Papa John's can run the same business it's running now with fewer employees working fewer hours.

If that's the case, then why haven't they been doing that up until now? Why has Papa John's been employing people they don't need?

Oh for fuck's sake, the guy is just being honest. Nobody is going to take that kind of hit. He'd have to be charging more than a fuckin' pizza is worth to cover all that health insurance. Meanwhile back at the ranch, since everybody else's healthcare policies are more, as well as their electricity, and their gasoline, and their food, and every other goddam thing they need... they have less discretionary funds in their budgets to buy 30-dollar pizzas.

You people just don't get it. Run, don't walk, to your nearest community college and take a beginning course in economics. Of course, THAT's gonna cost you more as well, so.... enjoy the Obama economy. :rolleyes:

Oh for fuck's sake...if the country were REALLY going to hell you'd move away. Why are Y
you still here? My guess is the "free stuff" you take for granted.

Papa Johns cuts employees and hours he makes fewer pizzas and takes longer to deliver

Good business model

No, it won't.

Back to work! chop chop

That's the Republican solution, work for less and turn us into a third world country?!?! Sure they want to run on that platform? Unless the aim is to become a permanent minority party. Lots of Republicans stayed home this time. How many more will next time, when they have to work three jobs to make ends meet?

Don't be silly. It is all about what the consumer will buy.

Price is king, especially with Democrats.

You are aware that the Liberal is the least likely demographic to buy an American union made automobile, right?

But America, and Suzie, gets what she voted for this time.

If your insight was worth 2 cents, Romney would be president.

You're implying that Papa John's can run the same business it's running now with fewer employees working fewer hours.

If that's the case, then why haven't they been doing that up until now? Why has Papa John's been employing people they don't need?

These are the same dumbasses who last week were predicting a Romney landslide. They dont have any idea what they are talking about.

If you're working at a pizza joint at pizza joint wages and no healthcare insurance,

you're probably eligible for Medicaid anyway, so where's the gain for the taxpayer to keep those workers as poor as possible?

The guy isn't whining about it. He's telling it like it is and it totally sucks for the employees. Obamacare is a job killing program, not health care reform. Most the crap in it is just random taxes on everything from selling your house to hiring more bureaucrats and IRS agents. It's a clusterfuck and will destroy the private sector. They claimed it was seriously flawed, but that they'd pass it and then fix it. It will never be fixed and shouldn't have been shoved through.

Now you guys know that the libtardes have to come up with a *story* to defend the clusterfuck known as obamacare, never mind what business has been trying to tell them it would do, and I can't wait til they pass their *Tax the rich* shit too, it will also adversely impact small business and hence unemployment will skyrocket. I predict a ten percent unemployment at about the 2 year mark.. we're at 7.9 Right now.

Papa Johns cuts employees and hours he makes fewer pizzas and takes longer to deliver

Good business model

Yes, his business will suffer, but you had better believe the squeeze will be on to get more productivity out of those poor dough-slingers in the hours that they actually do get to work.

But most of those working poor pizza makers probably voted for Obama.

They get what they voted for.

Papa John's Announces Third Quarter 2012 Results

EPS Increased 25.0% on Comparable Sales Increases of 2.5% for North America and 6.9% for International

LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Papa John's International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) today announced financial results for the three and nine months ended September 23, 2012.

Highlights

•Third quarter earnings per diluted share of $0.55 in 2012, an increase of 25.0% over earnings per diluted share of $0.44 in 2011
•56 global net restaurant openings during the quarter
•2012 earnings guidance raised to a range of $2.53 to $2.63; comparable sales guidance raised for both North America (updated guidance range of +3.0% to +4.0%) and International (updated guidance range of +6.0% to +7.0%)
Papa John's International, Inc. | Press Releases

Obama - crushing the little guy!

America gets what she deserves.

' A day after Barack Obama earned a second term in the White House, Papa John's founder and CEO John Schnatter said the president's signature health-care reform law would increase his business costs and possibly result in employees' hours being cut.'

John Schnatter Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut

How come they never say, "Increased costs will mean we need to cut CEO Salaries" -

Or

"Increased costs mean we won't sponsor that vanity Bowl Game this fall".

Nope. Got to cut those employee benefits, and then wonder why we get a consumer backlash against our product.

Forum List

Back