Papa John's, Applebee's And Others Pay Huge Price For Anti-Obamacare Politicking

Glensather

Gothic Vampires
Nov 10, 2012
World 1-1
I understand that to afford Obamacare, companies are going to have to cut back. But perhaps telling the public you're going to do it is a bad idea...

According to YouGov BrandIndex, a leading marketing survey that measures brand perception in the marketplace (called “Buzz”), Papa John’s had good reason for concern as the pizza chain’s brand identity has plummeted from a high of 32 on election day, to a remarkably low score of 4 among adults who have eaten at causal dining restaurants during the past month.

Whoops.

SOURCES:
Papa John's, Applebee's And Others Pay Huge Price For Anti-Obamacare Politicking - Forbes
Anti-Obamacare rhetoric and restaurant Buzz | YouGov - BrandIndex

The damage control has been priceless.

From Papa John now insisting he's adding jobs and not touching hours:
Many in the media reported that I said Papa John's is going to close stores and cut jobs because of Obamacare. I never said that. The fact is we are going to open over hundreds of stores this year and next and increase employment by over 5,000 jobs worldwide. And, we have no plans to cut team hours as a result of the Affordable Care Act.

To Darden learning the true value of a full-time employee:
After Darden's tests were reported in October, the company received a flood of feedback from customers through its website, on Facebook and in restaurants, said Bob McAdam, who heads government affairs and community relations for Darden. Additionally, he said that internal surveys showed both employee and customer satisfaction declined at restaurants where the tests were in place.

"What that taught us is that our restaurants perform better when we have full-time hourly employees involved," he said.

Heart-warming stuff.

I understand that to afford Obamacare, companies are going to have to cut back. But perhaps telling the public you're going to do it is a bad idea...

According to YouGov BrandIndex, a leading marketing survey that measures brand perception in the marketplace (called “Buzz”), Papa John’s had good reason for concern as the pizza chain’s brand identity has plummeted from a high of 32 on election day, to a remarkably low score of 4 among adults who have eaten at causal dining restaurants during the past month.

Whoops.

SOURCES:
Papa John's, Applebee's And Others Pay Huge Price For Anti-Obamacare Politicking - Forbes
Anti-Obamacare rhetoric and restaurant Buzz | YouGov - BrandIndex

What does that even mead? That 32 percent that knew their identity prior to the election dropped to 4 afterwards? That's BS. It would mean that those voting for Obama would have to have gone brain dead after the vote. As we know they were brain dead way before the election.

Just another bit of liberal BS facts. If there were a Papa Johns close I would go their right now.

Forum List

Back