Papa John say's Obamacare will cause pizza prices to rise

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012
Papa John's CEO Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price

August 9, 2012
The CEO and founder of Papa John's pizza wants investors to know that when the president's health care law takes effect, the price of pizza is going up with it.According to "Papa" John Schnatter, the cost of providing health insurance for all of his pizza chain's uninsured, full-time employees comes out to about 14 cents on a large pizza. That's less than adding an extra topping and a third the price of an extra pepperoncini. If you want that piping hot pie delivered, the $2 delivery fee will cost you 14 times as much as that health insurance price hike."We're not supportive of Obamacare, like most businesses in our industry," Schnatter said on a conference call with shareholders last week, as reported by*Politico.*"If Obamacare is in fact not repealed, we will find tactics to shallow out any Obamacare costs and core strategies to pass that cost onto consumers in order to protect our shareholders' best interests."
Papa John's John Schnatter Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price - ABC News

People should quit ordering pizzas then. Then prices will fall again. Consumers should band together and coordinate. Watch how prices fall then.

Papa John's was in moore Ok, when I was in jr high school, their pizza was good but not as good as Ken's, which is now Mazzio's.

In the last four years the price of their pizzas have gone up more than that.

Last edited:
People should quit ordering pizzas then. Then prices will fall again. Consumers should band together and coordinate. Watch how prices fall then.

Good Lord, Moses, Mary and Ray Krock all these little bands of fast food fighting superheros are cute.

I actually still like Papa John's. At least they're pretty good for the kind of pizza that they are, IMO.

I don't understand, though, who "Papa John" thinks he's gonna sway with this threat. Personally, it's worth an extra 20 cents to yours truly if it means their workers making minimum wage (plus tips for drivers) have better access to healthcare.

Papa John's CEO Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price

August 9, 2012
The CEO and founder of Papa John's pizza wants investors to know that when the president's health care law takes effect, the price of pizza is going up with it.According to "Papa" John Schnatter, the cost of providing health insurance for all of his pizza chain's uninsured, full-time employees comes out to about 14 cents on a large pizza. That's less than adding an extra topping and a third the price of an extra pepperoncini. If you want that piping hot pie delivered, the $2 delivery fee will cost you 14 times as much as that health insurance price hike."We're not supportive of Obamacare, like most businesses in our industry," Schnatter said on a conference call with shareholders last week, as reported by*Politico.*"If Obamacare is in fact not repealed, we will find tactics to shallow out any Obamacare costs and core strategies to pass that cost onto consumers in order to protect our shareholders' best interests."
Papa John's John Schnatter Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price - ABC News

It is going to cause the price of every single thing you buy to rise. It's a Mathematically Reality.

By now, you all know HE LIED. He used figures based on company owned when most are franchises with fewer than 50 employees, meaning they are not required to offer Affordable Care BUT if they choose to, its much cheaper. He also assumed that all employees are full time - untrue.

It is going to cause the price of every single thing you buy to rise. It's a Mathematically Reality.

You're wrong.

Or, do you have REAL proof? No, of course you don't, because

ITS NOT TRUE.

I really do wish you rw's would at least look at the myriad links I have posted or that are available on line. If you did, you would see how wrong you are.

Did you know, btw, that John Schnatter gave RobMe a fund raiser party? With that in mind, what else would he say?

Papa John's and other factory made cardboard are just that - lots of chemicals and additives and barrels of flavor**. Can't stand them.

**These places actually get barrels of something called "flavor" delivered to their back door. Sane with other cookie cutter products. Disgusting. (rw's, please eats lots.)

But, we don't eat store-bought pizza cuz our home made from scratch is so much better.

OTOH, small business pizza can be really good. Case in point is Magpie's in Tucson. So, yeah, I'd bet your linked restaurants make the good stuff.

I actually still like Papa John's. At least they're pretty good for the kind of pizza that they are, IMO.

I don't understand, though, who "Papa John" thinks he's gonna sway with this threat. Personally, it's worth an extra 20 cents to yours truly if it means their workers making minimum wage (plus tips for drivers) have better access to healthcare.

Not to mention the billions it will save our country.

That's billions us tax payers are now paying.

Forum List

Back