Papa John Pizza is the worst

I want one cooked in those wonderful brick ovens. Sheesh I can't even think now what they are called. :eusa_eh:
It's called a masonry oven.

I'm a professional mason and I built a masonry oven in my back yard about ten years ago. Unfortunately it was destroyed during a particularly harsh winter. My girlfriend (now wife) plowed a bunch of snow into it with my dump truck. But really it was my fault because I should have warned her that it was there. She couldn't see it because there was a huge snow drift covering it.

I might build a new one this spring.

The neat thing about a wood fired masonry oven is that it can get very hot inside with a relatively small amount of wood. Much hotter than the average home gas or electric kitchen oven which typically only go up to 550 degrees. That's why masonry ovens are so great for cooking pizza.

Since my masonry oven got fucked up beyond repair, I bought a cheap ceramic pizza stone and hacked the kitchen oven to make it get a few hundred degrees hotter than it was designed to get.

My family's pizza is the best, as its always been as it will always be.

Pizza Hut is the worst, followed by Dominoes, and then Papa John's. Although they are so close together that I won't argue about which of the three is the worst. It's just my opinion. I never eat any of them any more.

Of the chain stores, Marco's here is Florida is the best. I still prefer a local shop called A Taste of New York, who's pizza is better that I've ever gotten in NYC.

Forum List

Back