Pantybomber was "singing like a canary" before he lawyered up.

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
The chance to secure crucial information about al-Qaeda operations in Yemen was lost because the Obama administration decided to charge and prosecute Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab as an ordinary criminal, critics say. He is said to have reduced his co-operation with FBI interrogators on the advice of his government-appointed defence counsel.

The potential significance became chillingly clear this weekend when it was reported that shortly after his detention, he boasted that 20 more young Muslim men were being prepared for similar murderous missions in the Yemen.

What will the backlash be if, God forbid, he was not bluffing?

Detroit bomber 'singing like a canary' before arrest - Telegraph

The chance to secure crucial information about al-Qaeda operations in Yemen was lost because the Obama administration decided to charge and prosecute Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab as an ordinary criminal, critics say. He is said to have reduced his co-operation with FBI interrogators on the advice of his government-appointed defence counsel.

The potential significance became chillingly clear this weekend when it was reported that shortly after his detention, he boasted that 20 more young Muslim men were being prepared for similar murderous missions in the Yemen.

He sure shut up once he lawyered up. What lucancy. This dude should have been shipped to Gitmo and held as an enemy combatant. HOpe they got some usefull info from him before his lawyer showed. Jeeze.

"You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney.
If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you.
Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?"

Yep...they got all the information out of him he had and turned him over to the justice system.

Good job.

Don'tcha just love an administration who doesn't believe this is an act of war, instead of a crime by a misguided youth?

Damn incompetence on parade. THIS is why you libs are called weak on defense.

Just a thought, this 'tough guy' terrorist bomber wasn't really wearing panites was he. Is this what they wear under those 'robes' :lol: Dang I can see these tough guys wearing torn boxers or camel stained jockies, but panties?

Whatever they wear, when caught and convicted or red handed,ship them via a drone to Gitmo, but half way there at 25,000 feet, out pops a pair of silk lace panties with 8 pounds of C4 packed in the crotch and a musical card yelling Allah......well you know.

You know, we gave fair trials to people like Timothy McVeigh, Charles Manson, as well as a whole bunch of others who were not only criminals, but very good garden variety psychopaths and terrorists.

What did we do? We tried them, put it into the public record, and let everyone know the results.

Yes, some got off, but most didn't.

But, we are a nation of law abiding citizens (supposedly, but based on current events, I wonder), as well as a nation of laws. That's why this place works so nice.

But, if we make exceptions to our laws so that we can eke out revenge on someone? That's the point where it will unravel, and the fabric of this nation will start to fray.

They did it several times before you know...........Salem Witch Trials, Scopes Monkey Trial, as well as many other trials where black people were railroaded into jail and executed, just because someone wanted to cover up the crimes of another, and used the people that were already considered sub human.

That's what a lot of people who want tribunals are doing. They want to eke out revenge.

But my question is.........what if someone who is a US citizen decides they don't like something and hatch a plan?

Easiest fall guy to get as a scapegoat would be a MusLAME. Want to know why? They already want to hurt America, so they are easy to channel.

And, it's also easy for them to fade into the background. Shit..........what if some Aryan Nations idiots get an idea like that? They'd go capture a couple of middle easterners, beat 'em up, plant 'em in a beat up car, with bombs strapped to them.

Park it in front of a Jewish Temple (remember, they're Muslim), and then the skinheads could remote detonate it with a cell phone, just like they do in Iraq.

Be a hell of a cover up eh?

THAT is why they need to be tried under our laws, otherwise the scenario I just described could end up happening.

And that would be a very bad day for this country. I hope it never happens, as I've kinda grown fond of living here, as well as am proud of the fact that I've served it for all my adult life.

This is why Barry isn't serious about terorism.

Treating it as a police matter is the road to 9/11.

That doesn't mean do what Chimpola did and stupidly invade countries, but it does mean they are far beyound normal criminals and should not be treated as such.

So if the guy chooses not to speak....what torture do you all recommend?

I guess one has to decide whether or not to extract by any means from an individual that has nothing buy joy in their hearts for cutting the throats, blowing up into tiny bits of your wife, son or daughter or any other innocent peace loving human being just for not accepting their religious belief.

Let's see, sacrifice ONE murdering religious fanatical extremist scumbag to save one or thousands of innocent people.

It's a Friggen NO BRAINER.

Let those that keep professing ethical and humane treatment of terrorist scumbags that would behead their own children for Allah, see how fast they change their opinions if one of their own loved ones are beheaded on world wide television while listening to their pleas for life and their gasps when the knife cuts through their neck and their life spills out onto the floor.

Use any means possible to extract whatever information to save others around the planet and then send them on to Allah, it's their choice to meet Allah now or later. Of course beginning with the humane approach and giving them all the chances to avoid 'aggressive interrogation', but if their goal is to be silent while innocents die needlessly, then so be it.

This isn't a video game, in the comfort of your own homes with Lattes and fine wines.
Most people have no clue of when to be 'humane' and when not to be, that fine line is decided in many cases in seconds. since for many their only exposure is the internet, their blackberries, texting away in their own little world of sunshine and lollipops.

How 'humane' is the average person going to be when they are woken up by a home invasion by those who WILL kill you for not giving up your valuables? I would bet if all had a weapon, their choice would not be to have dialog, (interrogation) with those who perpetrated the invasion, they would most likely open up with small arms fire and end the threat.

So if the guy chooses not to speak....what torture do you all recommend?

any kind of torture that makes the tortured say what the torturer wants to hear.

e.g. "I need a link between al qaeda, 9/11 and saddam. have the report on my desk by yesterday. we can outsource to egypt or give your job to a contractor."

I guess one has to decide whether or not to extract by any means from an individual that has nothing buy joy in their hearts for cutting the throats, blowing up into tiny bits of your wife, son or daughter or any other innocent peace loving human being just for not accepting their religious belief.

Let's see, sacrifice ONE murdering religious fanatical extremist scumbag to save one or thousands of innocent people.

It's a Friggen NO BRAINER.

Let those that keep professing ethical and humane treatment of terrorist scumbags that would behead their own children for Allah, see how fast they change their opinions if one of their own loved ones are beheaded on world wide television while listening to their pleas for life and their gasps when the knife cuts through their neck and their life spills out onto the floor.

Use any means possible to extract whatever information to save others around the planet and then send them on to Allah, it's their choice to meet Allah now or later. Of course beginning with the humane a....', but if their goal is to be silent while innocents die needlessly, then so be it.

This isn't a video game, in the comfort of your own homes with Lattes and fine wines.
Most people ha.....hen not to be, that fine line is decided in many cases in seconds. since for many their only exposure is the internet, th.....r own little world of sunshine and lollipops.

How 'humane' is th.....hey are woken up by a home invasion by those who WILL kill you for not giving up your valuables? I would bet if all had a weapon, their choice would .....sion, they would most likely open up with small arms fire and end the threat.
yawn...the guy is a dupe and has little to offer..

your alarmist and ignorant attitude is silly and your fear and whining I'd grating on my nerves.

think shoe bomber

"You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney.
If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you.
Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?"

That is for a US citizen or for someone legally visiting US soil.. this person was neither

That is also the difference that those who bring up McVeigh and others also do not seem to grasp

The chance to secure crucial information about ... because the Obama administration decided to charge and prosecute Umar Farouk Abdulmu..., critics say. He is said to have reduced his co-operation with ....counsel.

The potential significance became chillingly clear th.... 20 more young Muslim men were being prepared for similar murderous missions in the Yemen.

He sure shut .. HOpe they got some usefull info from him before his lawyer showed. Jeeze.
Lions and Tigers and Bears...

Oh my!

Forum List

Back