Panic

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Diuretic, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    I can smell panic. The anti-Obama posts are increasing in number and in hysterical claims.

I can also smell fear. It's palpable. McCain has faltered, doddered and is now even thinking of running for one term only. He's beaten and he knows it.

The message to the RNC will be "Please nominate me, I'll only run for one term, I promise!". The message to the electorate wil be, "Please vote for me, I'll only run for one term, I promise!"

Obama only has to stay upright to win. It's all over before it even started.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    HEY--republicans cheat---McCain still has a good shot at it !:lol:

3. chapstic

chapstic Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    anyone with a brain knows john mccain can't win, but barack hussein obama can lose.

4. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Nah... panic suggests there was ever a hope for McCain to begin with. I'd call it depressed resignation.

5. chapstic

chapstic Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    the only hope we have is barack hussein obama self destruction which is happening currently. keep playing that race card buddy.

6. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,352
    The next 4 years are going to be the wildest ride in the history of the US regardless of who wins. And, whoever wins, they'll be relegated to one term. Divisivness, gridlock is bringing this country to it's knees and will become worse. That's just domestic not to mention Russia now has its eyes on restoration of its former cubs, a land grab in Israel that Olmert is ready to cede but with much consternation from its citizenry, and the puzzle that is the Byzantine empire siding with the USSR of old. And finally, energy, take one look at what China and Russia are doing in their relentless effort of crude acquisitions.

7. Denny Crane

Denny Crane Obama/Biden

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I agree to a certain extent about the anti-Obama croud being in a panic. I get the impression it might have something to do with fear of the unknown. What surprises me is what lengths some of them go to smear Obamas character. A lot of them can tell you what flaws Obama has but seldom can they make a compelling arguement based on facts why McCain is better. It's difficult to have an adult conversation about Obama because of all the schoolyard banter.

The Neo-Con fringe of the Republican party are really freaking out, and after seeing what they did to this country I take a certain amout of pleasure setting back listening to them complain and trip over themselves trying to convince rational thinking voters that the world is coming to an end because they are being dethroned.

Democrats have a very good chance this election and if Obama can rally their base to support Obama I think Bush will have to hand over the keys to the kingdom in Novermber to the Democrats.

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Yeah, I think you got that.

One term?

Yeah, that is a distinct possibility, too.

Those opposed to O have an enormous amount of power financially, and they might very well do their best to punish America for voting him into office.

Plus, O seems to have fewer chips to play with when he sits down at the table than any POTUS in my lifetime.

Add to that, the game is so much harder than it ever was in my lifetime, too.

Our economy is in tatters, our citizen population aging, we're overwhelmed by illegal aliens, we're on the wrong side of the trade balance equasion, and our standing in the world is at an all time low.

Worse, much worse, we, as a people, seem to lack a unified will.

Not only lacking a will regarding basic policies, but about the fundamentals of what America is, and what it should become, too.

And that last problem is, I think, at the root cause of all the aformentioned problems currently facing us.

I think that at the top, at the very top, in places where we average citizens never go, and probably don't even know exist, there is a tremendous battle going on for the heart and soul of this nation.

And I don't think the lines are really drawn at the lib v con, or D v R demarcations, either.

I really think it's deeper than that.

I really think it's a battle of nationalism V internationalism, or more honestly put: governance by government v control by corporatism.

As some of us can probably see, the nationalists aren't really doing all that well.

Well, I won't be around to see if that scif-fi libertopian neo-feudalist corporate society thing works out for my son and his sons.

I'm not entirely convinced that once the dust settles that that world will necessarily be worse than the one we've had.

But I am reasonable certain that the transition is going to be a tad rough on most people.

Drastic shifts in the way mankind organizes itself usually are.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    We'll see I suppose. I disagree though. I think its the opposite way around. The liberals are hysterical. Obama should be walking away with this, but he isn't.

I guess we will see events determining what happens with the election. It's far from over.

10. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,352
    Good post and I agree, editec.