Panetta says Israel will strike Iran in March, April or May

Take 'em out. And we will see where Obama really stands.

Actually, couldn't imagine a dumber thing for Israel to do...

The whole world would condemn their actions. And they probably wouldn't do any real damage to Iran's program.
Seeing as Iran has vowed destruction of Israel? I don't blame Israel doing what they did to Saddam's Iraq in the early 80's.

Take 'em out. And we will see where Obama really stands.

Actually, couldn't imagine a dumber thing for Israel to do...

The whole world would condemn their actions. And they probably wouldn't do any real damage to Iran's program.
Seeing as Iran has vowed destruction of Israel? I don't blame Israel doing what they did to Saddam's Iraq in the early 80's.

But you see, here's the problem. What they did in 1982 to the Osirak reactor was totally useless. Saddam merely spread out his program throughout the country. It took us pummelling him in the 1991 war to get him to give up his program, and he still tried to hold back until he was deposed in 2003.

The Iranians have already spread out their program. And the Israeli planes will be operating at the limits of their operational range.

My personal opinion is that when Israel attacks them they will get amazingly stupid and attack US interests. Now what Obama does is the question.

I almost wish Israel would just nuke their important nuke production sites.

Good question Gunny but they already have it planned what they are SUPPOSED to do.
Obama is supposed to listen to his cabinet, the intelligence branches and Pentagon and take the appropriate steps.
And this scenario has already been discussed many times and their expected response is already drawn up.
As well as the in country intelligence we receive and the commandos we have on the ground in many remote locations in Iran which we will never admit to and rightfully so.
Continued behind the scenes support for Isreal, which is all that matters anyway, and plausible deniability in front of the cameras.
Same as the last 50 years.

A squadron of F16Cs and Ds hits the long range targets as they are also equipped with state of the art jamming and other electronic warfare systems.
The Isreali F16Is in their Sufa platform have NO problems hitting anything in Iran.
Why would they? They train for that scenario all the time
They have a dozen state of the art Lockheed C-130 Hercules aerial refuelers.

all we have to do is stay out of it. but we're too stupid to do that.

The Isreali Air Force is Boeing F-15s , General Dynamics F-16s, Lockheed C-130s, Bell and many other American military contractors. Their entire maintenance and operational support on all of these airplanes is with American companies that are in many cases aligned with those same systems in the American military.
Isreali and US intelligence has been exchanging realtime intelligence with each other in that entire region for over 50 years.
We have never been out of it. And the Saudis and others there are glad of it. However, we will not have any boot troops involved.

The Isreali Air Force is Boeing F-15s , General Dynamics F-16s, Lockheed C-130s, Bell and many other American military contractors. Their entire maintenance and operational support on all of these airplanes is with American companies that are in many cases aligned with those same systems in the American military.
Isreali and US intelligence has been exchanging realtime intelligence with each other in that entire region for over 50 years.
We have never been out of it. And the Saudis and others there are glad of it. However, we will not have any boot troops involved.

it's funny how you say that we've been exchanging intelligence for over 50 years and then say we've never been out of it.

too, too funny.

let me say this for the millionth time. all countries will eventually have nukes. when they do, the crazies won't be going after canada.

we are so stupid.

it's funny how you say that we've been exchanging intelligence for over 50 years and then say we've never been out of it.

too, too funny.

let me say this for the millionth time. all countries will eventually have nukes. when they do, the crazies won't be going after canada.

we are so stupid.

Are you dense or something?
How is it "funny" when the facts are we have never been out of this Isreali/Arab conflict for 50 years because we share intelligence with each other and sell them 90% of their military equipment?
We are neck deep in it as Isreal is an ally and we also give them 5 billion in cash a year.
We have never been out of it for the last 50 years. Everything they will hit the Iranians with is American made and in most cases we sell them the ordinance also.

So if I sell my neighbor a volkswagon and then they run over another neighbor then I am responsible?

too, too funny.

we are so stupid.

How is it "funny" when the facts are we have never been out of this Isreali/Arab conflict for 50 years because we share intelligence with each other and sell them 90% of their military equipment?
We are neck deep in it as Isreal is an ally and we also give them 5 billion in cash a year.
We have never been out of it for the last 50 years. Everything they will hit the Iranians with is American made and in most cases we sell them the ordinance also.

and where were we prior to 50 years ago?

i think part of the problem with many americans is that they were raised during a period when we were neck deep in involvement in places all over the world. they think it's normal. they know no better.

again, all countries will eventually have nukes. the crazies won't hit canada first. they will go after those they think have bullied them. i'll give you three guesses who that will be.

too, too funny.

we are so stupid.

i think part of the problem with many americans is that they were raised during a period when we were neck deep in involvement in places all over the world. they think it's normal. they know no better.

again, all countries will eventually have nukes. the crazies won't hit canada first. they will go after those they think have bullied them. i'll give you three guesses who that will be.

They could never hit us and hit Mexico and Canada and the environmental and economic problems would still be the same all over the world.
You have NO idea how powerful these nuclear weapons are today compared to what they were in the cold war and the political implications militarily, strategically and economically are worldwide.
Respectfully, you need to go find a subject you know something about. It ain't here.

Any nuclear exchange between any nations, or groups of nations, would have catastrophic results. Today, there are two nations talking carelessly about the use of nuclear weopons. One has them, North Korea, the other may have them shortly, Iran.

In Iran, the people running that nation have already stated their intention of wiping out Isreal. Now whatever you think of the nation of Isreal, that people there, in the memory of some still living, have seen the results when someone stating the intention of wiping out the Jewish nation. Add a nuclear capability, and that threat takes on a reality that is truly dangerous.

They could never hit us and hit Mexico and Canada and the environmental and economic problems would still be the same all over the world.
You have NO idea how powerful these nuclear weapons are today compared to what they were in the cold war and the political implications militarily, strategically and economically are worldwide.
Respectfully, you need to go find a subject you know something about. It ain't here.

Exactly.

Does anyone actually believe that it makes ANY difference where the nuke is targeted? It will have a devastating impact world wide.

Any nuclear exchange between any nations, or groups of nations, would have catastrophic results. Today, there are two nations talking carelessly about the use of nuclear weopons. One has them, North Korea, the other may have them shortly, Iran.

In Iran, the people running that nation have already stated their intention of wiping out Isreal. Now whatever you think of the nation of Isreal, that people there, in the memory of some still living, have seen the results when someone stating the intention of wiping out the Jewish nation. Add a nuclear capability, and that threat takes on a reality that is truly dangerous.

Or they can do the sensible thing, give the Arabs their land back, and apologize profusely, but I doubt they'd do that.

Why is this our problem again?

Exactly.

Does anyone actually believe that it makes ANY difference where the nuke is targeted? It will have a devastating impact world wide.

well, no, it probably wouldn't. It would be very bad for whoever was living where it hit. So assuming that Iran hit Tel Aviv, that would be bad for Tel Aviv. And Israel will hit Tehran and every other Iranian city with bigger nukes, which is why it will never happen. But even then, the exchange would be pretty limited. We and the soviets set off more nukes before JFK signed the open air test ban.

Reality, though. If Iran gets a nuke, they are not going to hand it off to terrorists and they aren't going to commit national suicide by attacking Israel. They might be a bit more assertive in national affairs, absolutely, now that they have a "you can't screw with me card".

The Iranians have no incentive to give up their nuke Program. Qadaffi gave up his, and he's dead now. Saddam gave up his, he's finding out that his 72 virgins are all ugly. Kim Jong Il didn't give up his, and the world was kissing his ass until he died of old age.

Here's the timeline without dates and times:

-General Dempsey (Chairman JCS) goes to Israel to tell them that it is too early to talk of attacking Iran. They were not impressed and the general came home.
-Sec. Penetta, who talks too much anyway, states publically that he believes Israel will attack Iran soon.
-The WH express shock and dismay that "Good Job" Leon is saying such things.

Not much happens, politically, in this administration that is not directed by the Chicago Machine. The SECDEF made those comments to try and mind-control Israel into stopping their attack plans and leave those nice mullahs alone.

Last edited:

Or they can do the sensible thing, give the Arabs their land back, and apologize profusely, but I doubt they'd do that.

I thought it was the Palestinians land. But in the camp of those that hate Isreal the story changes.
The Arabs stole more Palestinian land than anyone. How come they will not give that land back?
Most of the Arab states over there will silently cheer when Isreal hits Iran.
Arabs hate the Persians more than they do the Jews.
A thorough understanding of the politics of the region is needed to understand what is and has been going on over there for 2 thousand years.

I thought it was the Palestinians land. But in the camp of those that hate Isreal the story changes.
The Arabs stole more Palestinian land than anyone. How come they will not give that land back?
Most of the Arab states over there will silently cheer when Isreal hits Iran.
Arabs hate the Persians more than they do the Jews.
A thorough understanding of the politics of the region is needed to understand what is and has been going on over there for 2 thousand years.

Palestinians are Arabs, guy. Nice try.

Frankly, I don't give a fuck about the last 2000 years. The whole thing can be summed up in one sentence. "My Sky Pixie is better than your Sky Pixie".

Why is this OUR problem? Why is this worth ONE American life?

Now, if you feel that strongly about it, you and every other Israel supporter are free to join up to something like the Abraham Lincoln brigade that fought for the wrong side in the Spanish Civil War. But of course, you won't do that. You'll insist some poor kid do it on the promise of a scholarship.

To me this means that Israel does not have American "clearance" (permission?) to do this, and that public statement from the administration says to the Arab World that we are not their enemy. Most of the Arab countries hope that someone will do it, even Israel. They have solicited America to take action but to no avail. If Iran's nuclear goals are not thwarted other countries in the region feel compelled to get them too, first in line Saudi Arabia. They will have to fly over Jordan and Iraq or Jordan and Saudi Arabia to get there and back. Will we or Iraq contest that might be at issue, and also will Jordan?
We will know more by which route they take; for instance, to what degree Iraq is in the pocket of Iran.

I think Panetta's comment precipitates Israeli action.

Last edited:
To me this means that Israel does not have American "clearance" (permission?) to do this, and that public statement from the administration says to the Arab World that we are not their enemy. Most of the Arab countries hope that someone will do it, even Israel. They have solicited America to take action but to no avail. If Iran's nuclear goals are not thwarted other countries in the region feel compelled to get them too, first in line Saudi Arabia. They will have to fly over Jordan and Iraq or Jordan and Saudi Arabia to get there and back. Will we or Iraq contest that might be at issue, and also will Jordan?
We will know more by which route they take; for instance, to what degree Iraq is in the pocket of Iran.

I think Panetta's comment precipitates Israeli action.

Perhaps.

Here's the thing. Iran actually is something of a democracy. Yeah, the Mullahs have veto power over who is on the ballot, but the big corporations have veto power over who is on the ballot in this country. So saying that Iran is a "Theocracy" is admitting America is a "Plutocracy".

Saudi Arabia is a Monarchy. So is Jordan. Iraq is a country in name only. So while secretly they might hope the Israelis take out Iran's nukes, they know that their own people will topple them if they were caught colluding with Israel or the US in any way.

Right now, the Arab Spring hasn't spread to these places- yet. Picking the wrong side in this fight might change that.

Forum List

Back