Panetta: Climate change has 'dramatic impact on national security'

Panetta: Climate change has 'dramatic impact on national security'
This would be some big-surprise (only) to some poorly-educated White-Trash Teabagger.

December 14, 2009

"Among the scenarios that concern security planners is the melting of the massive Himalayan ice mass. In theory, the rivers fed by the Himalayan glaciers would flood at first, then dry up once the glaciers retreat. That would endanger tens of millions of people in lowland Bangladesh.

Retired Air Marshal A.K. Singh, a former commander in India's air force, foresees mass migrations across national borders, with militaries soon becoming involved.

"It will initially be people fighting for food and shelter," Singh says. "When the migration starts, every state would want to stop the migrations from happening. Eventually, it would have to become a military conflict. Which other means do you have to resolve your border issues?"

Melting glaciers on the Himalayas not contributing to sea level rise
Previous studies relied on physical measurements of ice caps and glaciers on the ground.

However less than 120 out of more than 160,000 across the world have actually been measured because of the difficulty of accessing freezing and remote regions.

The new study, published in Nature, used satellites to measure the loss of ice from ice caps and glaciers for the first time from 2003 to 2010.

The results found that overall ice loss from ice caps and glaciers on land, excluding the huge ice caps on Greenland and Antarctica, is adding 0.4 mm per year to sea levels compared to previous projections that estimated 1mm per year.

Mountain glaciers in Asia in particular are having a much smaller effect than thought, with a “neglible mass loss” from the Himalayas over the last ten years.

Mr. Shaman I am not lowering myself to your level by quoting you.

But you would have far more traction with your arguments if you just convinced yourself that disrespect and name-calling is NOT the best way to influence others or convert them to sympathize with you.

State your position(s) without being abusive, offensive and vulgar profanity.

But you would have far more traction with your arguments if you just convinced yourself that disrespect and name-calling is NOT the best way to influence others or convert them to sympathize with you.

You're new here... aren't you.

I know you're knew around here but the libtards in general will tell you to "blow it out your ass." so stop whining about civillity and never whine about rep.. evah..

:lol::lol::lol:

you beat me to it.

Yes, I am new here. So, what? Wasn't everybody new at one time or another? Does being 'new' invalidate my opinions?

Rest assured, no matter how "OLD" I get on this forum, I will never use vulgar profanities, as that is the sure sign of disrupted and arrested development and used only by linguistically challenged morons whose language reflects their (lack of) maturity.

Yes, I am new here. So, what? Wasn't everybody new at one time or another? Does being 'new' invalidate my opinions?

Rest assured, no matter how "OLD" I get on this forum, I will never use vulgar profanities, as that is the sure sign of disrupted and arrested development and used only by linguistically challenged morons whose language reflects their (lack of) maturity.

Ewe sound like a nannystater.. sure dew.

Ewe = dumb sheep.

Nannystater: Is that a synonym for a decent person?

Dew: In this context you are about as wet as any fresh dew on a May morning.

BTW, if you are a proponent of vulgar profanity, ignore my posts as I will ignore yours.

Ewe = dumb sheep.

Nannystater: Is that a synonym for a decent person?

Dew: In this context you are about as wet as any fresh dew on a May morning.

BTW, if you are a proponent of vulgar profanity, ignore my posts as I will ignore yours.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you're gonna be doing a lot of ignoring.. budrow

Firstly, may I commend you on your wise decision not to quote Mr Stupid. Most of us have resorted to using the 'ignore' function with that assclown.

Secondly, a word of advice. Don't hold your breath waiting for anything other than abuse, offense and vulgar profanity on USMB. :lol:

Panetta has no business being the SECDEF, he should be at some backwoods Vermont college instead.

Also, I think ADM Mullen was a kiss ass too, hopefully GEN Dempsey isn't a pansy like Mullen with a legacy of supporting repeal of DADT.

relax dude... I was referring to your admonition of Crayon Boy. You are too new to know he is a complete partisan hack and no one takes him seriously or tries to get an honest debate out of him... it simply isn't in his DNA.

Forum List

Back