Panetta at CIA? Trouble is brewing.

btw, for me to be wrong on this, Bush would not have had any members of his admin as carry overs from the Clinton administration

Not at all. For you to be wrong all one has to do is look at Bush's record. Extending the hand of friendship with your fingers crossed behind you back is not friendship, it's gamesmanship.

Carry overs don't mean shit in the divisive stakes. One could argue he kept Tenet on to blame for any intelligence fuck ups during that period...and there were a few of them.

Not at all. For you to be wrong all one has to do is look at Bush's record. Extending the hand of friendship with your fingers crossed behind you back is not friendship, it's gamesmanship.

Carry overs don't mean shit in the divisive stakes. One could argue he kept Tenet on to blame for any intelligence fuck ups during that period...and there were a few of them.
and yet he didnt blame him

you just continue to be massively WRONG

I said 'one could argue'. I know a Thick-As-Pigshit person like yourself doesn't understand comprehension, but at pretend you do.

As for being wrong, Bush's record speaks for itself...
yet you are the one that is still WRONG
and you call ME that?
LOL
you're looking in a mirror, asshole

yet you are the one that is still WRONG
and you call ME that?
LOL
you're looking in a mirror, asshole

Which part am I wrong about? How he worked with Dems in Congress (snicker)? That part? Or how Cheney (the real power behind the WH), was so lovey dovey with the Dems on Capitol Hill?

Get a new set of glasses Dilbert, your optomotrist is calling....

Which part am I wrong about? How he worked with Dems in Congress (snicker)? That part? Or how Cheney (the real power behind the WH), was so lovey dovey with the Dems on Capitol Hill?

Get a new set of glasses Dilbert, your optomotrist is calling....
he DID work with them
you are a fucking moron

but I am curious about the powers that be being upset with the Panetta nomination. is it all a power struggle or based on principles?

you know, I like the guy too, but, he has no, no qualifications for this post. Period.

Huge mistake, playing politics with the CIA.

Bush had Democrat senate members and their families over to the White House to watch movies and other "reaching out" type offers. He even let Ted Kennedy write Bush's education bill. Of course none of it worked, just like after 9/11 the Democrats couldn't help themselves from turning everything partisan. Personally I thought Bush was an idiot to attempt to reach out to the Democrats - it was a waste of time and effort.

Valid points, each one of them.

further, any person who blames Bush for 9/11 is either an idiot or too one sided to see their other arm.

Another person learning on the job...Great! :clap2: Just what the CIA needs right now.

Seems to me that Obama is now Bush II revisited. GW wanted to be a 'domestic president' that brought both sides together. He failed in that, partially because of the election, partially because of the card deal known as 9/11. With that, I don't think he did so bad. But that is for history to decide, right now, I'm in the tiny minority.

Bush never wanted to be a "uniter." That was more of word spin that Karl used. To say that he failed because of 9-11 is a total gross missunderstanding of what happned with this tradegy.

He was handed a chance to unite this country that even a dem could have succeed with. His neo con advisors used this instead to push their personal agenda of the Iraq invasion and used the fear card incessently.

You are a minority who still is clinging to the cognitive dissonance that is the bush administration. And sayin that it is for history to decide is a bullshit cop out. That's like saying we can't put anyone in prison today until history decides if they were really guilty.

Bush pretended to reach out whe he thought he needed help, but old US all to go to hell otherwise.

Uniter, your ass.

Our econom is in shatters after 8 years of his mis rule. Screw history and help those who are out of work or their homes right now. This worrying about your legacy shit is just that: vain shitdreams of future glory.

Last edited:
Bush never wanted to be a "uniter." That was more of word spin that Karl used. To say that he failed because of 9-11 is a total gross missunderstanding of what happned with this tradegy.

He was handed a chance to unite this country that even a dem could have succeed with. His neo con advisors used this instead to push their personal agenda of the Iraq invasion and used the fear card incessently.

You are a minority who still is clinging to the cognitive dissonance that is the bush administration. And sayin that it is for history to decide is a bullshit cop out. That's like saying we can't put anyone in prison today until history decides if they were really guilty.

Bush pretended to reach out whe he thought he needed help, but old US all to go to hell otherwise.

Uniter, your ass.

Our econom is in shatters after 8 years of his mis rule. Screw history and help those who are out of work or their homes right now. This worrying about your legacy shit is just that: vain shitdreams of future glory.

I am not a Bush fan, but, I do think your a tad wrong on this. Clearly this is mere opinion by all of us, so here is mine. I think Bush actually does have it in him to reach across the isle and I think he tried at various times even when he was told not to. I think the wall there was not Bush himself, as his personality lends it's self to him reach across, but the wall were those behind him and of course the radicals on the other side as well. One example, put Cheney and Pelosi in a room together for a week and see what your left with when you open the door! So, personally blaming Bush, though easy I don't feel truly represents what was taking place in the power struggles on both sides.

What are his qualifications for this post?

None as far as I can tell.

Damn!

If there's one thing we need its an effective agency that can gather human intel.

We don't have that now, and much of what has been going on might have been avoided if we had.

Damn! Damn! Damn!

It's a shame that Bush I is so old.

At least that guy had some experience running the CIA.

Another person learning on the job...Great! :clap2: Just what the CIA needs right now.

He's the only person alive who would take the post. Most of the professionals are running for their lives. If they do absolutely anything more than make tea for terrorists then they risk prosecution from KOS and obamalama! Can't say as I blame them.

Uniter, your ass.

you drink way too much koolaid

What are his qualifications for this post?

None as far as I can tell.

Damn!

If there's one thing we need its an effective agency that can gather human intel.

We don't have that now, and much of what has been going on might have been avoided if we had.

Damn! Damn! Damn!

It's a shame that Bush I is so old.

At least that guy had some experience running the CIA.

but bush had none going in, just like panetta, iirc.

i would like to think that the career apparatchiks take care of the nuts and bolts of the agency and the director fights the bureaucratic wars and consults with the president. i don't know that knowledge of how to gather info is as important as knowing what to do with it once you have it.

i agree with you on the need for more humint-sattelites and intercepts are fine as far as they go, but as in all aspects of conflict, you need boots on the ground to win.

but bush had none going in, just like panetta, iirc.

i would like to think that the career apparatchiks take care of the nuts and bolts of the agency and the director fights the bureaucratic wars and consults with the president. i don't know that knowledge of how to gather info is as important as knowing what to do with it once you have it.

i agree with you on the need for more humint-sattelites and intercepts are fine as far as they go, but as in all aspects of conflict, you need boots on the ground to win.

It also helps... when you need Farsi interpreters, if you don't fire the ones you have because they're gay. So I figure at least Panetta isn't going to do anything goofy like that.

I also think you're right. I think it's less important that Panetta have intel experience, then he be smart enough to know how to run the operation (he is) and know what to do with the info once he gets it (I hope he is... I figure he is).

Forum List

Back