Panetta at CIA? Trouble is brewing.

btw, for me to be wrong on this, Bush would not have had any members of his admin as carry overs from the Clinton administration

A point:

Re Panetta - Kathryn Jean Lopez - The Corner on National Review Online

Monday, January 05, 2009

Re Panetta [Kathryn Jean Lopez]
Angelo Codevilla, author of the new book Advice to War Presidents: A Remedial Course in Statecraft, tells NRO:

Leon Panetta may not know very much about foreign affairs or defense matters. He is wholly unacquainted with the questions and quarrels that have roiled the US intelligence community for a half century. But, as veteran political warrior, he will do what President Obama expects of him: prevent CIA from making war upon him as it made war on George W. Bush. When Bush appointed Porter Goss as CIA director to stop that war, CIA's old boys somehow convinced Bush to fire him. Panetta's appointment however tells CIA's old boys that if they trouble the Obama team, they will be the ones fired.

What? Bush and Obama are nothing alike. Bush didn't do one single thing to bring both sides together, and has lead one of the most divisive adminstrations in living memory.
Wrong:

President Bush marked his first 100 days in office with a White House luncheon today to which all 535 members of Congress were invited.
"I know we always don't agree," he said. "But we're beginning to get a spirit here in Washington where we're more agreeable, where we're setting a different tone." - president Bush
On Sunday, Mr. Gephardt waved off the invitation and disparaged the idea that bipartisanship had broken out in Washington.

"We don't talk, we don't negotiate, we don't really collaborate and work together on these policies," he said then on the CBS News television program "Face the Nation."
Emerging from the luncheon, where the president had table- hopped, Mr. Armey cast the stay- away Democrats as ungrateful.

"A romance has got to be reciprocal," he told reporters on the White House driveway. "If I were the president, I'd be starting to get courtship fatigue. How much can you pursue these guys and have them continue to complain that you're not pursuing them?"

Lunch at the White House Proves No Big Draw

do you deny it or not?
i wont answer until you do

Look you made the claim.

I dont remember any.

Im asking you for once to provide proof of what you claim.

Its pretty much on line discussion basics to proove what you claim when asked.

Look you made the claim.

I dont remember any.

so, you DO deny it
this is why i think you are a fucking moron

i can name one right off the top of my head

George Tenet

and look at what Gord just posted

it should make you embarrassed for being so fucking stupid

Look you made the claim.

I dont remember any.

When will all get that posts like this to you will not work? You are the champion! :clap2:

dont you just love these lying morons?
Bush had Democrat senate members and their families over to the White House to watch movies and other "reaching out" type offers. He even let Ted Kennedy write Bush's education bill. Of course none of it worked, just like after 9/11 the Democrats couldn't help themselves from turning everything partisan. Personally I thought Bush was an idiot to attempt to reach out to the Democrats - it was a waste of time and effort.

Last edited:
Bush had senate members and their families over to the White House to watch movies and other "reaching out" type offers. He even let Ted Kennedy write Bush's education bill. Of course none of it worked, just like after 9/11 the Democrats couldn't help themselves from turning everything partisan. Personally I thought Bush was an idiot to attempt to reach out to the Democrats - it was a waste of time and effort.
Bush bent over backwards to get along with democrats, and still does
even after they stabbed him in the back so many times

Forum List

Back