Pandora Radio

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
Does anyone have experience with the Pandora radio service? I'm really enjoying the free service as far as the music goes. It's been great because it keeps playing songs I'd almost forgotten. I'd like to be able to remove some groups from the mix tho and haven't figured out how to do that. Can it be done on the free service or would I have to have a subscription to make changes other than adding groups?

You just go to pandora.com and you can set up your own stations.

I've been listening to Pandora for a few years now, free version. My own stations run the gamut from Louis Armstrong to the Sex Pistols.

Does anyone have experience with the Pandora radio service? I'm really enjoying the free service as far as the music goes. It's been great because it keeps playing songs I'd almost forgotten. I'd like to be able to remove some groups from the mix tho and haven't figured out how to do that. Can it be done on the free service or would I have to have a subscription to make changes other than adding groups?

I'm listening to Alphaville on pandora right now. It's a great site. :thup:

About your question, there's no way to ban a group from a station aside from hitting the thumbs-down button whenever they come up--after you do this a few times, the station will get the hint and stop playing songs from that group. The subscription membership isn't any different. But with a subscription, you can do the thumbs-down an unlimited number of times in an hour; with the free account, you're limited to x-number of times. Audio quality is also better too, if you're an audiophile.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I think i've removed artists from my Pandora list in the past.

Recently I've been using Last.fm - Listen to free music with internet radio and the largest music catalogue online
It's a toolbar that sits at the top of Firefox with no monthly limit

Do you remember how you removed them from the list? I haven't yet figured out how to access the list. I've "added variety", but haven't found an option to see what all I've added or to get rid of an artist.
I'll go log in and try....brb

I am tired of Pandora. They are spamming with too many commericials, and the service time out if one doesn't provide FEEDBACK often enough. If one is working on a project, one may not have a hand free to keep providing FEEDBACK.

Forum List

Back