Pandering to the White Voter

Imagine that I tell you the following story:

I was in my room one night.
Suddenly, my room became exceedingly bright.
Next thing I know there is an angel in my room.
He tells me an amazing story.
He says that there is a set of ancient golden plates buried in the side of a hill in New York.
On them are the books of a lost race of Jewish people who inhabited North America.
These plates bear inscriptions in the foreign language of these people.
Eventually the angel leads me to the plates and lets me take them home.
Even though the plates are in a foreign language, the angel helps me to decipher and translate them.
Then the plates are taken up into heaven, never to be seen again.
I have the book that I translated from the plates. It tells of amazing things -- an entire civilization of Jewish people living here in the United States 2,000 years ago.
And the resurrected Jesus came and visited these people!
I also showed the golden plates to a number of real people who are my eye witnesses, and I have their signed attestations that they did, in fact, see and touch the plates before the plates were taken up into heaven.​

Now, what would you say to me about this story? Even though I do have a book, in English, that tells the story of this lost Jewish civilization, and even though I do have the signed attestations, what do you think? This story sounds nutty, doesn't it?

You would ask some obvious questions. For example, at the very simplest level, you might ask, "Where are the ruins and artifacts from this Jewish civilization in America?" The book transcribed from the plates talks about millions of Jewish people doing all kinds of things in America. They have horses and oxen and chariots and armor and large cities. What happened to all of this? I answer simply: it is all out there, but we have not found it yet. "Not one city? Not one chariot wheel? Not one helmet?" you ask. No, we haven't found a single bit of evidence, but it is out there somewhere. You ask me dozens of questions like this, and I have answers for them all.

Most people would assume that I am delusional if I told them this story. They would assume that there were no plates and no angel, and that I had written the book myself. Most people would ignore the attestations -- having people attest to it means nothing, really. I could have paid the attesters off, or I could have fabricated them. Most people would reject my story without question.

What's interesting is that there are millions of people who actually do believe this story of the angel and the plates and the book and the Jewish people living in North America 2,000 years ago. Those millions of people are members of the Mormon Church, headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. The person who told this incredible story was a man named Joseph Smith, and he lived in the United States in the early 1800s. He told his story, and recorded what he "translated from the plates", in the Book of Mormon.

If you meet a Mormon and ask them about this story, they can spend hours talking to you about it. They can answer every question you have. Yet the 5.99 billion of us who are not Mormons can see with total clarity that the Mormons are delusional. It is as simple as that. You and I both know with 100% certainty that the Mormon story is no different from the story of Santa. And we are correct in our assessment. The invalidating evidence is voluminous.

More: God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs

I like where Obama went after racist black voters by having a record of going to a racist church for 20 years and writing racist comments in his books.

Maybe Mitt needs to become a racist before the OP can respect and vote for him.

Mitt was born a racist, remember? He is a Mormon. It was in their teachings until 1978.

Ahh, so you support the guy that was born indifferent and made the choice to become a racist for over 20 years of his life...

Glad I don't plan on voting for either cuz, boy I'd look dumb... huh?

I like where Obama went after racist black voters by having a record of going to a racist church for 20 years and writing racist comments in his books.

Maybe Mitt needs to become a racist before the OP can respect and vote for him.

Mitt was born a racist, remember? He is a Mormon. It was in their teachings until 1978.

Ahh, so you support the guy that was born indifferent and made the choice to become a racist for over 20 years of his life...

Glad I don't plan on voting for either cuz, boy I'd look dumb... huh?

And what is one racist thing that Mitt has done to manifest these so-called racist beliefs? 98 percent of Massachusetts residents now have health care (thanks to Romneycare). I thought that was pretty much supposed to be the litmus test for whacko libs.

Anything to avoid dealing with facts, eh?

For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.(2 Nephi 26:33)

Yet, you claim despite the clear teachings of the Book of Mormon since it was published in 1829 that Mormons taught that it was impossible for blacks to go to heaven. A complete and utter lie.

Instead of addressing this, you have to resort to accusations of delusions. Why? Are you scared people might actually read the Book of Mormon and realize you aren't telling the Truth about Mormons believe?

The Book of Mormon is the record of your own ancestors. You think God didn't love them as much as He loved the people in Judea or the Gentiles? You think Christ is the Savior of just one nation? The Lord says it so much better than I could ever say this:

Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?

Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever. (2 Nephi 29:7-9)

You seem to think that an all powerful God is incapable of some things. Why is that? Does that make sense? If there is a God, and I can testify that I know there is one, He created the Earth, why can't he communicate with many nations? Why couldn't He have commanded His servants to write and hide up the record to provide another witness for His Rebelious children?

It is an incredible story. I can understand why someone might not believe it. But the Lord has provided witnesses for it. Joseph didnt just tell people to trust his story. He invited people to see it. 11 other people, for a total of twelve witnesses, saw and handled the plates. Their testimony is contained in the front of the Book of Mormon.

The Testimony of 12 witnesses

I am a witness to it as well. The Spirit has testified to me that the Book of Mormon is true. I've read it. I've applied the principles is teaches. The fruits of the Book are good and it leads those who seek the Lord to Christ. The witness I've recieved from the Spirit was so powerful and undeniable, you may think of me as nuts, derranged or whatever, It doesnt matter. I cannot deny that the experience. The Spirit of the Lord opened my eyes when I read this and my life has never been the same.

But you know what, you dont have to take the word of the 12 Wtinesses. You don't have to take my word for it. The Lord has provided you with those witnesses, but He has also provided a way to recieve your own witness. You can know that the Book of Mormon is true too. The Lord will provide you with your own witness if you experiment on the Word and do the following:

Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. (Moroni 10:3-5)

The Spirit is present as I write this. So I want to thank you. It's always nice to feel the Spirit this strongly. It's not an opportunity I have all the time.

I hope when you read this you will not fight the Spirit. He will touch you if you are open to it. And He will inspire you to read the Book of Mormon for yourself. You and any one else who reads. I hope you are willing to read it for yourself and take the challenge. Because the Lord keeps His promises. And while the invitation is presented, the choice is yours. You can find out for yourself. You can have your own experience with the Lord and receive your own witness. Or you can continue to misrepresent and attack the Book of Mormon and those who believe the Spirit. The choice is up to you. Do it. you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

That he just fabricated for his 'memoir' at that.

Just when I think you've reached the PINNACLE of pathetic postings, you always find a way to outdo yourself.

Of course, what can any of us expect from a leftist who uses a SLOT MACHINE image for his avatar.

What's next? Are you going to tell us that you are .004% "native American", and you therefore qualify to attend Harvard tuition-free?

Take this to the bank:

November 6, 2012
"The End Of An Error"

Gee, I wonder what this thread has to do with Native Americans...? Thanks for making it personal...
You made it racist. Why can't he make it personal? What you have is a NYT article insinuating racism and you stupidly buy into it. Accompanying photos show no blacks, but can you assure me that none were present? After all, we do know that the Times and other liberal fish wrappers are not above showing misleading photos of people carrying firearms at TEA Party rallies. I think you were pegged accurately in the 2nd post in this thread, hack.

Last edited:
What thie CW of the op link assumes is that there is anything near same turn out rates for the support of Democrats and Republicans. Never has been. Thus explain 2010 or even 2000, 2004. Or 1980, etc.

It's the reason Rasmussen with 'likely voters' is more often correct.

Fuck that, I'm a white voter and I wouldn't trust Romney with my dog, let alone this country(no pun intended).

Yet you trust Obama with your dog?

d2ae7b5c.jpg

Forum List

Back