Pandemic In the Making?

Were they discussing a budget anywhere in 1918? Interesting theory, however. Discussing budgets causes pandemics.

Hmm ... your logic is on the fritz again ... when did we have media in 1918?

Hint: It's not a scare unless there are a ton of media outlets blowing it our of proportion.

Historically speaking, only the less than "clean" places are hit hard by such things, it's a drawback to not showering, having clean water, or living in filth. That's just what happens. In the US we are excessively clean ... so it's all just scares. Look at percentages as well, you are still talking a VERY small portion of our population, so small it won't have much of an impact anyway.

But nobody on here has said that, have they?

You're using that as an excuse to put down liberals again, instead of talking about the flu, which is what this thread is about.

You have the power to remove or move my posts if you do not feel they are germane to the thread. And it's always so easy to 'put down liberals' since just about any topic can point to their hypocrisy.

Now back to the subject at hand... Pandemics have been brought up on message boards many times and population control has invariably been discussed. I'm sure we've all seen this:

Newsvine - Obama advisor: Earth population 'exceeds limits'

Have to constantly put down someone, X? Feeling a little inferior there? Don't worry about that, posting shit like that proves you to be inferior. So no need to worry further.

:lol: I didn't start it. There are some people who shouldn't discuss certain issues because they get too upset and don't make sense. ...Kind of like you discussing anything related to Science.

I don't want to be the one that throws water on this--but we here in Colorado experienced the exact same symtoms they're saying swine flu does? It hit about last October--started with soar throat--fever-tight chest with cough--& took forever to get over? It went through the entire family. None of us went to the doctor, because we knew it was the flu.

You know sometimes--maybe it was us that passed it around? I mean--how do they know exactly where it originated at--except that 140 died from it in Mexico city.

If you look at Mexico city--very crowded--very unhealthy airthat they breath with over est. 25 million people living there--wasn't any type of flu outbreak going to be serious?

I did not read through the entire thread, so the post may be a bit redundant, but for anyone itnerested I would like to explain the "young people die" phenomenon.

Some Virusses can cause "Cytokine storms". A Cytokine strom may basically happen if "Virus cleared" and "Virus not cleared" messages get to the Bone marrow (you can think of the Bone Marrow as the brain of the immune system) at once. In this case, the bone marrow will assume that the virus has not been cleared and that "Virus cleared" messages are false (A number of Virusses, including Aids, can send false messages to the immune system), meaning that such messages are repressed from now on. This repression goes on as long as the infected tissue is still sending "I am beeing attacked" signals. This will in the end cause an out of control reaction by the immune system, that will attempt to destroy all cells somehow associated with Viral Proteins.

Normally, the immune system would primarly attack cells presenting viral Proteins at their MHC1-Molecules. The MHC1-Molekule is something like an immune passport, it also presents bits of things currently synthesied inside the cells, if viral proteins are produced inside, viral parts will also be on the MHC1 molecules where the immune system will recognice this and send a "Die" signal to the host cell).
Under the conditions of a cytokine storm, the immune system kills much less selectivly.
In some cases, you also get the "damage signal" feedback loop.
Each major tissue receiving significant damage will send "Help Help I am beeing attacked by something!" messages to both the brain (basically, this is pain, if you feel pain, it means your body wants you to do something to stop it) and the immune system. This may cause the immune system to send even more killer cells there and cause more damage, leading to even more damage signals, and more killer cells again.

As the immune system is the main perpetrator of the damage, and the immune system is strongest in healthly adults, this leads to young healthy adults dying the most.

Were they discussing a budget anywhere in 1918? Interesting theory, however. Discussing budgets causes pandemics.

Hint: It's not a scare unless there are a ton of media outlets blowing it our of proportion.

Historically speaking, only the less than "clean" places are hit hard by such things, it's a drawback to not showering, having clean water, or living in filth. That's just what happens. In the US we are excessively clean ... so it's all just scares. Look at percentages as well, you are still talking a VERY small portion of our population, so small it won't have much of an impact anyway.
:lol: I'm glad you don't work for the CDC.

:lol: I'm glad you don't work for the CDC.

I think she did work for Nagin right before Katrina tho.

I did not read through the entire thread, so the post may be a bit redundant, but for anyone itnerested I would like to explain the "young people die" phenomenon.

Some Virusses can cause "Cytokine storms". A Cytokine strom may basically happen if "Virus cleared" and "Virus not cleared" messages get to the Bone marrow (you can think of the Bone Marrow as the brain of the immune system) at once. In this case, the bone marrow will assume that the virus has not been cleared and that "Virus cleared" messages are false (A number of Virusses, including Aids, can send false messages to the immune system), meaning that such messages are repressed from now on. This repression goes on as long as the infected tissue is still sending "I am beeing attacked" signals. This will in the end cause an out of control reaction by the immune system, that will attempt to destroy all cells somehow associated with Viral Proteins.

Normally, the immune system would primarly attack cells presenting viral Proteins at their MHC1-Molecules. The MHC1-Molekule is something like an immune passport, it also presents bits of things currently synthesied inside the cells, if viral proteins are produced inside, viral parts will also be on the MHC1 molecules where the immune system will recognice this and send a "Die" signal to the host cell).
Under the conditions of a cytokine storm, the immune system kills much less selectivly.
In some cases, you also get the "damage signal" feedback loop.
Each major tissue receiving significant damage will send "Help Help I am beeing attacked by something!" messages to both the brain (basically, this is pain, if you feel pain, it means your body wants you to do something to stop it) and the immune system. This may cause the immune system to send even more killer cells there and cause more damage, leading to even more damage signals, and more killer cells again.

As the immune system is the main perpetrator of the damage, and the immune system is strongest in healthly adults, this leads to young healthy adults dying the most.

I believe someone else posted this exact thing on another thread here.

Forum List

Back