Palmer Courtlandt - RIP

JenyEliza

Princess of Rhetoric
Nov 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA, USA
Today Mr. Palmer Courtlandt was farewelled by friends and family from far and wide, old and dear. He was 89 and will be sadly missed.

Mr. Courtlandt leaves behind to grieve his only child Mrs. Nina Courtlandt Warner, wife of Dr. Clifford Warner, his former wife Mrs. Daisy Courtlandt, mother of Nina, a niece, Mrs. Dixie Cooney Martin, wife of Tad Martin, who preceeds him in death.

He is also survived by a nephew Will Cooney, niece Melanie Cooney, of Pigeon Hollow, W. VA. In addition, he is survived by his second wife, Mrs. Opal Gardner Courtlandt, and his step-son, Tad Martin.

Mr. Courtlandt lost all his money in June 1992. He and his second wife, Mrs. Opal Gardner Courtlandt, ran a restaurant called the Chicken Shack to become wealthy again. In late 1998, the marriage crumbled into ruins and they divorced a year later. Despite divorcing Mrs. Courtlandt, Mr. Courtlandt never stopped loving her.

In 2002, his niece Dixie was killed in a car crash and Palmer was left devastated. Her death nearly caused him and his second wife to reunite. In 2006, Mr. Courtlandt was devastated to learn his niece had staged her own death in 2002 and lied to everyone. But he got over his hurt and reconciled with his beloved niece and stood by her as she was wrongly accused of murder. They spent a wonderful Christmas together in late 2006.

In early 2007, his niece Dixie was murdered, for real this time. The shock of her death and the stress of her murder trial caused Mr. Courtlandt to have a heart attack, which he survived, although he was unable to attend the trial due to his hospitalization and recovery.

During late 2007 and into 2008, Mr. Courtlandt left town to travel as his grief over losing his beloved niece made him shut himself away from the world. He did return to town briefly in early 2008, to help Mrs. Erica Kane out of prison. He later reached out to his second wife when her son was nearly killed and appeared at the end of the year to welcome his son Petey back to town.

In early 2008, Mr. Courtlandt invested the majority of his wealth with a shady sub-prime mortgage banker and was forced to leave town in shame when he went broke. He was last seen in September 2009.

On January 5, 2010, Mr. Courtlandt was a guest star in a documentary about Pine Valley, which was produced by Hayley Vaughn Santos. In it, he proclaimed he knew his second wife still loved him and with a smile made it plain he still loved her.

Mr. Courtlandt suffered a fatal heart attack while visiting Pine Valley, PA on the 19th of April, 2010.

Mr. James Mitchell, who portrayed Mr. Palmer Courtlandt on the television "soap" show "All My Children" since 1979 died on January 22, 2010.

Friends, family and fans met on ABC Television today at 1:00 pm EST today to memorialize these two great men.

Please take time in joining me to farewell them both, and to wish those who miss them and must now carry on without them the best.

Last edited:
Nobody watches All My Children anymore?

Did ya'll know that Nina Courtlandt Warner and her mother Daisy are coming back to Pine Valley? Yep. They're staying on after the funeral, so I hear.

I wonder what's in Palmer's will? Did he REALLY lose all his money? Or did he have some stashed away with folks' name on it? Or did he even have a will?

Will we ever find out the answers? .... Stay tuned. :D

Forum List

Back