Palin's tenure as Mayor/Governor

are you so pompus and arrogant that you don't think a 17 year old can actually have the knowledge to understand what is happening in this country and the world in general? or are you just so stupid you don't want to get into a debate with him because you know you'll get your ass kicked? :eusa_whistle:

Robert IS the future of this country jr.

I find it fascinating that someone his age would be so tapped into the world of politics.. I hope he's not the exception to the rule because as time goes on we'll need more young people to engage in this process.

Thank you silence for the compliment.

I find it interesting how they all like to insult me because of my age but it doesn't change the amount of knowledge I had before I revealed that.

And I do hope more people in my generation do engage in this process. Barack Obama has brought them out in large numbers, the only question remaining on election day is will they vote.

Thank you silence for the compliment.

I find it interesting how they all like to insult me because of my age but it doesn't change the amount of knowledge I had before I revealed that.

And I do hope more people in my generation do engage in this process. Barack Obama has brought them out in large numbers, the only question remaining on election day is will they vote.

I didn't know you were seventeen.

You seem to have more wisdom and good judgment than most Cons who are twice your age - like knowing the Iraq War was a bad idea.

Actually teenagers that are 17 don't vote either Republican or Democrat. The reason alot of teenagers 18 and older vote Democrat is because they lack life experience. Because they lack life experience, when Democrats come along with their rheteroic, 'Change and Hope', they fall for it.

You know I find that funny because that is the whole platform that John McCain and Sarah Palin are running on now a days.

Since he picked Sarah, the whole experience thing went out the window.

Thank you strolling and Red Dawn for the compliments.

Some of the republicans insulting me I think assume that because I revealed I'm 17 that all of a sudden that makes my amount of knowledge I have less or something along the lines of that.

Actually teenagers that are 17 don't vote either Republican or Democrat. The reason alot of teenagers 18 and older vote Democrat is because they lack life experience. Because they lack life experience, when Democrats come along with their rheteroic, 'Change and Hope', they fall for it.

that's an interesting theory...I've been a registered democrat since I was 19... I'll be 40 next month.

Trust me when I tell you, I don't lack life experience...it's the fact that I have plenty of life experience that the message of hope and change is so appealing... we've got to be able to do better than we have in the past... otherwise what is the point of it all?

Thank you silence for the compliment

you're quite welcome Robert! If you had never revealed you were 17 I don't think anyone would've guessed it...

It's interesting to see how someone who has their whole life ahead of them sees this country. You've yet to get into teh world of jobs or even college....

it must be terrifying to have to sit back and watch all this around you knowing that you really have no voice in this whole process yet....

I want you to know that I'm voting for YOUR future...for my daughter's future and for the future of all the kids who don't even realize yet how much they need my vote.

I wasn't mixed up there. So tell me, why Obama and Biden? Exactly what do they bring to the table?

Whoops my manners, hello back to you Robert.

Why I'm choosing Barack Obama and Joe Biden:

1.) Barack Obama believes that felons who have completed their jail time and probation and paid all their fines should be allowed once again to vote in elections.

If you have served your time, then you should get your right to vote back.

2.) Barack Obama believes in the Death Penalty should remain option in some cases. Such as mass murder, the rape and murder of a child,etc. (Remember that whole big down in the Big Easy because they wanted child rapists to get the Death Penalty.)

3.) Barack Obama will give first-time, non-violent drug offenders a chance to serve their sentence, where appropriate, in rehab centers and that can handle having such offenders.

Not only will this save billions of dollars on Taxes but it will help our overpopulated Prison System that is working at 19% over capacity.

Did you know Six of ten federal prisoners stand convicted of drug possession or drug use? Oh and 50% of our prison system is just filled with non-violent drug users.

4.) Barack Obama believes that No Child Left Behind has not been effective at improving our public schools. (Being a high school senior who has dealt with No Child Left Behind, I can concur on that.)

He believes the goal of the law was right which I also believe. However it was royally screwed up thanks to inadequate funding, implementation.

5.) Barack Obama believes our sex education in schools should not be Abstinence only. (This one is really self explained.)

6.) Barack Obama believes Global Warming is real and will be fighting towards fixing it. Sarah Palin does not believe Global Warming is a man made problem.

7.) Barack Obama believes in more federal regulations on guns and ammunition are needed.

I will quote him below since he isn't trying to take away anyone's guns.

We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions."

8.) Barack Obama believes all Americans should have a right to government or employer subsidized basic health care?

We are the richest country in the world supposedly. Lets show it.

9.) Barack Obama believes in building a fence along the US-Mexico border. (I personally think we need it because of Terrorism rather then stop Illegal Immigration.)

10.) Barack Obama believes that it was a mistake to attack Iraq in 2003, John McCain doesn't.

11.) Barack Obama believes that we are not safer because of the War in Iraq.

The remarks below are from a September 12, 2007 article titled "Remarks of Senator Barack Obama: Turning the Page in Iraq"

Perhaps the saddest irony of the Administration's cynical use of 9/11 is that the Iraq War has left us less safe than we were before 9/11. Osama bin Ladin and his top lieutenants have rebuilt a new base in Pakistan where they freely train recruits, plot new attacks, and disseminate propaganda. The Taliban is resurgent in Afghanistan. Iran has emerged as the greatest strategic challenge to America in the Middle East in a generation. Violent extremism has increased. Terrorism has increased. All of that is a cost of this war."

12.) Barack Obama believes in setting up a timetable for troop withdrawal in Iraq. John McCain does not and thinks by not doing so that we will automatically be out of Iraq by 2013. (Which happens to be right after the nearest election. :eusa_whistle:)

(Note: I'll post more in a second post since this is way too long.)

Thanks again Silence btw for the link the other day.

that's an interesting theory...I've been a registered democrat since I was 19... I'll be 40 next month.

Trust me when I tell you, I don't lack life experience...it's the fact that I have plenty of life experience that the message of hope and change is so appealing... we've got to be able to do better than we have in the past... otherwise what is the point of it all?

you're quite welcome Robert! If you had never revealed you were 17 I don't think anyone would've guessed it...

It's interesting to see how someone who has their whole life ahead of them sees this country. You've yet to get into teh world of jobs or even college....

it must be terrifying to have to sit back and watch all this around you knowing that you really have no voice in this whole process yet....

I want you to know that I'm voting for YOUR future...for my daughter's future and for the future of all the kids who don't even realize yet how much they need my vote.

:iagree: with what you said above completely.

It is a bit terrifying to see some of the people who have the ability to vote who are making decisions that really affect my future and generation more then anything.

And to your last paragraph, thank you for that.

I want to be able to have a future. With John McCain, I honestly do believe that I will be serving in another country in 5 years because of a draft because of all the wars he and Mrs. Palin will be getting us into.

Thanks again for the link and look for the post above mine.

Now going to post part 2 of that.

13.) Barack Obama believes that there should be an independent Palestinian state.

14.) Barack Obama believes that Medical Marijuana is a medical option, John McCain doesn't.

Interestingly enough:

$35 billion this year so far has been spent on "The War on Drugs" by the state/federal level combined.

The War on Drugs has been going on since 1971 when started by Richard Nixon.

Taxpayers in California would save $1 billion a year instead of trying to get rid of Pot and Prosecute Pot users. Pot is the #1 cash crop in the state of California, Grapes is #2.

We'd also make billions of dollars a year by taxing it.

Just thought some of you might find that interesting.

15.) Barack Obama believes openly Gay people should be able to serve in the US Military.

That means the "Don't ask/Don't Policy" would be repealed. John McCain believes it should stay.

16.) Barack Obama is against Social Security being privatized, John McCain is for it.

17.) Barack Obama is against the Bush Tax Cuts. John McCain WAS against them, then for them, then against them, now he is for them.

18.) Barack Obama believes telecommunication companies should not receive immunity for allowing the government to conduct past warrantless wiretaps.

A June 21, 2008 article titled "Obama: I'll Fight To Strip Telecom Immunity From FISA"

Given the legitimate threats we face, providing effective intelligence collection tools with appropriate safeguards is too important to delay. So I support the compromise, but do so with a firm pledge that as president, I will carefully monitor the program.

[The bill] does, however, grant retroactive immunity, and I will work in the Senate to remove this provision so that we can seek full accountability for past offenses."

19.) Barack Obama believes Abortion should remain a legal option in America. John McCain doesn't, and Sarah Palin doesn't even more then him.

(Oh and Abortion is a major issue that John McCain has flip flopped on.)

That's only several reasons, without even going into more issues and things like Change, Hope,etc.

Most of those things I named, John McCain is on the opposite side of the issue for.

Do I need anymore reason as to why I want to vote for Barack Obama if I could?

Here are SIXTY ONE (61) flip flops by John McCain alone:

http://www.alternet.org/election08/90956/?page=entire

Last edited:
Four years from now, I will be voting Democrat.

If it makes you that angry, then maybe it will hopefully keep you up at night.

:rofl:

It won't keep me up at night...:eusa_whistle:
Maybe 4 years of researching will show you the folly of your thinking. I will say this though at 17 you sure do have a firm grasp on the lunacy of the democratic party. Have you heard of income redistribution? How do you feel having 30 percent of your paycheck being used to feed, clothe and shelter someone who doesn't feel like working? How do you feel about having a ton of money being withheld from your paycheck for your retirement? When in fact there will be no money left for your retirement. These are all great programs that liberals have brought us, like I said life experience will do you good.

Rising unemployment, rising gas prices, record foreclosures, record trade deficit, the Big Three on the verge of bankrupcy, $700 billion dollars wasted on Iraq, and a $500 billion dollar budget deficit.

It doesn't take much "life experience" to grasp a fuckup when you see it. Vote Obama/Biden on November 4th.

It won't keep me up at night...:eusa_whistle:
Maybe 4 years of researching will show you the folly of your thinking. I will say this though at 17 you sure do have a firm grasp on the lunacy of the democratic party. Have you heard of income redistribution? How do you feel having 30 percent of your paycheck being used to feed, clothe and shelter someone who doesn't feel like working? How do you feel about having a ton of money being withheld from your paycheck for your retirement? When in fact there will be no money left for your retirement. These are all great programs that liberals have brought us, like I said life experience will do you good.

Sure some of these systems are abused but all systems have that.

What is the Republicans offering me? Tax cuts for the rich that will supposedly trickle down to me?

If I recall, the Republicans are proud that there have been only two Democrat presidents since 1969.

Do tell me you notice the pattern that the economy is better when we've had those two Democratic Presidents then the Republicans?

It isn't odd to me to see that more people lose their jobs, homes, and everything else under a Republican President.

The Great Depression of 1929 and the 1930's was started by a Republican President. It took a Democrat in FDR to end it.

This current recession was started by Dubya. It's going to take a Democrat to end it.

Rising unemployment, rising gas prices, record foreclosures, record trade deficit, the Big Three on the verge of bankrupcy, $700 billion dollars wasted on Iraq, and a $500 billion dollar budget deficit.

It doesn't take much "life experience" to grasp a fuckup when you see it. Vote Obama/Biden on November 4th.

Rising gas prices is a direct result of the Democratic opposition to America producing more oil domestically. They would rather have a trade deficit and send over 700 billion dollars to hostile governments. What would be the effect of an extra 700 billion dollars to this economy? Some people enjoy their freedoms and don't enjoy having their airplane hijacked.

Sure some of these systems are abused but all systems have that.

What is the Republicans offering me? Tax cuts for the rich that will supposedly trickle down to me?
If I recall, the Republicans are proud that there have been only two Democrat presidents since 1969.

Do tell me you notice the pattern that the economy is better when we've had those two Democratic Presidents then the Republicans?

It isn't odd to me to see that more people lose their jobs, homes, and everything else under a Republican President.

The Great Depression of 1929 and the 1930's was started by a Republican President. It took a Democrat in FDR to end it.

This current recession was started by Dubya. It's going to take a Democrat to end it.

Under the Bush tax cuts the rich's tax burden increased, that's just a democratic talking point junior.
Republican or Democratic presidents don't control the budget. Why is it that we have a record high deficit when Democrats control the country's purse strings?

Record foreclosures? Buy a fucking house you can afford.

Shattered, let me explain a simple concept to you.

Back in 2001 and before that, several families in the middle class bought houses for say 10.

At one point, those houses were worth 20+. (So their value doubled.)

Now however, most of those houses are worth 7 and below.

Meanwhile, the cost of living has raised from say 10 to 15. But the average worker's salary has went from 12 to maybe 13 at the most.

People can't keep up with the cost of living because everything is getting more expensive.

The people who are losing their homes now didn't buy houses they couldn't afford. They could afford them, but this current economy changed that.

In fact, the typical US worker must earn $15.37 an hour if they dedicate 30% of their income to housing costs.

According to the figures, the richest one percent reported 22 percent of the nation's total adjusted gross income in 2006. That is up from 21.2 percent a year earlier, and it is the highest in the 19 years that the IRS has kept strictly comparable figures. The 1988 level was 15.2 percent. Earlier IRS data show the last year the share of income belonging to the top one percent was at such a high level as it was in 2006 was in 1929, but changes in measuring income make a precise comparison difficult." Jesse Drucker, "Richest Americans See Their Income Share Grow," Wall Street Journal, July 23, 2008, page A3.

3. 1n 1965, CEOs in major companies made 24 times more than the average worker. In 1980, CEOs made 40 times more than the average worker. In 2007, CEOs earned how many times more than the average worker?

A: Today's average CEO from a Fortune 500 company makes 364 times an average worker's pay and over 70 times the pay of a four-star Army general. Executive Excess 2007, page 7, jointly published by Institute for Policy Studies and United for Fair Economy, August 29, 2007. The 1965 numbers from State of Working America 2004-2005, Economic Policy Institute.

t r u t h o u t | Twenty Questions: Social Justice Quiz 2008

Under the Bush tax cuts the rich's tax burden increased, that's just a democratic talking point junior.
Republican or Democratic presidents don't control the budget. Why is it that we have a record high deficit when Democrats control the country's purse strings?

If your talking about Congress, Bush and Co controlled Congress until 2006.

Even now, the Democrats only have a one person lead and that's if Joe Lieberman doesn't side with the republicans. How can you get much done if the other side just stonewalls time after time?

If the democrats get enough this election to make it so they can pass votes without the Republicans stone walling them each time and continue to fuck up then I blame them.

Until then? Stop trying to spread that GOP talking point and myth.

If your talking about Congress, Bush and Co controlled Congress until 2006.

Even now, the Democrats only have a one person lead and that's if Joe Lieberman doesn't side with the republicans. How can you get much done if the other side just stonewalls time after time?

If the democrats get enough this election to make it so they can pass votes without the Republicans stone walling them each time and continue to fuck up then I blame them.

Until then? Stop trying to spread that GOP talking point and myth.

Come on junior, how about those tax cuts for the rich?
There is record deficits now, Democrats control Congress.

Come on junior, how about those tax cuts for the rich?
There is record deficits now, Democrats control Congress.

*Thinks for a moment*

Ohh so your ignoring all my points and just parroting the same thing. I see now.

Democrats barely have a lead in congress. They don't control it until perhaps this November.

Forum List

Back