Palin's tell all book

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
You know, I wasn't surprised when I heard about a book being written by Sarah a few months ago. I knew some company out there was greedy enough to exploit her... but I didn't know who. I didn't really care.

Now I do.

Seems as though the book publisher that's financing her book? HarperCollins owned by none other than....

NEWSCORP! i.e. FoxNews, the NYPost, WSJ, etc. etc. I.E. Murdoch's insane right-wing ideological publishing company.

Palin's a fucking fraud! I'd love to see a REAL publisher, WITHOUT political motiviations behind it, sign her to a multi-million dollar book deal.

Why would they pass up a sure thing? They know there are certain people that will wait in line to buy her book, and it will make them money too.

It's a business, how do you think Ole' Rupurt got so rich?

If you don't want to read it, don't buy it DavidS!

I thought Harper was a good imprint. I have lots of their stuff.

And it is not as if it could almost be construed as a bribe, as was the gossip about the Hillary book. How big is the advance? Does she get some sort of weird royalty? Harper thinks they can make some money off of her. More power to them.

You know, I wasn't surprised when I heard about a book being written by Sarah a few months ago. I knew some company out there was greedy enough to exploit her... but I didn't know who. I didn't really care.

Now I do.

Seems as though the book publisher that's financing her book? HarperCollins owned by none other than....

NEWSCORP! i.e. FoxNews, the NYPost, WSJ, etc. etc. I.E. Murdoch's insane right-wing ideological publishing company.

Palin's a fucking fraud! I'd love to see a REAL publisher, WITHOUT political motiviations behind it, sign her to a multi-million dollar book deal.
yeah, murdoch is such a right winger
he supported Hillary in the primaries and then endorsed Obama in the general
:lol:
david you are such a moron

Now I do.

yeah, murdoch is such a right winger
he supported Hillary in the primaries and then endorsed Obama in the general
:lol:
david you are such a moron

Murdoch did not support Obama in the general and Anne Coulter supported Hillary in the primaries as well... what does THAT say??

Why would they pass up a sure thing? They know there are certain people that will wait in line to buy her book, and it will make them money too.

It's a business, how do you think Ole' Rupurt got so rich?

If you don't want to read it, don't buy it DavidS!

David is obsessed with Sarah Palin. He will buy the book for sure.

i will be so glad with the gop if finished with palin...and they will be before the next election....she is merely their "barbie doll" for gop males and fools....i dont give a flying fuck what is in her book..which i hope is ghost written...as i am sure it will be...her book will be more fictional than the harry potter series...with a lot less magic to it

Now I do.

Palin's a fucking fraud! I'd love to see a REAL publisher, WITHOUT political motiviations behind it, sign her to a multi-million dollar book deal.[/QUOTE]

McClellan: Publisher Using Me Unwittingly to Sell Books
by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace

2008-05-28) — Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan, who claims in a new book that Bush administration officials used him to promote the president’s policies and to defend top officials, today said he suspects he’s being used unwittingly by his publisher to pass along information “just to sell books.”

“I’m afraid I’ve become the innocent accomplice to another propaganda effort,” said Mr. McClellan. “It turns out that my publisher is engaged in a highly-choreographed campaign to move books through distribution points in cities throughout the country, as well as through internet portals.”

The author of What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington’s Culture of Deception, said that during visits to his publisher’s headquarters he has seen editors and marketing people stepping into offices for “mysterious private conversations as if they were plotting something.”

“I’m concerned,” said Mr. McClellan, “that, like Bush, I may have engaged in self-deception and convinced myself to believe what suits my needs at the moment — mostly my need to convert my undistinguished White House tenure into an endless stream of cash.”

Mr. McClellan said he plans to “ask a lot of questions and get to the bottom of this, as soon as the checks all clear
McClellan: Publisher Using Me Unwittingly to Sell Books

Now I do.

Oh no, a right-wing conspiracy!! Settle down, Francis.:lol:

I don't think it has political motivations. I think it is all about money.

She has a significant, and if her supporters on USMB are anything to go by, rabid following. That's a pretty big, and lucrative, market.

BTW, HarperCollins is (or was?) Michael Moore's publisher. Its all about money, not politics. HarperCollins exists to make money.

Murdoch did not support Obama in the general
He definitely did. He endorsed Obama. When asked about this, he said, "Yeah. He is a rock star. It's fantastic. I love what he is saying about education. I don't think he will win Florida... but he will win in Ohio and the election. I am anxious to meet him. I want to see if he will walk the walk."

Here was his assessment of McCain: "McCain is a friend of mine. He's a patriot. But he's unpredictable. Doesn't seem to know much about the economy. He has been in Congress a long time, and you have to make a lot of compromises. So what's he really stand for?... I think he has a lot of problems."

This was all in May of 08.

Sounds like a real "right-wing nutcase" there, doesn't he?

Incredible, she scares one and the other can't get past her legs. Yet both of them play right into the game that Palin is dishing up. She used a couple very simple communication skills (which most all of us hold) and she wrapped up 10's of millions of people. As these idiots piss and moan yet never hit on her real game.

If Obama can get elected president, then in some fashion (not sure which) then Palin will, if she so chooses, effect national politics, in some fashion and it won't be by getting a big headline once in a while, as she just did.

So Palin is writing a book. Is this supposed to be some conspiracy? What's wrong with writing a book? Barack Obama allegedly wrote two. So what? Why shouldnt they?

Do you honestly think there is a publisher who wouldnt want to print and obvious money maker?

i will be so glad with the gop if finished with palin...and they will be before the next election....she is merely their "barbie doll" for gop males and fools....i dont give a flying fuck what is in her book..which i hope is ghost written...as i am sure it will be...her book will be more fictional than the harry potter series...with a lot less magic to it

another obsessed one chimes in! :eusa_whistle:

He definitely did. He endorsed Obama. When asked about this, he said, "Yeah. He is a rock star. It's fantastic. I love what he is saying about education. I don't think he will win Florida... but he will win in Ohio and the election. I am anxious to meet him. I want to see if he will walk the walk."

Here was his assessment of McCain: "McCain is a friend of mine. He's a patriot. But he's unpredictable. Doesn't seem to know much about the economy. He has been in Congress a long time, and you have to make a lot of compromises. So what's he really stand for?... I think he has a lot of problems."

He did not endorse Obama, he said in that interview he thought Obama was the favorite to win and he supported his education policy, but in other interviews he said the election of Obama would worsen financial crisis, and also stated Obama's policies are dangerous. So he definitely was not an Obama supporter. The interview you quoted received so much attention because of that fact it hinted at supporting Obama, but the fact is Murdoch did over 30 interviews after that one and all were highly critical of Obama and his policies, in fact weeks out from election day he was warning Americans that Obama policies were dangerous.

He did not endorse Obama
He did endorse Obama. The editorial in the NY Post endorsing Obama was the doing of Murdoch. That's what the reporter asked him. And he answered. The HuffPuff even reported on it.

Hilary Rosen: Rupert Murdoch Says Obama Will Win

Sounds like a glowing endorsement of Obama to me, and a pooh-poohing of McCain.

He did not endorse Obama
He did endorse Obama. The editorial in the NY Post endorsing Obama was the doing of Murdoch. That's what the reporter asked him. And he answered. The HuffPuff even reported on it.

No, it was reported that it almost sounded like an endorsement. He only said Obama will win, he said McCain was in trouble, in no way did he ever say he endorses Obama.

Predicting a winner and endorsing someone are two different things.

Last edited:

He did not endorse Obama

Here's some more for you

Charles Warner: Murdoch's NY Post's Strategic Obama Endorsement

Barack Obama’s Unlikely Supporter Rupert 'Fox News' Murdoch: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance

Murdoch endorses 'rock star' Obama

Forum List

Back