Palins Out - The Bookies Have Spoken

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Sept. 2 (Bloomberg) -- The smart money thinks there's a better chance today than yesterday that John McCain will dump Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Before the Republican senator's presidential campaign disclosed the pregnancy of Palin's 17-year-old daughter, bookmakers in Britain and Ireland were offering 20-1 odds or higher on a bet that she would be forced off the ticket, meaning a 1 pound ($1.78) bet would pay 20 pounds. Now that same bet will pay no more than 8 pounds.

``While it is rare that a VP candidate gets dropped, it's not completely impossible,'' said Ken Robertson, political betting analyst at Paddy Power Plc, a Dublin-based gambling company. ``Lots of our punters are betting `Shocking' Sarah's days are numbered,'' he added, using a nickname he came up with for the first-term Alaska governor.

She doesn't know the territory despite what Cindy said about her foreign experience being in that Alaska is so close to Russia.:cuckoo:

He will have to pick another woman now, but hopefully one who has real experience. I can fire a rifle too, but that don't make me VP material. And I can hit the bullseye too.:lol:

McCain More Likely to Drop Palin, Bookmakers Say - Yahoo! News

Well, I certainly wouldn't expect McCain to stubbornly stick to his principles or anything when the good of the republican party is at stake. :eusa_whistle:

I seriously doubt the old man will throw Palin overboard. That would be a disaster for the GOP, and would show the old man is prone to making rushed and impulsive judgments and decisions.

I don't know. I heard a couple of teens at the mall last night talking about how parents don't actually expect kids to abstain from sex.

Pretty damn funny.

She doesn't know the territory despite what Cindy said about her foreign experience being in that Alaska is so close to Russia.:cuckoo:

He will have to pick another woman now, but hopefully one who has real experience. I can fire a rifle too, but that don't make me VP material. And I can hit the bullseye too.:lol:

Not a chance at this point, unless the GOP wants to lose the ENTIRE woman vote. I'd love to see it happen, but she's speaking tonight and the women who only vote because of plumbing are FIRED up. Hope you are right though. It would be great.

This whole nut-bag theory assumes, of course, that McCain didn't know anything about these issues that the nuts are whining about, or that he did and underestimated the volume of the whining, or that he gives a shit about lefties whining at all. :lol:

Really a stupid fucking response about losing in Iraq. So typical of some of your side who have been spoken to by divine authorities. What an asshole. I guess now if we are against the right we are for the terrorists? Shithead.:eusa_liar:

This whole nut-bag theory assumes, of course, that McCain didn't know anything about these issues that the nuts are whining about, or that he did and underestimated the volume of the whining, or that he gives a shit about lefties whining at all.

Like John McCAin hasn't said or done anything stupid so far?:cuckoo:

Really a stupid fucking response about losing in Iraq. So typical of some of your side who have been spoken to by divine authorities. What an asshole. I guess now if we are against the right we are for the terrorists? Shithead.:eusa_liar:

Like John McCAin hasn't said or done anything stupid so far?:cuckoo:
I love this passive aggressive tactic of commenting on but not referring directly to me. Then add in a Straw Man for good measure. Did they teach you that in the Corps or did you become a whiny liberal later in life? :badgrin:

Really a stupid fucking response about losing in Iraq.

You have to admit, the left is invested in defeat in Iraq. The leaders of the Democratic Party in the Senate and the House repeated over and over and over "This War is Lost".

Last edited:
You have to admit, the left is invested in defeat in Iraq. The leaders of the Democratic Party in the Senate and the House repeated over and over and over "This War is Lost".

No dumb shit. We are invested in getting out sooner rather than later. Nothing more will be accomplished if we stay until 2015 idiot.

Other than we'll go bankrupt via Haloburton, Blackwater and Exxon.

You fucking lost the war in Iraq pussy! Your party.

And you have given up in Afganistan. We don't want to come home. We want to go get enemy number one. You know, the guy that Bush doesn't think that much about.

And Pakistan/Afganistan is the god damn central front on the war on terror, you brainwashed douche.

Sometimes I have to swear because it is the only way I can let you know how i'm feeling. YOu are the typical dumb american voter. I don't even hate the politicians anymore. They are smart. They know how to pander to dumb fucks like you.

You doing so great in this economy? How so? Do you have a 401K? Do you buy groceries or gas? Do you own a home? I bet you bought a home just recently for cheap and you just got out of college.

But even those kids are voting for Obama. No, you are probably an old dumb schmuck. Let me know. What's your bio? Are you rich? I doubt it.

Rule #1 with Liberal Whack-Jobs: Never, ever, admit that you are wrong. :lol:

Obama was right about Iraq before the war started and everything he said is exactly what Bush is doing now.

You need to read this:

ThomHartmann.com - The Republican Plan For 2008 Begins Today

The political calculus being pursued by Karl Rove and the Republican Party with regard to Iraq and the 2008 elections is a simple four-step process:

1. Shift “ownership” of the downside of the “war” and occupation of Iraq to the Democrats.

2. Begin to wind down American involvement in the occupation of Iraq no later than mid-2008.

3. “Claim victory and get out” of direct combat in Iraq by the early fall of 2008.

4. Win big in the 2008 elections by having “won” a “war.”

I seriously doubt the old man will throw Palin overboard. That would be a disaster for the GOP, and would show the old man is prone to making rushed and impulsive judgments and decisions.

Throwing her out would not be a rushed decision, she is a hold in the boat and will sink the whole party.

McCain make a "rushed" decision when he predicted before anyone else that insufficient troops were in Iraq ... and he was right.

Nothing wrong with taking bold decisions ... but that also means accepting when the decisions are a disaster.

Palin is a disaster, she needs to go, she destroyed the reputation and livelihood of a completely innocent third party who refused her attempts to illegally manipulate the courts to favor her sister in a contentious divorce.

No dumb shit. We are invested in getting out sooner rather than later. Nothing more will be accomplished if we stay until 2015 idiot.

Other than we'll go bankrupt via Haloburton, Blackwater and Exxon.

You fucking lost the war in Iraq pussy! Your party.

And you have given up in Afganistan. We don't want to come home. We want to go get enemy number one. You know, the guy that Bush doesn't think that much about.

And Pakistan/Afganistan is the god damn central front on the war on terror, you brainwashed douche.

Sometimes I have to swear because it is the only way I can let you know how i'm feeling. YOu are the typical dumb american voter. I don't even hate the politicians anymore. They are smart. They know how to pander to dumb fucks like you.

You doing so great in this economy? How so? Do you have a 401K? Do you buy groceries or gas? Do you own a home? I bet you bought a home just recently for cheap and you just got out of college.

But even those kids are voting for Obama. No, you are probably an old dumb schmuck. Let me know. What's your bio? Are you rich? I doubt it.

No, I'm not rich. I'm 36. No, I didn't just buy a home for cheap. Yes, I own my home. No, I didn't go to college, I volunteered for service in the Army during the first Gulf War instead. I served honorably for 8 years as an enlisted nobody. Now I work for myself, I own a trucking company. Anything else you'd like to know, like my hat size or how tall I am. Maybe I can describe my perfect sundae a la Hott Fuzz. I can sum it up for you. In the grand scheme of things I am nobody.

We can negotiate my cut of the royalties when you've finished my "unauthorized biography".

Now you tell me what you've done to serve you country....not including sitting in your EZ chair whinning about how you could run the world better.

Notice, I have failed to call you a single name.

Last edited:
Rule #1 with Liberal Whack-Jobs: Never, ever, admit that you are wrong.

What a stupid partisan remark. Like the conservative wack jobs admit they are wrong?

PLease, if you are going to post, don't waste font.

People forget that right after 9/11, it was Biden who said we really needed to pressure Pakistan. Best line of Obama's speech was the line about Bin Laden's cave, it's true. Bush had a C-130 over Pakistan ready to capture Bin Laden, but wanted them to back off because he was concerned it might upset Musharraf. Republicans are really defending us on nat'l security, guy kills 3,000 Americans but gets off because we're afraid to offend some third rate dictator who took power in a coup.

He should have picked Olympia Snowe.

However I expect that selecting a woman with her long standing creditentials as a stand up honest Republican, and her personal strength and integrity would have been asking too much of the man who has abandoned most of his former ethical positions about policies in order to cozy up to the NeoCons who seem to dominate the GOP, today.

Forum List

Back