Palin's Katie Couric moment, agin.

Shows you how much she doesn't know. Washington never wanted to be President. He was drafted as the only person that the rest of them could agree on. He couldn't wait to get back to Mount Vernon.

You would do well to learn a bit more about Washington.

Open ambition was regarded very poorly in his time - the view of his reluctance to enter political service is part truth, with equal parts post-era fabrication. Washington was incredibly motivated to better his standing, a pursuit he engaged in with great skill and self-awareness. Federal politics certainly wore him down, and he was quite happy to retreat back to Mount Vernon after serving two terms as our first president - but even then he kept himself informed of events and gave counsel whether it was asked for or not.

Start your long overdue studies on Washington with D.S. Freeman's very comprehensive Washington. - it is the definitive account of perhaps the greatest of our Founders - and the greatest of our presidents.

Good luck!

I think I know way more than you do.........that's not saying much......just call me self-deprecating.

You really should read the book to evolve beyond the simple myth of Washington and get to his humanity - therein lies his true power - and Americanism.

His is a remarkable story.

D.S Freeman's Washington - go check it out.

Once you finish it, I will get you on the right path to learning about some of the other Founders.

Good luck!

Glen Beck...GLEN BECK asked her a "gotcha" question I guess.

He asked her who her favorite fouding father was...her response, AGAIN....

"All of them."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin’s favorite founding father « - Blogs from CNN.com

Wow. Get the feeling she didnt prepare for that book report?

Oh yeah, we fear her

Who's your favorite founding father?

I never thought of it myself.

Better yet...

Has anyone ever heard Reid, Pelosi or Obama refer to the founding fathers?

So your saying it was a gotcha question?

Remind me again, what political office does Sarah Palin hold?

None thank goodness. Doesn't stop her from being a huge attention whore though. It doesn't matter to her what people are saying as long as her name continues to be mentioned.

None thank goodness. Doesn't stop her from being a huge attention whore though. It doesn't matter to her what people are saying as long as her name continues to be mentioned.

The only people that ever mention her here are Democrats and liberals. Every thread about her is about how stupid she is. The really stupid ones are the people starting these Palin threads. :lol:

One obvious fact that Palin has overlooked is that there wasn't any pay involved in being elected to office at the time......all of those people were otherwise engaged and spent their time on the "great project" on a volunteer basis anyway. Paul Revere was a smith, Thomas Johnson was a lawyer who along with his brothers also made cannonballs, Thomas Jefferson was a serious farmer/botanist, Washington was a surveyor and a farmer, L'Enfant was a civil engineer and architect, Franklin was into too many things to count, Paine was a writer and activist, Roger Brooke Taney and Francis Scott Key were lawyers and farmers......the list is long. Public life was part of their existence, they aren't comparable to modern day politicians.

Who's your favorite founding father?

I never thought of it myself.

Better yet...

Gotcha question? Not at all. It was a great question and a valid answer.

My point was that I have heard no one in the majority or the WH ever talk about the founding fathers.....

Thats all.

Gotcha question?

You really need to get out more.....you really need some air.

So do I. I hope to God she runs. ...you are one of those nuts who really believes Letterman was talking about the other daughter...not the bimbo who got pregnant? You know, that jokes makes so much sense if it was about the younger daughter, right? Wow.

Not me. I did not care which daughter he was referring to.
Either way, he called a teenager a slut.
Sort of like when Imus called teenagers ho's.
Yes, he also said "nappy hair"....but he was just telling the truth about the hair....many of them DID have nappy hair.
What? the truth perhaps but racial regardless?
But Reid said the truth about Negro dialect and light skin and he did nothing wrong?
So that being said...why did the left cry about Imus but not about Letterman?

He called that girl who had a baby out of wedlock and who was basically living with that guy in her mothers house a slut?

Well, thats not exactly a stretch, ya think? She is a slut.

What Reid said was true. If obama was darker and spoke more "street" like, he would not have been elected. Agree? Ask any black person you know, if you can find one. I did. They all said the same thing, Reid was correct. (By the way, what the hell does this have to do with Palin being a dolt?)

So any girl that has sex before getting married is a slut to you?

You are one whacked out person.
No more debating with you.
I do not debate children.

Better yet...

Gotcha question? Not at all. It was a great question and a valid answer.

My point was that I have heard no one in the majority or the WH ever talk about the founding fathers.....

Thats all.

Gotcha question?

You really need to get out more.....you really need some air.

Her initial repsonse was the same she gave Couric...."all of them". Do you not find that interesting? I do.

Box o Rocks. She actually thought Saddam was the cause of 9/11. Dayum.

Not me. I did not care which daughter he was referring to.
Either way, he called a teenager a slut.
Sort of like when Imus called teenagers ho's.
Yes, he also said "nappy hair"....but he was just telling the truth about the hair....many of them DID have nappy hair.
What? the truth perhaps but racial regardless?
But Reid said the truth about Negro dialect and light skin and he did nothing wrong?
So that being said...why did the left cry about Imus but not about Letterman?

He called that girl who had a baby out of wedlock and who was basically living with that guy in her mothers house a slut?

Well, thats not exactly a stretch, ya think? She is a slut.

What Reid said was true. If obama was darker and spoke more "street" like, he would not have been elected. Agree? Ask any black person you know, if you can find one. I did. They all said the same thing, Reid was correct. (By the way, what the hell does this have to do with Palin being a dolt?)

So any girl that has sex before getting married is a slut to you?

You are one whacked out person.
No more debating with you.
I do not debate children.

The irony of a girl who got pregnant and who's mother taught abstinance as a birth control method is amazing.

Its just funny stuff.

One obvious fact that Palin has overlooked is that there wasn't any pay involved in being elected to office at the time......all of those people were otherwise engaged and spent their time on the "great project" on a volunteer basis anyway. Paul Revere was a smith, Thomas Johnson was a lawyer who along with his brothers also made cannonballs, Thomas Jefferson was a serious farmer/botanist, Washington was a surveyor and a farmer, L'Enfant was a civil engineer and architect, Franklin was into too many things to count, Paine was a writer and activist, Roger Brooke Taney and Francis Scott Key were lawyers and farmers......the list is long. Public life was part of their existence, they aren't comparable to modern day politicians.

On that I completely agree!

Quote:
In her debut as a contributor to Fox News Tuesday, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin admitted that leading up to her 2008 vice presidential debate, she thought Iraq may have been behind the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Interviewed by Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly on his show “The O’Reilly Factor,” Palin trashed many of the critical accounts of her candidacy in the new book “Game Change.” But one story from the book that Palin did not say was “made up” or “a lie” was the description of her uncertainty as to whether Iraq had a hand in the planning of the Sept. 11 attacks.

“I did talk a lot to [campaign strategist] Steve Schmidt about the history of the war and where the attackers could have come from,” Palin said of her debate prep during the fall of 2008 — more than five years after the start of the war in Iraq and seven years after the terrorist attacks that hit New York and Washington.

“I do admit to asking questions about that,” she said.

Oh dear god.

Steve Schmidt, the guy who only only now figured out Obama was a Librul? You mean THAT Schmidt?

president-palin-palin-politics-america-republican-demotivational-poster-1240893140.jpg

George Washington was indeed among the great Founders - while he did not possess the rhetorical flourish of say, Franklin, or the foundational grasp of Republic virtues of Jefferson, he was driven by uncommon common sense, devotion to truth, and a willfull belief in the potential of what was being created around them in the form of a new nation. Without Washington, all of the lofty ideals might very well have fallen aside to division and self-promotion. It was Washington whose resolute hand guided those men into the final concluding product that became the United States of America.

Sadly, I fear we are doing a disservice to their great work - having retreated from the principles of freedom, and individual rights, in favor of the agenda-driven false security of Big Government....

wow sinartra, Washington put his pants on just like any other man,all politics aside, did you ever read his accounting methods at valley forge, not much different than any pol today

Indeed!
George Washington was indeed among the great Founders - while he did not possess the rhetorical flourish of say, Franklin, or the foundational grasp of Republic virtues of Jefferson, he was driven by uncommon common sense, devotion to truth, and a willfull belief in the potential of what was being created around them in the form of a new nation. Without Washington, all of the lofty ideals might very well have fallen aside to division and self-promotion. It was Washington whose resolute hand guided those men into the final concluding product that became the United States of America.

Sadly, I fear we are doing a disservice to their great work - having retreated from the principles of freedom, and individual rights, in favor of the agenda-driven false security of Big Government....

The only people that ever mention her here are Democrats and liberals. Every thread about her is about how stupid she is. The really stupid ones are the people starting these Palin threads. :lol:

Uhm no, she really is stupid.

yea and he was still a piss poor accountant, and so was Jefferson

It is their remarkable accomplishments and lasting legacy in light of their own quite human shortcomings that makes the Founders both so impressive, and examples for all blessed to call themselves American...

Uhm no, she really is stupid.

Stupid ?? Let's see.... she is world famous, has a exceptionally high paying job, a great family, and an exciting and interesting life. Meanwhile you, ostensibly the "smart one", are an anonymous person on the internet who nobody has ever heard of. Yeah, she's real stupid....:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back