Palin's Husband Pushed to Get Trooper Fired, Documents Show

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Ruh Roh

anchorage, Alaska -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Remained In The Dark While Her Husband Repeatedly Asked Top State Officials To Help Get His Former Brother-in-law Kicked Off The State Police Force, Palin's Husband And Top Aides Said In Affidavits Provided To The Associated Press.

Palin, The Republican Vice Presidential Nominee, Is The Focus Of A Legislative Investigation Into Whether She Abused Her Authority By Firing The State's Public Safety Commissioner To Settle A Long-standing Family Dispute. The Commissioner Says He Was Fired After Resisting Pressure To Fire Mike Wooten, A Trooper Involved In A Bitter Divorce With Palin's Sister.

The Investigation Has Been A Distraction For John Mccain's Presidential Campaign. Lawmakers Were Scheduled To Meet Friday And Release A Report On The Case, Which Could Shed Light On How Palin Governs And What Role Her Husband Played In Her Administration.

The Affidavits Filed With Investigators Late Wednesday Will Probably Help Palin's Defense That The Firing Was Not A Tit-for-tat, But They Also Portray Her As Uninvolved While Her Husband Met Repeatedly With Her Aides About Family Affairs. That Could Provide Fodder For Her Political Opponents.

"i Have Heard Criticism That I Am Too Involved In My Wife's Administration," Todd Palin Wrote In His Affidavit. "my Wife And I Are Very Close. We Are Each Other's Best Friend. I Have Helped Her In Her Career The Best I Can, And She Has Helped Me."

The Documents, Released On The Same Day The State Supreme Court Heard Arguments In A Lawsuit Designed To Block The Probe, Describe Todd Palin's Extraordinary Level Of Access To A Variety Of The Governor's Top Aides.

He Told Them Emotional Stories About Wooten Threatening And Emotionally Abusing His Family. He Said He Talked To Anyone Who Would Listen. He Gave Them Photos And Documents, Which They Forwarded To Others In The Administration, And He Questioned How Wooten Kept His Job.

Palin's Husband Pushed to Get Trooper Fired, Documents Show - FOXNews.com Elections

Rut Roh? :lol:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Remained In The Dark While Her Husband Repeatedly Asked Top State officials

Wasn't she the "top state official" ? And didn't know about it? :eusa_clap:

How could that have been? Was she out hunting polar bears and wolves, or was she too busy preaching at her church while teaching her daughter about abstinence in her sexual activity. :eusa_eh:

:eusa_eh: I ain't buy'it ... you are? :confused:

Last edited:
is this like Reagan/Bush with Iran/Contra? I don't recall and it happened without our knowledge?

She's the gov of Alaska and as Todd says, his best friend. We're to believe the he worked secretly behind HER back regarding a man who was married to HER sister?

yeah... is she selling that bridget to nowhere again?

The documents, released on the same day the state Supreme Court heard arguments in a lawsuit designed to block the probe, describe Todd Palin's extraordinary level of access to a variety of the governor's top aides.

He told them emotional stories about Wooten threatening and emotionally abusing his family. He said he talked to anyone who would listen. He gave them photos and documents, which they forwarded to others in the administration, and he questioned how Wooten kept his job.

Even Gov. Palin's special assistant, Ivy Frye, said she was distraught when she was told about the situation.

"I've felt empathy for the Palin and Heath families in having to endure harassment, intimidation, threats and abuse from a former family member," Frye wrote.

But Frye said she never talked about it with the governor or mentioned the idea of asking Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan to fire Wooten.

Monegan says he was fired for not dismissing Wooten, a claim that touched off the politically charged investigation just before McCain chose Palin as his running mate. Palin says she fired Monegan over a budget dispute. The documents filed late Wednesday bolster that claim and also describe an effort by Monegan to wrest control of the department away from Palin.

Todd Palin said he never pressured anyone -- including his wife. In fact, he says that after talking about the matter with her repeatedly, she finally told him to "drop it."

"Anyone who knows Sarah knows she is the governor and she calls the shots," Todd Palin wrote. "I make no apologies for wanting to protect my family and wanting to publicize the injustice of a violent trooper keeping his badge."

Docs show Palin's husband being someone concerned... but nothing showing he pressured or caused anything.. nor do they show Palin herself did anything

Wooten threatening and emotionally abusing his family. He said he talked to anyone who would listen. He gave them photos and documents, which they forwarded to others in the administration, and he questioned how Wooten kept his job.

Even Gov. Palin's special assistant, Ivy Frye, said she was distraught when she was told about the situation.

"I've felt empathy for the Palin and Heath families in having to endure harassment, intimidation, threats and abuse from a former family member," Frye wrote.

But Frye said she never talked about it with the governor or mentioned the idea of asking Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan to fire Wooten.

The documents filed late Wednesday bolster that claim and also describe an effort by Monegan to wrest control of the department away from Palin.

Todd Palin said he never pressured anyone -- including his wife. In fact, he says that after talking about the matter with her repeatedly, she finally told him to "drop it."

"Anyone who knows Sarah knows she is the governor and she calls the shots," Todd Palin wrote. "I make no apologies for wanting to protect my family and wanting to publicize the injustice of a violent trooper keeping his badge."

Docs show Palin's husband being someone concerned... but nothing showing he pressured or caused anything.. nor do they show Palin herself did anything

There's no wrong doing there. Sorry. Wooten is, according to everybody, including himself, an incredible asshole, who was caught drinking in his car and tasered (which he admitted) his own 11 year old kid.

Palin fired his boss because he challenged her. I guess she's his boss. She gets to do that. It's called subordination, and I have no problem whatsoever with it.

And now he's pissed.

Tough shit. He and Wooten can comfort one another, maybe.

In case you missed it, here:

The documents filed late Wednesday bolster that claim and also describe an effort by Monegan to wrest control of the department away from Palin.

If we are suppose to believe that Todd Palin did all this behind Sarah's back then I have a bridge to nowhere to sell some people. Along with a bridge in brooklyn. :badgrin:

Try reading... it may help

In fact, he says that after talking about the matter with her repeatedly, she finally told him to "drop it."

Wow, he said that? The husband of the person under investigation said it wasn't her fault?

Wow, then it must be true.

Hey...guess what? OJ said he was innocent. Man, I don't know why he was ever charged after that obviously clearing of guilt.

Wow, he said that? The husband of the person under investigation said it wasn't her fault?

Wow, then it must be true.

Hey...guess what? OJ said he was innocent. Man, I don't know why he was ever charged after that obviously clearing of guilt.

Oh, I guess you missed this:

I think it is also pretty safe to assume that since it was a family situation.. they did talk about it...

It was R.S.'s assertion, in a snide way, that others were asserting that this is something Palin knew nothing about or that this batch of information is a way for Palin supporters to say that Palin had no knowledge or insight... it is clearly not the case and it is clearly not the defense being used..

This has been gone over SO many times... and the evidence supports Palin's assertions of why the firing took place...

Oh, I guess you missed this:

I didn't miss it. I saw accurately that it had no bearing, whatsoever, on the statement me and DiamondDave were discussing made from Todd Palin

But nice try. Maybe one of these days you'll get it right.

Sounds to me like she did the right thing.

Sounds to me like you.:badgrin:

We will just have to wait and see what come out of this.

But besides this issue, she is a dangerous hate monger.

Oh, I forgot, it's okay in America to get a crowd yelling "kill him" when you are dissing a dirty muslim lover like Obama.

Watch her body language. She really enjoys this onstage shit. She makes her little digs, and then waits for the crowds approval.

Hopefully her disgraceful behavior will help end her poilitical career.

Sorry, but in this country we don't call for the death of our opponents.

She didn't get a crowd to yell "kill him". That is, in and of itself, hate mongering. You know she didn't do it..and yet you will spread that lie.

I didn't miss it. I saw accurately that it had no bearing, whatsoever, on the statement me and DiamondDave were discussing made from Todd Palin

But nice try. Maybe one of these days you'll get it right.

I get it right almost every single time.

Forum List

Back