Palin's hockey rink screwup

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Palin's Hockey Rink Leads
To Legal Trouble in Town She Led
By MICHAEL M. PHILLIPS
September 6, 2008

WASILLA, Alaska -- The biggest project that Sarah Palin undertook as mayor of this small town was an indoor sports complex, where locals played hockey, soccer, and basketball, especially during the long, dark Alaskan winters.

The only catch was that the city began building roads and installing utilities for the project before it had unchallenged title to the land. The misstep led to years of litigation and at least $1.3 million in extra costs for a small municipality with a small budget. What was to be Ms. Palin's legacy has turned into a financial mess that continues to plague Wasilla.

"It's too bad that the city of Wasilla didn't do their homework and secure the land before they began construction," said Kathy Wells, a longtime activist here. "She was not your ceremonial mayor; she was in charge of running the city. So it was her job to make sure things were done correctly."

Palin's Hockey Rink Leads To Legal Trouble in Town She Led - WSJ.com

By MICHAEL M. PHILLIPS
September 6, 2008

WASILLA, Alaska -- The biggest project that Sarah Palin undertook as mayor of this small town was an indoor sports complex, where locals played hockey, soccer, and basketball, especially during the long, dark Alaskan winters.

The only catch was that the city began building roads and installing utilities for the project before it had unchallenged title to the land. The misstep led to years of litigation and at least $1.3 million in extra costs for a small municipality with a small budget. What was to be Ms. Palin's legacy has turned into a financial mess that continues to plague Wasilla.

"It's too bad that the city of Wasilla didn't do their homework and secure the land before they began construction," said Kathy Wells, a longtime activist here. "She was not your ceremonial mayor; she was in charge of running the city. So it was her job to make sure things were done correctly."

String her up, Kirk !

By MICHAEL M. PHILLIPS
September 6, 2008

So, she can't do this right, but she should be VP:badgrin: The Repub's are hilarious

FIGHT WITH ME! FIGHT WITH ME! PLEASE VOTE FOR ME:lol:

She running on how well she did in Wasilla, yet she screwed up the biggest responsibility she had because she did not pay enough attention to details.

Likewise as governor she is under investigation for abuse of power, and may be indicted in October.

Great choice, Mr. McCain.

She running on how well she did in Wasilla, yet she screwed up the biggest responsibility she had because she did not pay enough attention to details.

Likewise as governor she is under investigation for abuse of power, and may be indicted in October.

Great choice, Mr. McCain.

hmm I think that's 9,999,999,999 times you said that --go for it Kirk--one more time and you get two free weeks at a tanning salon !

hmm I think that's 9,999,999,999 times you said that --go for it Kirk--one more time and you get two free weeks at a tanning salon !

I can hardly wait till Palin and McCain have to answer questions unscripted.

It is going to be great.

Forum List

Back