Palin's Final Insult

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
It wasn’t enough to quit on Alaska mid-term. Sarah Palin’s strange exit strategy could cost the state hundreds of thousands of dollars as it tries to sort out the mess she left behind.

img-bs-top---blumenthal-palin_205242196189.jpg

Since her sudden resignation from the Alaskan governor’s office on July 3, Sarah Palin has created a constitutional crisis that could cost state legislators hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayers' money to resolve. Palin appointed Lt. Governor Sean Parnell to succeed her, and tapped Lt. Gen. Craig Campbell, the commissioner of the Alaskan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, to fill Parnell’s post. However, the state legislature had already chosen someone to succeed Parnell in case of an emergency: State Corrections Commissioner Joe Schmidt. To resolve the conflict Palin created, the legislature will almost certainly have to call a special session, an event that could require at least $200,000 to administer.

The legislative sources heaped scorn on Palin for saddling them with a new and potentially expensive crisis while she made plans to pursue lucre and celebrity in the lower 48.

“Honestly, Sarah’s resignation was complete bullshit and I’m saying that as a Republican,” a Republican political veteran working in the legislature told me. “In all my years in politics, nobody has left Alaska in such a mess. Everyone here is just shocked.” The Republican added, “There’s no choice but to hold a special session. The conflict has to be handled in an orderly way.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-07-12/palins-final-insult/?cid=hp:mostpopular1

How about you just worry about it after the recess is over. Is there any reason it has to be figured out this second? I mean is someone planning to kill the next Governor or something?

Libs will live to regret that they wouldn't leave Palin alone.

You stupid fucks have no one but yourselves to blame.

She lost, was ridiculed and despised by the LMSM, but instead of letting her go quietly back to Alaska you kept swatting the Palin beehive like it was a pinata.

Sarah M1A2 Palin is now on the Open Road and taking shots at your command and control.

Better go find Tina Fey because she was your best weapon and I'm going to love watching Sarah toast her with a single quip

Last edited:
It wasn’t enough to quit on Alaska mid-term. Sarah Palin’s strange exit strategy could cost the state hundreds of thousands of dollars as it tries to sort out the mess she left behind.

Since her sudden resignation from the Alaskan governor’s office on July 3, Sarah Palin has created a constitutional crisis that could cost state legislators hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayers' money to resolve. Palin appointed Lt. Governor Sean Parnell to succeed her, and tapped Lt. Gen. Craig Campbell, the commissioner of the Alaskan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, to fill Parnell’s post. However, the state legislature had already chosen someone to succeed Parnell in case of an emergency: State Corrections Commissioner Joe Schmidt. To resolve the conflict Palin created, the legislature will almost certainly have to call a special session, an event that could require at least $200,000 to administer.

The legislative sources heaped scorn on Palin for saddling them with a new and potentially expensive crisis while she made plans to pursue lucre and celebrity in the lower 48.

“Honestly, Sarah’s resignation was complete bullshit and I’m saying that as a Republican,” a Republican political veteran working in the legislature told me. “In all my years in politics, nobody has left Alaska in such a mess. Everyone here is just shocked.” The Republican added, “There’s no choice but to hold a special session. The conflict has to be handled in an orderly way.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-07-12/palins-final-insult/?cid=hp:mostpopular1

Anything to distract from that disaster you clowns call a stimulus plan eh ?......:eusa_whistle:

You know, I really liked Sarah Palin alot and I thought she had a lot of potential. To me, she truly was a breath of fresh air because she wasn't singing the same old song and dance as everybody else. True, not a lot of experience on the world scene but Obama didn't (and still doesn't) either. She made Biden look like an even bigger clown than what he is. I was greatly disappointed when she stepped down because to me it's beginning to sound like "I'll just take my ball and go home and stop playing." I hope for her political future she has some really wild political move up her sleeve but if she doesn't it's all over for her. At this point I'm gun shy and would be afraid to vote for her.

How much did Mr Obama's exit strategy from Illinois cost that state?
A different situation to be sure, since he won the presidency, but why didn't the press comment on the cost of having that senate seat filled, and the cost involved with all the corruption surrounding the filling of that seat?
What about the costs associated with Mr Blagojevich's handling of that situation? (Not Mr Obama's fault) But why did the press not make a big deal out of those costs?

How much did Mr Obama's exit strategy from Illinois cost that state?
A different situation to be sure, since he won the presidency, but why didn't the press comment on the cost of having that senate seat filled, and the cost involved with all the corruption surrounding the filling of that seat?
What about the costs associated with Mr Blagojevich's handling of that situation? (Not Mr Obama's fault) But why did the press not make a big deal out of those costs?

Because that would be racist to bring up such a thing ......... :eusa_whistle:

What bullshit...

If a vacancy occurs in the office of governor and the regularly elected lieutenant governor succeeds to the office of governor as provided by art. III, Sec. 11, of the constitution, or if the office of lieutenant governor otherwise becomes vacant, the person designated as next successor to the office of lieutenant governor as provided in AS 44.19.040 succeeds to the office of lieutenant governor for the remainder of the term vacated, or until a special election is held.

So sleep well....its all taken care of, fool

another Palin thread started by another delusional liberal scared shitless that she might still be viable as a candidate

Goodness Lord...

When will the left find a new rightie to hate?

Yea, those damn lefties!

Goodness Lord...

When will the left find a new rightie to hate?

Yea, those damn lefties!

Oh, I see, it's another "unnamed Republican"

I'll bet that was someone on the John McCain Campaign that said it.

Forum List

Back