Palin's bracelet?

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Yale Daily News - Robinson: Palin?s bigger blunder

What has me troubled is a black bracelet firmly clasped around her left wrist.

I hadn’t noticed it until I watched MSNBC’s “Hardball” on Tuesday, but it is a memorial bracelet; something familiar to veterans who have lost friends and family in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I wear one commemorating a friend of mine who died in Baghdad in October of 2006, and I know many other veterans — and some still in the armed forces — who wear these bracelets as a reminder of the sacrifices their friends made on behalf of the units in which they served and the country they swore to protect.

The name on her black memorial bracelet — one, like the gold star, a demonstration of a friend or associate who was killed in action — is that of her oldest son, Track. Track served honorably in Iraq, and both he and his parents should be thanked for his selfless service to his country. He is also alive.

Commemorating Track’s service by wearing a a black memorial bracelet which is reserved for those dead or even a red bracelet for those missing in action, demonstrates a horrifying contempt for those who gave their last full measure of devotion or an almost unbelievable ignorance of the importance of symbols in American history.

I've never heard of this black bracelet, but then again I have no one close to me in the military. Is this truly the meaning of the black bracelet? Or is the author way off?

4337806790_acdbdd241e.jpg

Radio, read the bottom.

Author's Note: In my column in the News Wednesday, I criticized former Alaska governor Sarah Palin for wearing a black memorial bracelet with her son’s name on it, as Track returned unharmed from Iraq last fall. However, Sarah Palin's bracelet was not black; instead, it was a dark brown "DeployedHero" bracelet worn by those who have loved ones currently serving in the military. The bracelet is different from the black one associated with men and women who are killed in action overseas. Recognizing this, I apologize to the governor and to any reader who might have been misled by my piece. I hope that this serves as an important lesson for anyone interested in the importance of these symbols.

Radio, read the bottom.

Author's Note: In my column in the News Wednesday, I criticized former Alaska governor Sarah Palin for wearing a black memorial bracelet with her son’s name on it, as Track returned unharmed from Iraq last fall. However, Sarah Palin's bracelet was not black; instead, it was a dark brown "DeployedHero" bracelet worn by those who have loved ones currently serving in the military. The bracelet is different from the black one associated with men and women who are killed in action overseas. Recognizing this, I apologize to the governor and to any reader who might have been misled by my piece. I hope that this serves as an important lesson for anyone interested in the importance of these symbols.

Well, at least he recognized that he was full of shit and apologized.

Radio, read the bottom.

Interesting... If he had of done his research prior to penning the original article he wouldn't look like such a butthead now. He saw an opportunity to get a slam in on Palin and leaped before he looked. Seems like there is a lot of that going around. I am willing to bet that if someone looked into the toilet bowl before she flushed it there would be a newspaper article out condeming her because her turd wasn't an appropriate color of brown. Whatever happened to honest meaningful journalism?

Yale Daily News - Robinson: Palin?s bigger blunder

What has me troubled is a black bracelet firmly clasped around her left wrist.

I hadn’t noticed it until I watched MSNBC’s “Hardball” on Tuesday, but it is a memorial bracelet; something familiar to veterans who have lost friends and family in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I wear one commemorating a friend of mine who died in Baghdad in October of 2006, and I know many other veterans — and some still in the armed forces — who wear these bracelets as a reminder of the sacrifices their friends made on behalf of the units in which they served and the country they swore to protect.

The name on her black memorial bracelet — one, like the gold star, a demonstration of a friend or associate who was killed in action — is that of her oldest son, Track. Track served honorably in Iraq, and both he and his parents should be thanked for his selfless service to his country. He is also alive.

Commemorating Track’s service by wearing a a black memorial bracelet which is reserved for those dead or even a red bracelet for those missing in action, demonstrates a horrifying contempt for those who gave their last full measure of devotion or an almost unbelievable ignorance of the importance of symbols in American history.

I've never heard of this black bracelet, but then again I have no one close to me in the military. Is this truly the meaning of the black bracelet? Or is the author way off?

4337806790_acdbdd241e.jpg

Oh BROTHER:

:lol::lol::lol: And of course you know that the bracelet is to commorate & honor all who served--not just the ones that lost their lives--don't you?---:lol::lol:

Now we're on Palin's "bracelet"---:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm enjoying these liberal feminists slobering all over this...

Keep going girls....you're only giving her more power.

Forum List

Back