Palin's A Rock Star Now

Democrats hate their own losers and assume Republicans must as well. Even if the Democrat who lost was on the losing ticket as VP, his odds of getting the Democrat Presidential nomination in the future are slim-to-none. That just isn't true in the Republican Party though. It is why Nixon was given another shot at it after losing to Kennedy. And why Kerry's attempt to win the Democrat nomination again was a dumb pipe dream and over before it began. He never had a realistic chance of getting the Democrat nomination again. Just two different attitudes in both parties about those who may have lost a previous election.

McCain lost this election and it is due to Palin that he didn't lose by an even larger margin. Everything fell into place for Democrats and considering the political climate and economic problems, disapproval of Bush etc. - it really should have been a major blow-out for Obama on the scale of Reagan's win. Which means Republicans view Palin's political future much differently from Democrats would have if she were a Democrat.

Palin has lost an election before -and then went on to win an even higher office than the one she lost. And did so by the most difficult way to try and win an election -challenging an incumbent from her own party and taking it for herself. If Palin were a Democrat, her political future really would be at a dead end. But since she isn't -it isn't.

The thing that really got me irked was how she was saying that small town Americans are 'real Americans' and that small towns are what makes America great. How full of yourself do you have to be to make a statement like that?

If you believe those statements you have just lost the right to complain about other people being elitists.

That wasn't an elitist comment. It was a statement regarding the fact that small towns are often overlooked by political candidates, yet make up a sizeable percent of our population, a vital part of our economy, political climate and political outcomes. Most Presidential candidates pander to urban interests during campaigns and their campaign stops are usually in large urban areas -for practical reasons of course, but it is still overlooking a segment of the population. The fact this woman made the effort to reassure small town Americans that not all candidates were overlooking their contributions -was refreshing.

After all, Obama set her up for it when he went out of his way to insult them in California with his "clinging to their religion and guns" bullshit. Now you tell me which statement was actually INTENDED to be an elitist remark.

Interesting which statement you decided to take umbrage over though.

Ya shure........ Hell, that silly broad doesn't know what she meant, just spouting talking points and strutting on the stage.

Silly? LOL She is anything but. Someone with her political history shows she is an extremely talented and skilled politician -and anything but silly. But I have to say Democrats constantly underestimate their political opponents because they end up believing their own stupid propaganda. And then end up being blindsided because the other guy really wasn't the stupid bumbling idiot they claimed he was.

What Palin lacked during this campaign she has repeatedly proven she is more than capable of readily acquiring. She still has very high approval ratings and could easily win an election for Senator to further firm up her resume and gain greater experience on the national stage.

Even before his arrest today, the Illinois governor had THE lowest approval ratings of all 50 governors. Just 4%. I think the Justice Dept. should investigate that 4% since they are probably the guy's own crooked cronies. LOL

Oh, you mean like the city dwellers referring to small town America as uneducated rednecks and that they, for living in filth and grime are somehow more intelligent?

Door swings BOTH ways ....

Indeed it does, and if you can point to the post where I said city dwellers were better I'd appreciate it.

That wasn't an elitist comment. It was a statement regarding the fact that small towns are often overlooked by political candidates, yet make up a sizeable percent of our population, a vital part of our
economy, political climate and political outcomes. Most Presidential candidates pander to urban interests during campaigns and their campaign stops are usually in large urban areas -for practical reasons of course, but it is still overlooking a segment of the population. The fact this woman made the effort to reassure small town Americans that not all candidates were overlooking their contributions -was refreshing.

After all, Obama set her up for it when he went out of his way to insult them in California with his "clinging to their religion and guns" bullshit. Now you tell me which statement was actually INTENDED to be an elitist remark.

Interesting which statement you decided to take umbrage over though.

This thread is about Palin not about Obama hence why I wasn't discussing him. Are you disappointed that it's not such an insidious reason as you were hoping for?

Palin's exact words were real Americans not 'those overlooked by most candidates'.

But if you have a link saying what she actually meant I'd appreciate it. Apparently I have it out of context but nobody's given me the correct context.

You know a person is doing things correctly when they are irrelevant to current situations, but, still command so much of the opponents time.

It's like Palin's small town references. They (liberals) don't understand how well that will end up playing in the larger cities and most importantly, why!

Silly? LOL She is anything but. Someone with her political history shows she is an extremely talented and skilled politician -and anything but silly. But I have to say Democrats constantly underestimate their political opponents because they end up believing their own stupid propaganda. And then end up being blindsided because the other guy really wasn't the stupid bumbling idiot they claimed he was.

What Palin lacked during this campaign she has repeatedly proven she is more than capable of readily acquiring. She still has very high approval ratings and could easily win an election for Senator to further firm up her resume and gain greater experience on the national stage.

Even before his arrest today, the Illinois governor had THE lowest approval ratings of all 50 governors. Just 4%. I think the Justice Dept. should investigate that 4% since they are probably the guy's own crooked cronies. LOL

The last thing she should do is run for Senate. She needs to get re-elected as governor. Senators almost never get elected to be President. Harding, Kennedy, Obama...that's the complete list. She needs to stay a Governor, spend some time getting up to snuff on International issues over the next 4 years. Do some reading to philosophically back up her natural conservative instincts to be better able to explain why she believes as she does.

She has great natural abilities and instincts and there is no substitute for that. She has great oratorical abilities and she instinctively makes conservative decisions and most importantly, she's a fighter. She just needs to shore up some weak areas and she'll be fine. Knowledge is easy to gain.

Dive defends anything Conservative no matter what, the moron still likes G. Bush for Christ sakes so that shows you his level of undying support for the soon to be defunct Republican Party.

LoL, hey Dive, she didn't mean that huh? Is that really what you are saying cause if it is even Republicans think you're the idiot that I've known you are for a long time.

Now, here comes your curse-laden response, can't wait!
fuck off asshole

happy?

The last thing she should do is run for Senate. She needs to get re-elected as governor. Senators almost never get elected to be President. Harding, Kennedy, Obama...that's the complete list. She needs to stay a Governor, spend some time getting up to snuff on International issues over the next 4 years. Do some reading to philosophically back up her natural conservative instincts to be better able to explain why she believes as she does.

She has great natural abilities and instincts and there is no substitute for that. She has great oratorical abilities and she instinctively makes conservative decisions and most importantly, she's a fighter. She just needs to shore up some weak areas and she'll be fine. Knowledge is easy to gain.
and the last thing she needed was the moron "handlers" that she had to deal with

I think the turkey slaughterhouse photo op was priceless!

Almost as good as Michael Dukakis in the tank!

So you're saying she believes things not because of well thought out decisions but her own gut feelings that it's right?

Stephen Colbert would be proud.

I think the turkey slaughterhouse photo op was priceless!

Almost as good as Michael Dukakis in the tank!
only to a moron, like you
i saw her doing quite well

btw, moron, what did you eat on thanksgiving?

Forum List

Back