Palinisms 101

Thank you very much. I believe the article linked in the OP refers to her, among other things, as a "bull ----" artist. Not sure that "artist" applies. Perhaps "bleater" might be more appropriate.

All of this is a given. What I can't understand is the morons who defend her, several of them appearing on this very thread . . .

yeah and obama is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO smart.

only by comparison to palin. of course, my poodle is smart in comparison to palin. hell, even you might be.

I don't argue that Palin is smart, I don't think she is. I just think it's hilarious that so many who claim she is a joke or so scared of her.

As for your personal attacks, As I said, I will no longer partake, so enjoy.

yeah and obama is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO smart.

only by comparison to palin. of course, my poodle is smart in comparison to palin. hell, even you might be.

I don't argue that Palin is smart, I don't think she is. I just think it's hilarious that so many who claim she is a joke or so scared of her.

she is a joke. not a particularly funny one, but a joke nonetheless.

I happen to agree with you, and have no doubt in my mind that she played a part in Obama winning. But that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of people who are scared of her, otherwise they wouldn't even bother with the constant attacks. Why would they continuously attack someone who they felt posed no threat?

Again - the issue, as I see it, is not so much Palin's ineptness, as it is, what does her obvious stupidity say about those who seriously support her?

Last edited:
Hmmm George, what about that cracker comment?

what about the fact that Obama is an idiot based off of some clips?

Again - the issue, as I see it, is not so much Palin's ineptness, as it is, what does her obvious stupidity say about those who seriously support her?
yeah, the clips and quotes of Obama in this thread show his massive intellect

:rolleyes:

Have you ever felt inadequate when trying to describe Sarah Palin? I know I have. She is so obviously incompetent, but exactly how she is incompetent has been difficult for me to put into words. I don't know why - but it has.

This morning, I had the pleasure of reading an article by a guy who NAILS the essence of Sarah Palin. The article is titled: "Palinism 101" It is written by a guy named Jacob Weisberg and may be found in the August 16th edition of Newsweek.

The article opens with a definition of Palinisms:

Palinisms occur when Palin expresses one of these views in her idiosyncratically involuted syntax (“It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia”); when she expresses two or more of them in combination (“God’s will has to be done, in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that”); or when she says anything at all in her imitable my sentence went on the Tilt-A-Whirl and got nauseous way (“And I think more of a concern has been not within the campaign, the mistakes that were made, not being able to react to the circumstances that those mistakes created in a real positive and professional and helpful way for John McCain”).

Does this guy have her down, or what? Listen to this:

At one point, Mr. Weisberg likens Palin to "an unprepared high-school student trying to bluff her way through an oral exam by mugging and flirting."

I don't know about y'all, but that is certainly how I saw (see) her. Let's delve a little further into the article . . .

And finally . . .

After McCain lost, and after Palin terminated her governorship in the effusion of furious gibberish known as her resignation speech, I have found it mostly funny. To be alarmed by Palin today presumes a Republican Party suicidal enough to want her to do more than run its weekend paintball games.

There is more to this article. I urge you to read it in its entirety at:

Palin's Gibberish Is Funny but Could Be Dangerous - Newsweek

Now, before you cons waste a lot of space wondering why us Libs are so "obsessed" with Palin, let me cut you short. I admit to being not necessarily obsessed with her, but certainly interested in her - in much the same way I would be interested in a train wreck. I am also interested because enough of you Republicans keep beating the Palin drum to keep the hope alive in my heart that, somehow, she WILL find her way into the Repub nomination for POTUS in 2012. Oh God, how I pray this happens . . .

i've never had any problem at all describing ms palin. three words seem to cover it.

she's an asshat.

if i needed to to, i guess i could expand it to five: sarah palin is an asshat.

And, just two words describes you: turd swallower.

Although in your case the word turd seems to be strongly associated with your act of swallowing it....perhaps "turdswallower" would be one of the neologisms in the making.

Palin will never be elected.

The American people are learning that it is not a good idea to elect an amateur.

Of course by an "amateur" you mean an ACORN-type Conman/community Organizer like that Political Charlatan who spent TWENTY YEARS in the Black Racist Whackjob Wright's CATHEDRAL OF HATE.

And, who is/was the bosom buddy/pal of the UNREPENTANT HOMICIDAL and MANIACAL COMMIE/TERRORIST Bill Ayers (and ACORN colleague)......from whose home your Messiah launched his Senatorial Career.

Yep, as you stated : "The American people are learning that it is not a good idea to elect an amateur"....... ESPECIALLY of the Obamarrhoidal ilk.

But, you see......GOVERNOR Sarah Palin isn't anywhere near like that POS.

although i never have doubted it, it proves the wisdom of p.t. barnum and h.l. mencken still holds true.

Have you ever felt inadequate when trying to describe Sarah Palin? I know I have. She is so obviously incompetent, but exactly how she is incompetent has been difficult for me to put into words. I don't know why - but it has..
And she would STILL be a better President than Imam Hussein Obama.
Calling Mrs. Palin "stupid" won't help your cause georgie when your party has set the bar so low. ANYONE could be President now and it would be an improvement.

Last edited:
Have you ever felt inadequate when trying to describe Sarah Palin? I know I have. She is so obviously incompetent, but exactly how she is incompetent has been difficult for me to put into words. I don't know why - but it has..
Calling Mrs. Palin "stupid" won't help your cause georgie when your party has set the bar so low. ANYONE could be President now and it would be an improvement.

Oh, bushwah! Comparing President Obama to Palin is like comparing a college professor to a third grader. Seriously. y'all may disagree with President Obama's policies and even the way he goes about doing (or not doing) things. Heck, even this old Democrat has some serious complaints about the way he goes about not doing things and several of his policies.

But attacking President Obama on an intellectual level by comparing him to Palin REALLY doesn't help the Republican cause either.

I'm going back to bed. It is 5:30 a.m. here and I had to get up at 4:45 a.m. to call in for a golf time. Gonna grab a couple of hours before hitting the links this morning.

Good day.

Oh, bushwah! Comparing President Obama to Palin is like comparing a college professor to a third grader. Seriously. y'all may disagree with President Obama's policies and even the way he goes about doing (or not doing) things. Heck, even this old Democrat has some serious complaints about the way he goes about not doing things and several of his policies.

But attacking President Obama on an intellectual level by comparing him to Palin REALLY doesn't help the Republican cause either.

I'm going back to bed. It is 5:30 a.m. here and I had to get up at 4:45 a.m. to call in for a golf time. Gonna grab a couple of hours before hitting the links this morning.

Good day.

Some people are very proud of their limited intellect. They wear it like a badge of honor. They have been tricked and spoken down to for most of their lives and resent people that can navigate life with less effort. They do not care if their chosen representatives and heros stumble and mumble. To them that's honesty. They probably turned to cocaroaches for pets because dogs and hampsters made them feel inferior. OK...that was unkind.

Good day.

Some people are very proud of their limited intellect. They wear it like a badge of honor. They have been tricked and spoken down to for most of their lives and resent people that can navigate life with less effort. They do not care if their chosen representatives and heros stumble and mumble. To them that's honesty. They probably turned to cocaroaches for pets because dogs and hampsters made them feel inferior. OK...that was unkind.

I think you've picked on Joe Biden quite enough

I can live with whatever flaws, real or imagined Palin has.

She's a Conservative, maybe not Conservative enough, but she understands we have way too much Government and might actually start to undo the Progressive Counter Revolution. Accordingly, she's the target of the biggest disinformation campaign and undending 2 minute hate in American history.

As must as the Left hated Reagan, all the more so for beating their hometeam the USSR, they LOATHE Palin!

They REALLY LOATHE PALIN and that's why I know she'll make a great President in 2010

BTW, to my friends on the right, you can tell we have a totally awful candidate if the Left does not hate them. Just deal with it.

Forum List

Back