palin will do and say anything to keep in the spotlight

I do agree Palin was the only legitimate threat to the Obama campaign and the media sensed that and acted collectively to destroy her - and has not let up since.

She came off not quite ready for prime time, though by far the most values-consistent of any of the candidates last year.

The McCain campaign was a train wreck, and toward the end, attempted to use Palin as a scapegoat, when the facts show Palin was far more popular than McCain, and brought in more money for the campaign.

Will she be a viable candidate in 2012?

She will need to emerge with a stronger image following the 2008 campaign, and be reelected in Alaska.

If she can do that, then yes - she might very well prove the most formidable opponent Obama has yet faced, including Hillary...

Well therein lies the reason for the spewing... At the moment she's the only viable candidate... Romney bailed in the face of the weakest candidate since Dole... I can't see him coming back... although it's possible. I won't vote for him... I don't think Gulliani will tee it up again, but who knows...

I use the theory that who ever the media is ragging on the most, is the one they feel is the toughest to beat. See anyone ragging on either of the two would-be front runners?

At the moment Palin is the one to beat and I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe that she's beatable in Alaska. The political machine there hates her guts... and that means that she's the best candidate; where best is defined as honorable, principled and a person of high moral character.

Romney is a viable candidate, he is bright, and well educated in economics, just what this nation will need in another 4 years of Barry. What threw him out of the primaries was the media. Remember that McCain was losing bigtime in the first few primaries, no money and about to bail. The media stepped in and took over for him, because he was the easiest candidate to defeat in the big election. The biggest drawback to Romney is his religion, which I really don't think should be a deal breaker for any candidate. But the media will make a big deal out of it.

Yes, I would have much preferred Romney over McCain--& really don't understand how McCain got in there in the first place. I guess that gives us an idea of how well a "moderate" republican Presidential candidate does.

I think in 2012 Newt Gingrich is going to be front & center. I am not really sure what Palin's plans are. About a week ago she was interviewed by FNL & was asked if she was going to enter in 2012 & said NO. We'll see if she changes her mind.

If Newt runs, then she should just stay in Alaska. She's a lightweight compared to him.

I think in 2012 Newt Gingrich is going to be front & center. I am not really sure what Palin's plans are. About a week ago she was interviewed by FNL & was asked if she was going to enter in 2012 & said NO. We'll see if she changes her mind.

Yeah, that has absolutely credibiiity.... Let's see....

'No plans' to run for the White House in 2008, insists Hillary - Americas, World - The Independent

Daley on Obama: 'Everybody wants him' :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Politics

Aint it cool how NO LEFTIST IS EVER AN ADVOCATE FOR ANYTHING THE LEFT STYANDS FOR WHEN SUCH PROVES THEIR IDIOCY? HILARIOUS!:lol:

So we have this imbecile on record as NOW ADVOCATING AGAINST THE BURNING OF THE AMERICAN FLAG AS A SPEECH RIGHT!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Welcome ABOARD SON! Way to "GET ON THE TEAM AND PLAY BALL!"

Of course you avoided answering the question, you stupid tool. Where did I advocate the burning of the American flag?

ROFLMNAO... I haven't avoided answering ANYTHING...

You're an unmitigated ideological leftists... thus you're entire ideological foundation stands in diametric opposition to the THESIS of America... meaning of course that you're an ANTI-American... in the hundreds of posts I've read of yours, on this board, NOT ONE has EVER advanced a shread of support for American principles, the Flag, what that standard represents or of anything CLOSE...

What's more, as a Leftists, you're inescapably attached to the ideological left's LONG STANDING, incessant DEMAND for a RIGHT to burn the American flag as a function of SPEECH... and while you want to play semantic games and place a temporal pedentic claim that you've not openly claimed a right to burn the flag, such is IRRELEVANT... as that for which you have unceasingly advocated, takes that stand and has NEVER ONCE presentled so much as a TENDENCY of rescinding that demand...

Now you come to trot out the 'rules' for proper flag usage... as a leftist who stands AGAINST everything that flag stands FOR...

FUCK YOU! And the Leftist-horse ya rode in on... There's NOTHING disrespectful or untowards about Governor Palin wrapping herself in the American flag... it is a STATEMENT which SHE is making which says: 'Wrap myself in the flag? YOU BET! I WRAP MYSELF IN THE AMERICAN FLAG AND I AM PROUD TO DO SO! I stand up for everything this flag represents and defend same to the extent of my means and if you don't like it... you can kiss my sweet, HOT, American Flag wrapping ass...'

Of course if you'd like to state for the record that you DO NOT demand a RIGHT to BURN old GLORY in protest, I'll be happy to accept such... which I'll use to expose you as a lying sack of leftism in the unknown future...

So help yourself... It won't help ya with this argument, but it will prove you to be a hypocritical piece of leftist... and nothing bad can come from THAT.

Just wanted to update this one...

On the issue of "The ideological left DEMANDING THAT FLAG BURNING IS A RIGHT BORN AS SPEECH:

Speech...

Next?

really....speech is a "behavior"....really....the constitution guarantees the behavior of speech....really....has nothing to do with the content or thoughts, the constitution protects the use of your vocal chords...really

Yes really the constitution protects speech, and it doesn't have to be vocal either, see the Tinker case and flag burning for more details.

Strollingbones had one thing in mind with this thread, to bash the right and Republicans, she does not disguise that at all.

How dare you say that her 14 year old daughter bashes Republicans. Only a lowlife scumbag would attack someone's 14 year old daughter the way you did.

Oh, you didn't direct anything at a 14 year old girl? You have something in common with Letterman, then.

Letterman's joke about Palin's 18 year old daughter was out of line but you goofs are falling all over each other trying to be the most outraged and offended even to the point of attacking Letterman for something he didn't say.

Notice how the idiot has now lost ALL interests in this issue... it's part and partial of the 'DELUSION' of the left... it didn't happen if they didn't respond to it...

Last edited:
Strollingbones had one thing in mind with this thread, to bash the right and Republicans, she does not disguise that at all.

How dare you say that her 14 year old daughter bashes Republicans. Only a lowlife scumbag would attack someone's 14 year old daughter the way you did.

Oh, you didn't direct anything at a 14 year old girl? You have something in common with Letterman, then.

Letterman's joke about Palin's 18 year old daughter was out of line but you goofs are falling all over each other trying to be the most outraged and offended even to the point of attacking Letterman for something he didn't say.

How much of an idiot do you have to be to not understand that he was speaking about the daughter that was at the stinking game........ that was the 14 year old Willow. Bristol is in Alaska, thousands of miles away, Rodriguez would have needed an SR-71 to get there and "knock her up". Either Letterman is a bumbling idiot himself or he knew exactly who was in town with Gov. Palin and knowing what a bunch of jackasses he was playing to, went ahead with the "joke"......... with great success within the studio audience of dimwits that have flashing signs telling them exactly when to laugh and applaud.

You're as bad as he is.

Last edited:

ROFL... Ain't Delusion grand?

I've now seen Palin do a couple of interviews about this. She appears to be far more happy about the gift-wrapped opportunity for political exploitation than she does concerned about the attack on her daughter's honor. Her outrage is clearly feigned. She is a ****, pure and simple. A political whore and an opportunistic ****. Seriously. And I don't throw that word around liberally.

I've now seen Palin do a couple of interviews about this. She appears to be far more happy about the gift-wrapped opportunity for political exploitation than she does concerned about the attack on her daughter's honor. Her outrage is clearly feigned. She is a ****, pure and simple. A political whore and an opportunistic ****. Seriously. And I don't throw that word around liberally.

So Palin set up interviews for herself to exploit the opportunity which she gave herself by allowing Letterman to malign her good name and besmirch her sound moral character... and that of her barely post pubescent daughter.

BRILLIANT!

Oh she's a cunning one that Palin...

ROFLMNAO... Don't you just adore the compassion and tolerance being espoused by the 'liberal' Left?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back