Palin v Obama

nice, but that site is clearly a bit biased
;)

Just because someone leans to a certain point of view, doesn't mean he/she is wrong.

However, if anyone has anything to add in either column, Id love to hear it.

Comparing Obama's experience to Palin's is comparing apples to oranges. Palin knows more about fishing than she does about foreign policy issues. She also has no experience in Washington. She doesn't have a lot of experience as a governor either, and what experience she does have isn't very impressive.

Presidential scholars say she appears to be the least experienced, least credentialed person to join a major-party ticket in the modern era.

Presidential scholars say she appears to be the least experienced, least credentialed person to join a major-party ticket in the modern era.

They just say that because she's hot and they can't date her :lol:

Seriously, all the evidence points to Palin being the entirely wrong choice as VP but of course no conservative is going to come out and say that McCain fucked up just like they don't admit that Bush did too.

I think about the question of experience and keep wondering, what can someone do in life to possibly prepare them to be president?

I think there are things you can know from experience in government. You can watch someone e president. But how can you prepare for it. How do you prepare for a phone call that says Russia just attacked Georgia. How can you be ready for to take the phone call that says a city was or is being wiped out by a storm.

There are experiences you can have that will help you handle events but this is the president of the US. How do you handle all of the situations? What experience can you have in life that would gie you the experience in life to be president? There just isn't any.

That's why when we go to the voting booth we never really know what we will get. You vote believing that someone can do the job. They get into office and you find out they don't reacy well. Then you're stuck. It's all a crap shoot.

I think choosing a candidate is more than just chance. We can look to the candidates words and actions. Do they match? We can look at who the candidates surrounds himself or herself with. What company do they keep?

This is huge for me. On a personal level and a global level. I look for intelligence, integrity, and heart. I look at experience and track record.

Do they walk their talk or are they just another manipulator?

What makes the candidate trustworthy? or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think choosing a candidate is more than just chance. We can look to the candidates words and actions. Do they match? We can look at who the candidates surrounds himself or herself with. What company do they keep?

This is huge for me. On a personal level and a global level. I look for intelligence, integrity, and heart. I look at experience and track record.

I look for those things as well. The question is can the person do those things when they are under fire. They can't sometimes.

I see.

What constitutes under fire? Trust is a terrible thing to waste.

Either you do what you say you will do or you don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comparing Obama's experience to Palin's is comparing apples to oranges. Palin knows more about fishing than she does about foreign policy issues. She also has no experience in Washington. She doesn't have a lot of experience as a governor either, and what experience she does have isn't very impressive.

Presidential scholars = Washington insiders

Screw em all. Do you know who has a lot of experience ? George Bush, Dick Cheney, Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Narry Reed.

Are you sure you want to pick a president because of the amount of experience they have had ? Google any one of these old timers and you can find loads of questionable things they have been involved with.

It's a boring and stupid way to assess presidential material. One they achieve office it's a whole new ballgame !

What makes the candidate trustworthy? or not?

A much better way to chose a president imho.

I see.

What constitutes under fire? Trust is a terrible thing to waste.

Either you do what you say you will do or you don't.

Yes under normal conitions you do what you say. You can be against a draft. If a large scale war breaks out say between China and the US or another world war. Do you call it a flip flop if the (against the draft president) starts drafting people.

How do you prepare for the unforseen. How will a person react to those history moments. It depends on the person. It can be totally against there nature.

You can say screw them, but unless you are a presidential scholar and can prove otherwise I'll agree with them.

Go for it---our country is being ruined by these Washington insiders who claim to know what's best for us. It's people like you who listen to their bullshit that keeps them in power.

Forum List

Back