Palin tried to ban books

Blog.

Next.

It's in Time magazine.

Mayor Palin: A Rough Record - TIME

Stein says that as mayor, Palin continued to inject religious beliefs into her policy at times. "She asked the library how she could go about banning books," he says, because some voters thought they had inappropriate language in them. "The librarian was aghast." That woman, Mary Ellen Baker, couldn't be reached for comment, but news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving "full support" to the mayor.

Last edited:
Palin continued to inject religious beliefs into her policy at times. "She asked the library how she could go about banning books," he says, because some voters thought they had inappropriate language in them. "The librarian was aghast." That woman, Mary Ellen Baker, couldn't be reached for comment, but news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving "full support" to the mayor.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1837918,00.html

Then why didn't you just link to the article directly? Most of what you post is bullshit blogs, so when I see blog, I don't click the link.

And, this article is just a bitter loser's whining about how Palin smoked her in a race.

Then why didn't you just link to the article directly? Most of what you post is bullshit blogs, so when I see blog, I don't click the link.

And, this article is just a bitter loser's whining about how Palin smoked her in a race.

Palin continued to inject religious beliefs into her policy at times. "She asked the library how she could go about banning books," he says, because some voters thought they had inappropriate language in them. "The librarian was aghast." The librarian, Mary Ellen Baker, couldn't be reached for comment, but news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire her for not giving "full support" to the mayor. "

Sound familiar?

Show me the "news report from the time."

I'm glad you asked.

This chick is bad news.

Here's one. Emmons is the librarian. She *was* fired, and this report shows that she got her job back, by deciding to support Palin after all.

City librarian Mary Ellen Emmons will stay, but Police Chief Irl Stambaugh is on his own, Wasilla Mayor Sarah Palin announced Friday. The decision came one day after letters signed by Palin were dropped on Stambaugh's and Emmon's desks, telling them their jobs were over as of Feb. 13.

The mayor told them she appreciated their service but felt it was time for a change. ''I do not feel I have your full support in my efforts to govern the city of Wasilla. Therefore I intend to terminate your employment ...'' the letter said.

Palin said Friday she now feels Emmons supports her but does not feel the same about Stambaugh. As to what prompted the change, Palin said she now has Emmons' assurance that she is behind her. She refused to give details about how Stambaugh has not supported her, saying only that ''You know in your heart when someone is supportive of you.''

adn.com | Wasilla keeps librarian, but police chief is out (2/1/1997)

I suggest you read the article. And, I'm sure there's more in the results tab. I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
So, Palin fired people who were not in favor of her reform? That's how reform works. It's the same reason she dismissed Commissioner Monegan. If you aren't doing your job, you lose it. Sarah obviously felt these people were not performing their jobs to her standards.

As for banning books, yeah, that's a bit crazy. But, as you see, it didn't happen.

I'm glad you asked.

This chick is bad news.

Here's one. Emmons is the librarian. She *was* fired, and this report shows that she got her job back, by deciding to support Palin after all.

adn.com | Wasilla keeps librarian, but police chief is out (2/1/1997)

I suggest you read the article. And, I'm sure there's more in the results tab. I'll keep looking.

The abuse of power thing goes back to Wasilla. Now she stepped in sh*t and has to hire a lawyer. She's going down.

So, Palin fired people who were not in favor of her reform? That's how reform works. It's the same reason she dismissed Commissioner Monegan. If you aren't doing your job, you lose it. Sarah obviously felt these people were not performing their jobs to her standards.

As for banning books, yeah, that's a bit crazy. But, as you see, it didn't happen.

It did happen. I'm sure within the next day or so, someone will interview the folks in the library. Can you imagine firing a librarian for not banning books?

This woman is a freak!

It did happen. I'm sure within the next day or so, someone will interview the folks in the library. Can you imagine firing a librarian for not banning books?

This woman is a freak!

Barack Obama voted against funding our troops. What's worse? Banning books, or killing soldiers?

The abuse of power thing goes back to Wasilla. Now she stepped in sh*t and has to hire a lawyer. She's going down.

speaking of going down, i'm waiting for you to go down to your local contractor and get those solar shingles installed along with that wind turbine. when you do, i do. still waiting for you to walk the walk mr. kirk.

Forum List

Back