Palin to raise money for Canadian hospital that performs abortions

I think I see your problem asshat. You are too stupid to tell the difference between some news articale you read and the actual LEGISLATION. What a moron.

Once again you dumb as a rock retard, the provision was put in, in the hopes of getting elderly and terminal patients OFF expensive end of life treatments. The ENTIRE point of the councilling is to convince them to just die in bed or a hospice and NOT seek treatments that might prolong their lives but cost a lot. The one that can not comprehend facts is you.
The cost of some of those treatments comes in the shape of a more painful and drawn out death for some. When quality of life is severely compromised you are no longer talking about prolonging life but about prolonging and increasing the agony of death.

And if I wish to live in total agony 10 days longer to have those 10 days to say things to my kids, or to see their faces.. it is my freedom and choice on whether I do it... and I certainly do not want some government bureaucrat trying to convince me to end it sooner for the budgetary aspect or for the 'state'

Once again you dumb as a rock retard, the provision was put in, in the hopes of getting elderly and terminal patients OFF expensive end of life treatments. The ENTIRE point of the councilling is to convince them to just die in bed or a hospice and NOT seek treatments that might prolong their lives but cost a lot. The one that can not comprehend facts is you.
The cost of some of those treatments comes in the shape of a more painful and drawn out death for some. When quality of life is severely compromised you are no longer talking about prolonging life but about prolonging and increasing the agony of death.

And if I wish to live in total agony 10 days longer to have those 10 days to say things to my kids, or to see their faces.. it is my freedom and choice on whether I do it... and I certainly do not want some government bureaucrat trying to convince me to end it sooner for the budgetary aspect or for the 'state'

And regardless of WHICH proposal gets put into law, you will always have that right. You "real" Americans are scared of EVERYTHING, aren't you?

No one is suggesting removing anyone's freedom of choice. Other than as scare tactics. Paranoid much?

“The Hamilton Spectator” reports Sarah will receive around $200,000 for her half hour speech. Yet she accuses Al Gore of deceiving people to make money off the environment.

Palin has agreed to speak at a fundraising event in Hamilton on April 15, 2010 to raise money for St. Peter’s Hospital and the Juravinski Cancer Centre. Are both of these facilities part of Canada’s public health care system? Yes they are, we don’t have much choice here, there is one private hospital in all of Ontario, and even that is part of the public system. Does St. Peter’s or the JCC provide abortions? Not quite.

The JCC provides cancer care, which includes chemotherapy and other cutting edge treatments but not abortions. St. Peter’s is a mostly palliative care hospital focused on seniors and also does not provide abortions; most of the hospital’s clients are well past reproductive years.
YodaConservative.gif

Your source as described by Wikipedia:

Examiner.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Examiner.com

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Examiner.com is a media company based in Denver, Colorado, that operates a network of hyperlocal news websites, allowing citizen journalists to share their city-based knowledge on a blog-like platform, in over 100 markets throughout the United States and parts of Canada.[1][2][3] Examiner.com is a division of Clarity Media Group, with the primary investor being conservative billionaire Philip Anschutz, owner of Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), Regal Cinemas, and other media and entertainment companies.[1][2][4] Examiner.com claims to have 21,000 contributors, commonly referred to as "Examiners", in addition to the citizen journalists at NowPublic, a Vancouver-based website purchased by Examiner.com in September 2009.[2][5] The company has been criticized for the low compensation received by many "Examiners", and the lack of editorial oversight, including accusations of plagiarism.[2][6][7][5]

LMFAO...

You have a big brass set criticizing my source when the source of the OP is HuffPo and ThinkProgress...

:lol:...............................................................................................................:.:lol::

I may be forced to rep you for sheer audacity.

Last edited:
Huffington Post from Wikipedia:

The Huffington Post was launched on May 9, 2005, as a commentary outlet and liberal alternative to conservative news aggregators like the Drudge Report.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huffington_Post#cite_note-3

Think Progress from Wikipedia:

Think Progress is an English language blog edited by Shakir that "provide a forum that advances progressive ideas and policies."

Think Progress in an arm of The Center for American Progress:

The Center for American Progress is a liberal[1][2][3][4] (in the American sense) public policy research and advocacy organization. Its website describes it as "... a nonpartisan research and educational institute dedicated to promoting a strong, just and free America that ensures opportunity for all."[5]

Stranging, these sources did not discourage you one bit.

Hmmm

Both St. Peter’s Hospital and the Juravinski Cancer Centre are partners with with McMaster University Medical Centre through Hamilton Health Services.
"MUMC delivers a wide range of Women's Health services, including high-risk obstetrics and gynecology, to patients from a broad region."

I assume this post is an apology to the source I posted, since it says the exact same thing they said.

NEITHER HOSPITAL PERFORMS ABORTIONS.

When Palin speaks at McMaster University Medical Centre, there may be a story.

As it stands...the OP is a deception. Huffington Post printed an unmitigated falsehood and Think Progress reported a outright fabrication.

Huffington Post from Wikipedia:

The Huffington Post was launched on May 9, 2005, as a commentary outlet and liberal alternative to conservative news aggregators like the Drudge Report.
Think Progress from Wikipedia:

Think Progress is an English language blog edited by Shakir that "provide a forum that advances progressive ideas and policies."
Think Progress in an arm of The Center for American Progress:

The Center for American Progress is a liberal[1][2][3][4] (in the American sense) public policy research and advocacy organization. Its website describes it as "... a nonpartisan research and educational institute dedicated to promoting a strong, just and free America that ensures opportunity for all."[5]
Stranging, these sources did not discourage you one bit.

Hmmm

Drat!! I was hoping you wouldn't notice that!

But I did confirm what they reported at other sources i quoted above.
She is getting paid handsomely for speaking at the benefit and the two hospitals do offer the kind of end of life counseling she likens to death panels and they are partners with a third hospital which does perform abortions.

Both St. Peter’s Hospital and the Juravinski Cancer Centre are partners with with McMaster University Medical Centre through Hamilton Health Services.
"MUMC delivers a wide range of Women's Health services, including high-risk obstetrics and gynecology, to patients from a broad region."

I assume this post is an apology to the source I posted, since it says the exact same thing they said.

NEITHER HOSPITAL PERFORMS ABORTIONS.

When Palin speaks at McMaster University Medical Centre, there may be a story.

As it stands...the OP is a deception. Huffington Post printed an unmitigated falsehood and Think Progress reported a outright fabrication.
Apology? You assumed wrong. She is indirectly raising money for a hospital that performs abortions by raising money for another hospital in the same partnership of hospitals. All the hospitals in that group will benefit from her efforts because if one gets significant donations, the others have to share less of the money they all get from endowments to the group as a whole.

You are only correct in saying she is not directly supporting a hospital where abortions are probably not performed.

What monetary value does one place upon a Human life?

Ask the Republicans. They want no abortion and yet refuse to pass legislation to provide health insurance for these same kids. There is a $ figure in there somewhere.

There is no dollar figure on human life. Democrats want health insurance reform then maybe they should have worked on that instead of the Bullshit they are offering us. You know the healthcare system that they don't want to be part of.

What monetary value does one place upon a Human life?

Ask the Republicans. They want no abortion and yet refuse to pass legislation to provide health insurance for these same kids. There is a $ figure in there somewhere.

There is no dollar figure on human life. Democrats want health insurance reform then maybe they should have worked on that instead of the Bullshit they are offering us. You know the healthcare system that they don't want to be part of.

They are attempting to reform the entire process...which MAY be too big of a project. Only time will tell. However, please post all of the legislation that the Republicans introduced in the past eight years.

They are attempting to reform the entire process...which MAY be too big of a project. Only time will tell. However, please post all of the legislation that the Republicans introduced in the past eight years.

Healthcare legislation? Under Bush? Medicare part D. Not perfect but filled a big hole for a lot of seniors. And still cost too much. What did the Dems do under Clinton? We can point fingers about what has been done and hasn't been done for weeks at a time, Fact is the here and now is what counts and so far what we are being fed is BS.

Healthcare legislation? Under Bush? Medicare part D. Not perfect but filled a big hole for a lot of seniors. And still cost too much. What did the Dems do under Clinton? We can point fingers about what has been done and hasn't been done for weeks at a time, Fact is the here and now is what counts and so far what we are being fed is BS.

Wasn't MediCare Part D the sweet deal Bush gave the pharmaceutical companies?

Wasn't MediCare Part D the sweet deal Bush gave the pharmaceutical companies?

All I know about it is that many seniors now have some prescription options that they never had before. I know my older Brother uses it and says it's great.

Reports say Palin makes $200,000 a speech, and while Macaluso couldn’t say the exact amount, he said that’s “around the ballpark.”

GuelphMercury.com - News - Sarah Palin to visit Hamilton for fundraisers

What a double standard, Bill Clinton and Al Gore making millions on the speech circuit, but that doesn't count. Hypocrisy on display for all to see. :lol:

You trolls keep on trolling for the dirt.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I don't see Bill Clinton or Al Gore accepting money to speak at fundraisers for institutions performing functions they are ideologically opposed to.

You might want to re-think that.

Besides, Al Gore is running around preaching that ECO bullshit, while flying around in his PERSONAL emmision spewing jet. Fucking hypocritical closeted faggot!

Oh well, that ECO shit just got thrown out the window. The frauds like Gore have been fully exposed.

Al Gore is accepting money from institutions who will benefit from cap and trade. Now why might that be?

Clinton and Gore are frauds, NOTHING MORE!

It's a liberal wet dream that those who oppose abortion also are anti-intellectual, anti-science, anti-medicine. And like a wet dream, has nothing to do with reality.

Palin would like the joke that is Roe v. Wade reversed. That doesn't mean she's going to stand in the way or even opt not to support hospitals that are operating legally.

Like the rest of us, she wants the law changed. Unfortunately, vindictive, small minded lefties, who are perfectly willing to fuck things up for everyone if they don't get their way, think everyone is like them.

So sorry. Your prejudices are wrong, as is proven every day.

Forum List

Back