Palin to raise money for Canadian hospital that performs abortions

Palin To Speak At Fundraiser For Canadian Hospital
Palin will do anything for a buck.

First Posted: 12-11-09 11:38 AM | Updated: 12-11-09 11:53 AM

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has made no secret of her opinion on Canadian public health care. But she's scheduled to speak at a fundraiser for a hospital and cancer center in Canada.

ThinkProgress points out that St. Peter's Hospital is public, performs abortions, and offers end-of-life decision support.

Organizers hope to sell 1,000 tickets at $200 a plate, but raise more via photos with Palin.

When approached recently by a Canadian comedian pretending to be a conservative, Palin gave her opinion on Canadian health care:

"Keep the faith" Palin said, "because common sense conservatism can be plugged in there in Canada too. In fact, Canada needs to reform its health care system and let the private sector take over some of what the government has absorbed."

Ya gotta be kiddin me, boy now you guys are realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly reaching, she does a fund raiser to fight cancer and you attack her because this hospital performs abortion. All hospitals perform abortion, it is legal in the U.S and Canada!!!!! BTW she is pro-life and her own sister is pro-choice. They still have a good relationship. :lol::lol:

Keep on diggin and diggin and diggin and maybe someday you will actually find something valid.

Maybe I should give up doing my volunteer work at hospitals, because I am pro-life and they do abortions.:lol::lol:

Your never ending search for dirt on Palin, reminds me of the movie," lord of the rings," and those evil-doers search for the "PRECIOUS." You guys might even look like those trolls, too.

Trolls, trolling for dirt on Palin, that's your new slogan.:lol::lol::lol:

Where did it say she's being paid?

You folks ever think about holding your citicism until you've heard what she had to say? It's a fundraiser for a hospital in a country with a government health care system. Sounds to me like some interesting irony there that Sarah might address.

Thus far to me all it sounds like is the hospital needs to raise money and Palin has agreed to help them do so. Yeah, let's nail her to a cross for that one.
Reports say Palin makes $200,000 a speech, and while Macaluso couldn’t say the exact amount, he said that’s “around the ballpark.”

GuelphMercury.com - News - Sarah Palin to visit Hamilton for fundraisers

What a double standard, Bill Clinton and Al Gore making millions on the speech circuit, but that doesn't count. Hypocrisy on display for all to see. :lol:

You trolls keep on trolling for the dirt.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So....are you and Palin now admitting that "end of life counsleing" does not equate to "death panels"?

No one claimed they did. We pointed out that the research done BY the Obama team was that major savings UPWARDS of 70 percent could be had by cutting expensive treatments and medicines to Seniors and that they planned to pay doctors to convince seniors to just die quietly in hospices or homes. But reality seldom has anything to do with liberal lies and misinformation.

Please show me where this BULLSHIT made it to ANY of the bills that have been proposed by either the house or the senate.

The original bill had a provision for paying doctors EVERY year to "council" the terminally ill and elderly on "end of life" options. And in the reasoning in one article was the comments from one of the Obama team that did the research that 70 PERCENT could be saved from health care costs if the Terminally Ill and the elderly would forgo costly treatments and medications and just go die quietly in a hospice or at home.

Palin To Speak At Fundraiser For Canadian Hospital
Palin will do anything for a buck.

First Posted: 12-11-09 11:38 AM | Updated: 12-11-09 11:53 AM

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has made no secret of her opinion on Canadian public health care. But she's scheduled to speak at a fundraiser for a hospital and cancer center in Canada.

ThinkProgress points out that St. Peter's Hospital is public, performs abortions, and offers end-of-life decision support.

Organizers hope to sell 1,000 tickets at $200 a plate, but raise more via photos with Palin.

When approached recently by a Canadian comedian pretending to be a conservative, Palin gave her opinion on Canadian health care:

"Keep the faith" Palin said, "because common sense conservatism can be plugged in there in Canada too. In fact, Canada needs to reform its health care system and let the private sector take over some of what the government has absorbed."

and i should care because...?

If you don't care then don't troll in the post, just move on!

You folks ever think about holding your citicism until you've heard what she had to say? It's a fundraiser for a hospital in a country with a government health care system. Sounds to me like some interesting irony there that Sarah might address.

Thus far to me all it sounds like is the hospital needs to raise money and Palin has agreed to help them do so. Yeah, let's nail her to a cross for that one.
Reports say Palin makes $200,000 a speech, and while Macaluso couldn’t say the exact amount, he said that’s “around the ballpark.”

What a double standard, Bill Clinton and Al Gore making millions on the speech circuit, but that doesn't count. Hypocrisy on display for all to see. :lol:

Let's see Bill Clinton/Al Gore....served TWO FULL terms. Sarah Palin quit after 1/2 of a single term...do the math.

(1) Palin hasn't investigated the hospital enough and doesn't know about the abortion and end of life programs.
(2) Palin does knows about both programs, but wants to do something good and important of this hospital that helps many people.
(3) Palin knows about both programs, but is only about the money now and will speak anywhere if they pay her a fat paycheck.

I am betting on #3!

I don't see Bill Clinton or Al Gore accepting money to speak at fundraisers for institutions performing functions they are ideologically opposed to.

No one claimed they did. We pointed out that the research done BY the Obama team was that major savings UPWARDS of 70 percent could be had by cutting expensive treatments and medicines to Seniors and that they planned to pay doctors to convince seniors to just die quietly in hospices or homes. But reality seldom has anything to do with liberal lies and misinformation.

Please show me where this BULLSHIT made it to ANY of the bills that have been proposed by either the house or the senate.

The original bill had a provision for paying doctors EVERY year to "council" the terminally ill and elderly on "end of life" options. And in the reasoning in one article was the comments from one of the Obama team that did the research that 70 PERCENT could be saved from health care costs if the Terminally Ill and the elderly would forgo costly treatments and medications and just go die quietly in a hospice or at home.

No shit Sherlocke. However, there was NOTHING in the bill requiring people to seek such counsleing. It only required that the government pay for it should such counseling actually take place. Are you REALLY this stupid? How did you make it in the military to retirement being such a fucking moron?

Last edited:

I don't see Bill Clinton or Al Gore accepting money to speak at fundraisers for institutions performing functions they are ideologically opposed to.

Be real, I bet if we looked back you would see some shady speeches by Clinton and Gore!

No shit Sherlocke. However, there was NOTHING in the bill requiring people to seek such counsleing. It only required that the government pay for it should such counseling actually take place. Are you REALLY this stupid? How did you make it in the military to retirment being such a fucking moron?

Yes he is. He isn't known as Retardo Sarge for nothing. :lol:

Last edited:
You Conservatives cant get anything right. Nothing to do with ABORTION at all.

Heres the truth about Palins visit:

December 12, 2009
Daniel Nolan
The Hamilton Spectator
(Dec 12, 2009)
Sarah Palin is shaking up Hamilton.

Her springtime visit to Steeltown for a fundraiser for two hospitals is causing a sensation, which may be what organizers of the event at Carmen's Banquet Centre anticipated.

The former Republican vice-presidential candidate, who has been critical of Canada's public health-care system, will be in town April 15 to raise funds for the Juravinski Cancer Centre and St. Peter's Hospital.

Many expressed disbelief she will speak at a fundraiser for Canadian hospitals, much less show her face in Hamilton which has three social democrat MPs in the House of Commons and two at Queen's Park.

"Why would anyone invite Sarah Palin for a fundraiser in Hamilton?" asked Lynne Greenwell in an e-mail to The Spectator. "She doesn't reflect any of our values."

A Spectator poll asked: Would you pay to see her? More than 1,600 voted and 90 per cent said No.

The controversy prompted the head of Hamilton Health Sciences to issue a statement on why it is associated with such an event.

"Fundamentally, we believe that our health-care system is strong enough to withstand any and all criticisms," said Murray Martin. "It's something we all treasure, especially as we watch our neighbours in the U.S. struggle to find a way to extend health coverage to the millions of Americans who have no insurance."

Organizers, however, expect no trouble selling out the 1,000-seat event and shrug off any criticism. They expect to raise as much as $200,000 for the hospitals.

"I think this event rises above politics," said dinner co-chair Dennis Concordia. "The people of Hamilton who support special events like this, we will let them be the final judge as to whether she was the right speaker or not."

Peter Mercanti, owner of Carmen's and a member of the fundraising committee, said they had already sold 60 tickets by yesterday morning. Inquiries came from all over the Golden Horseshoe and Buffalo.

Stateside, Palin's visit was mocked on the liberal blog Think Progress. It said the hospitals were part of "Canada's abortion-providing, single-payer health-care system and offers the type of end-of-life counselling that Palin has said comes from 'death panels.'"

P. S. In Canada ALL hospitals MUST offer abortion services...it's the LAW, thousands of AMERICANS have abortions every year in Canada!

Last edited:

No shit Sherlocke. However, there was NOTHING in the bill requiring people to seek such counsleing. It only required that the government pay for it should such counseling actually take place. Are you REALLY this stupid? How did you make it in the military to retirment being such a fucking moron?

The only MORON here is you, you claimed no such provisions existed. The original bill REQUIRED Doctors to try and have the talk once every year and to get paid if they had it. In other words an attempt by the Government to force Doctors to brow beat patients about hospice and in home death bed care. Supported by the claim BY THE OBAMA administration that such counciling could lead to a 70 percent REDUCTION in medical costs by getting the terminal and the old out of the system.

The only MORON here is you, you claimed no such provisions existed. The original bill REQUIRED Doctors to try and have the talk once every year and to get paid if they had it. In other words an attempt by the Government to force Doctors to brow beat patients about hospice and in home death bed care. Supported by the claim BY THE OBAMA administration that such counciling could lead to a 70 percent REDUCTION in medical costs by getting the terminal and the old out of the system.

No they didn't asshat. The only REQUIREMENT was for the Government to PAY for those counseling sessions. Are you stupid or simply too brainfucked to see the difference?

No they didn't asshat. The only REQUIREMENT was for the Government to PAY for those counseling sessions. Are you stupid or simply too brainfucked to see the difference?

You are the idiot, the original article about it had the lady that did the research making the additional statements and she was absolutely joyful in her proclamation that such could eventually SAVE 70 percent of Medical costs.

You are the idiot, the original article about it had the lady that did the research making the additional statements and she was absolutely joyful in her proclamation that such could eventually SAVE 70 percent of Medical costs.

I think I see your problem asshat. You are too stupid to tell the difference between some news articale you read and the actual LEGISLATION. What a moron.

Yes he is. He isn't known as Retardo Sarge for nothing. :lol:
Thanks for the neg rep, Tardo Sarge. I knew it was coming. I know you so well now. :lol:

I think I see your problem asshat. You are too stupid to tell the difference between some news articale you read and the actual LEGISLATION. What a moron.

Once again you dumb as a rock retard, the provision was put in, in the hopes of getting elderly and terminal patients OFF expensive end of life treatments. The ENTIRE point of the councilling is to convince them to just die in bed or a hospice and NOT seek treatments that might prolong their lives but cost a lot. The one that can not comprehend facts is you.

Once again you dumb as a rock retard, the provision was put in, in the hopes of getting elderly and terminal patients OFF expensive end of life treatments. The ENTIRE point of the councilling is to convince them to just die in bed or a hospice and NOT seek treatments that might prolong their lives but cost a lot. The one that can not comprehend facts is you.
The cost of some of those treatments comes in the shape of a more painful and drawn out death for some. When quality of life is severely compromised you are no longer talking about prolonging life but about prolonging and increasing the agony of death.

Last edited:

What a dumbass. REACH much?

Name-calling, abuse, profanity...all you can do is mock each other...no meaningful debate. MORONS all of you... CONSERVATIVE MORONS ! No wonder you love Bush, Junior.

Forum List

Back