Palin to Fox

Sarah Palin, Fox: looks like a winner

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Already entrenched as No. 1 in the cable-television news wars, Fox News Channel on Monday hired Sarah Palin as a contributor and strengthened itself further.

The arrangement, reported in the New York Times, has the potential of playing out as a big win for both parties.

For Fox, the addition gives its conservative political base one more reason to tune in, as Palin is the darling of many sectors of the Republican Party. Fox has surged far ahead of rivals CNN and MSNBC (GE), so it isn't necessarily fretting about losing its sizable advantage in the ratings. But it's always good business to give the people what they want, and they can't get enough of Palin.

:eusa_angel:

https://www.etrade.wallst.com/v1/ne...winner&refSymbols=|US;GE|US;NWS|US;NYT|US;TWX

This is a good move for Palin. Her degree is in journalism, and she is quite capable. I don't think Palin is presidential material. She is smart enough, and if she were to pursue more education, I think she would be. I would like to see her with a law degree, but I don't think she will ever pursue that. She is in her field as a journalist, and she has had the notoriety already that will help her succeed.

I just love it. I'll get to see my sweetie more often! Another reason why you just gotta love Fox. They have their finger on the pulse of the "real" America.

I love it too, she speaks to middle America and they love her, people relate to her and she relates to them. Middle America comes from the same background as she does. She is a conservative through and through and she will ignite the base for the 2010 elections.

Are saying middle americans are dumb and dont know the difference between north and south Korea or dont know Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11?

Sarah palin is a dolt. McCain screwed up BIG TIME....

how can fox say they are fair and balanced? How can they say they are not partisan. the hired Freaking Palin. Between her and the cop killer huck, they are extremely right leaning. period.

yes, msnbc is left leaning, but they don't deny it. Every time they say they are fair and balanced, they are insulting their idiotic fans. Well, I guess that makes sense.

how can fox say they are fair and balanced? How can they say they are not partisan. the hired Freaking Palin. Between her and the cop killer huck, they are extremely right leaning. period.

yes, msnbc is left leaning, but they don't deny it. Every time they say they are fair and balanced, they are insulting their idiotic fans. Well, I guess that makes sense.

So a person who is registered with a particular party is not a candidate for a job in journalism?

Really?

So a person who is registered with a particular party is not a candidate for a job in journalism?

Really?

Lets hope she is a better journalist than a gov, vice presidential candidate and mother who teaches abstinence as birth control.

Fox fans, you deserve her. Have fun.

Oh and her "degree" in journalism didnt teach her what the difference between north and south vietnam was? WW1 and WW2? This woman is a dolt and McCain should be ashamed. He is now deflecting any questions aobut his vetting now, so maybe he is ashamed..?

Last edited:
Poll: Fox Trounces MSNBC in Influence

As the cable wars carry on, a new poll finds that Fox News informs roughly five adults for every one adult informed by MSNBC.

The Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll asked: “From which ONE of the following national television news sources do you get MOST of your information about politics and current events?”

Fully 27 percent said Fox. Only 5 percent said MSNBC. Meanwhile, 16 percent said CNN and 36 percent cited the major networks.

But the contest of note is MSNBC and Fox. The rivalry, the networks, have become surrogates for the two political tribes of American politics. The blue tribe controls Washington but this is one bout the red tribe takes with ease.

Meanwhile, as The New York Times details, CNN falls behind MSNBC for the first time this year in the ratings race. But as the Journal poll would hint, and so much data has before, on top is Fox — 2009 marks Fox's greatest ratings year yet. It's no wonder President Obama eventually decided that even he could no longer ignore this Fox.

[URL="http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2009/12/16/poll-fox-trounces-msnbc-in-influence/"]link[/URL]

see what ya get for lying 24/7 ???? and with Palin on board millions of liberals will tune into fox. Olbermann will be on his knees to Osama begging for more $$$$

Really?

Lets hope she is a better journalist than a gov, vice presidential candidate and mother who teaches abstinence as birth control.

Fox fans, you deserve her. Have fun.

Oh and her "degree" in journalism didnt teach her what the difference between north and south vietnam was? WW1 and WW2? This woman is a dolt and McCain should be ashamed. He is now deflecting any questions aobut his vetting now, so maybe he is ashamed..?

So YOUR 'degree' is in geography. :lol:

Funny thing. I've been posting on boards about 5 years now. You'd be surprised the number of well educated people who think Mexico is in South America! LOL

Judge not, and all that jazz.

Last edited:
"Some people are saying" Palin will be the nominee of the 'Tea Party' party in 2012, O'Reilly suggested this evening. Of course Fox usually frames opinion with the lead in some people are saying as a way to convince the dittoheads who watch thier show the content of their broadcast is legitimate news and not propaganda.
In my biased opinion O'Reilly and Palin put on a ridiculous dog and pony show.

"Some people are saying" Palin will be the nominee of the 'Tea Party' party in 2012, O'Reilly suggested this evening. Of course Fox usually frames opinion with the lead in some people are saying as a way to convince the dittoheads who watch thier show the content of their broadcast is legitimate news and not propaganda.

BUT you did watch:eusa_whistle:

Poll: Fox Trounces MSNBC in Influence

As the cable wars carry on, a new poll finds that Fox News informs roughly five adults for every one adult informed by MSNBC.

The Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll asked: “From which ONE of the following national television news sources do you get MOST of your information about politics and current events?”

Fully 27 percent said Fox. Only 5 percent said MSNBC. Meanwhile, 16 percent said CNN and 36 percent cited the major networks.

But the contest of note is MSNBC and Fox. The rivalry, the networks, have become surrogates for the two political tribes of American politics. The blue tribe controls Washington but this is one bout the red tribe takes with ease.

Meanwhile, as The New York Times details, CNN falls behind MSNBC for the first time this year in the ratings race. But as the Journal poll would hint, and so much data has before, on top is Fox — 2009 marks Fox's greatest ratings year yet. It's no wonder President Obama eventually decided that even he could no longer ignore this Fox.

[URL="http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2009/12/16/poll-fox-trounces-msnbc-in-influence/"]link[/URL]

see what ya get for lying 24/7 ???? and with Palin on board millions of liberals will tune into fox. Olbermann will be on his knees to Osama begging for more $$$$

And yet, Obama beat McCain and project runway beat fox. lol

BUT you did watch:eusa_whistle:

Of course; though I much prefer Tina Fey - and of course I was not convinced the show was anything but political theater.

She'll have more viewers than Olbermann, Matthews and Maddow combined

lmao.......exactly what I was thinking last night!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Geez...........I just went over to check the latest ratings on Olbermann.............he's now just barely over 1 million viewers/night!!! That means he's lost 800,000 viewers since 11/08. Thats fcukking amazing!!! Nobody can suck that bad................can they??

I was just thinking too..............how hot is Sarah Palin??!!!! Im sorry.........if you're a man and dont think she's worth watching just due to the hawtness factor, then your a fcukking limpwrister!!!:clap2:

One of the first things she said last night was she is there to bring fair and balanced reporting.

She said the words FAIR AND BALANCED. Fox fans are idiots.

She'll have more viewers than Olbermann, Matthews and Maddow combined

lmao.......exactly what I was thinking last night!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Geez...........I just went over to check the latest ratings on Olbermann.............he's now just barely over 1 million viewers/night!!! That means he's lost 800,000 viewers since 11/08. Thats fcukking amazing!!! Nobody can suck that bad................can they??

I was just thinking too..............how hot is Sarah Palin??!!!! Im sorry.........if you're a man and dont think she's worth watching just due to the hawtness factor, then your a fcukking limpwrister!!!:clap2:

The curiosity factor, much like looking at a serous car wreck, it's hard not to look; perfect name for her show, "The Curiosity Factor". Though, if the past reflects the future it won't take long for Palin to alienate everyone at Fox, especially O'Reilly, whose past behavior reflects misogyny and if his ego is brused, watch out.
Palin hot? Wow, maybe at last call during an ice storm.

One of the first things she said last night was she is there to bring fair and balanced reporting.

She said the words FAIR AND BALANCED. Fox fans are idiots.

Actually she said she thought Fox was fair and balanced unlike the other networks... and then went on handling softballs from Bill O'Reily while labeling every known democrat as far leftists... as if Fox needed another Newt Ginrich.

Sarah Palin, Fox: looks like a winner

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Already entrenched as No. 1 in the cable-television news wars, Fox News Channel on Monday hired Sarah Palin as a contributor and strengthened itself further.

The arrangement, reported in the New York Times, has the potential of playing out as a big win for both parties.

For Fox, the addition gives its conservative political base one more reason to tune in, as Palin is the darling of many sectors of the Republican Party. Fox has surged far ahead of rivals CNN and MSNBC (GE), so it isn't necessarily fretting about losing its sizable advantage in the ratings. But it's always good business to give the people what they want, and they can't get enough of Palin.

:eusa_angel:

https://www.etrade.wallst.com/v1/ne...winner&refSymbols=|US;GE|US;NWS|US;NYT|US;TWX

This is a good move for Palin. Her degree is in journalism, and she is quite capable. I don't think Palin is presidential material. She is smart enough, and if she were to pursue more education, I think she would be. I would like to see her with a law degree, but I don't think she will ever pursue that. She is in her field as a journalist, and she has had the notoriety already that will help her succeed.

As an ex-journalist I can tell you degrees don't mean anything if you haven't done any reporting in so long. Even if you have, beyond reviewing AP style and some of the ethical issues behind it, the internship is the only thing that matters, otherwise it's worthless.

Moreover, as a reporter you DON'T WANT TO BE A PART OF THE STORY! You're an observer! You're fame or infamy will change the way people approach you... fortunately for her, she doesn't sincerely plan to do any reporting as far as I can tell, she's a Fox News Contributor. They give commentary, that's all.

Last edited:
I have a challenge!!

How about I start up my own TV station.

American Chaos
Where the news is unstable and disingeneous!!

I would make a killing

Forum List

Back