Palin To be Banned from campus ?

Exactly!
It is like burning the flag, I don't like it, but it is what makes our country great. The simple fact that protesting and burning our flag is protected by the constitution makes you realize we aren't that bad off. lol

I disapprove of it Completely, in fact i hate it 110%.. but.. It is Protected by the Constitution.. Can't really do anything about it.

I hate it too, but it also reminds me how lucky we are.
I do get pissed when people do not follow proper flag etiquette, for one they teach you all about it in grade school. When I was younger I had a wierd obsession with it for awhie. :lol:

True, true.

:cool:

I disapprove of it Completely, in fact i hate it 110%.. but.. It is Protected by the Constitution.. Can't really do anything about it.

I hate it too, but it also reminds me how lucky we are.
I do get pissed when people do not follow proper flag etiquette, for one they teach you all about it in grade school. When I was younger I had a wierd obsession with it for awhie. :lol:

True, true.

:cool:
:D
I also learned that the Boys Scouts will properly get rid of any old flag you have a few years ago.

Well what specifically does she say that reaches the level of hatespeech ,
Please try to be specific and use examples.
Spreading hate...just read a few of her speeches or her facebook page. It is always us vs. them...always divisive, never constructive.

Could you be specific and gives actual examples?
Like quotes and time and date?

Is this decisive ?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ae6Z-cdieY]YouTube - racism .wmv[/ame]
Is this spreading hate?
Should political speech that questions the leadership and policies of another be illegal ?
Since they are by there nature divisive and therefor not constructive.

I guess you missed the part where the University INVITED her? Some students are trying to shut down free speech aided and abetted by some Professor. A State Senator is trying to intimidate the school into canceling the speech.

I am a conservative but:

Maybe the University should have polled those that financially support the university with tuition before inviting a controversial political figure?

The article seems to imply that they just want to know how much she's being paid and how she's being paid given that she's asking $100,000 a pop. Not an unreasonable request for information, IMO.

It is the O/P that implies they want to ban her. I may have missed it, but I didn't see anything indicating that.

And even if they are protesting to have her banned from speaking at the campus? What is wrong with that? I appreciate our younger Americans learning that there is nothing wrong with speaking their minds to authority.

It is what makes our Nation unique.

Sadly, many on the left find it appropriate to ridicule those that speak their minds. And it is appropriate, seeing as they, too, have the right to speak their minds.

But one day they may see it actually hurts robust debate to ridicule those that speak their minds.

You know, many in congress and in this administration were at those anti war protests back in the 60's. You would think they would understand the frustration of hearing their government ridiculing them as they exercised the first ammendment; and how it led many to act radically out of frustration.

Or do they?

Last edited:
Didn't the right wing conservatives attempt to ban President Obama from speaking at Notre Dame last year?

Didn't right wing conservatives try to ban President Obama from speaking to school children on the first day of school this year?

INDOCTRINATION

Didn't the right wing conservatives attempt to ban President Obama from speaking at Notre Dame last year?

Didn't right wing conservatives try to ban President Obama from speaking to school children on the first day of school this year?

INDOCTRINATION

It was based on the content of what he planned to say. "helping the President make changes in America"

Many felt that was inappropriate as children look up to the President and many will take his words as sacred (not in a religious way) and America being changed is not necessarily the sentiments of all Americans.

Personally, I was on the fence with that whole debate of what he should or should not say.

INDOCTRINATION

It was based on the content of what he planned to say. "helping the President make changes in America"

Many felt that was inappropriate as children look up to the President and many will take his words as sacred (not in a religious way) and America being changed is not necessarily the sentiments of all Americans.

Personally, I was on the fence with that whole debate of what he should or should not say.

Did you manage to read the Presidents speech?

Far from indoctrination. Unless you oppose hard work and respecting teachers

INDOCTRINATION

Did you manage to read the Presidents speech?

Far from indoctrination. Unless you oppose hard work and respecting teachers

No. I did not read the speech. I read an exerpt that discussed how it is every Americans responsibility to help the President.

I never saw it as indoctrination. I saw it as a possible infirngement on the parents right to the development of their children.

And I was not even very strong on that stance either. I heard both sides of the debate and deemed it best to let the chips fall where they may on that one.

If universities can turn down Ayers, why can't they turn down Palin?

They can turn anyone down that they want.

Why is this even a topic of conversation?

And students can protest anyone they want.

Yep. Exactly why I have no issue whatsoever with this situation.

I think I have mnade that clear numerous times.

Freedom of speech is for everyone, including those that want to protest me.

Hey, not my fault I was born well endowed, but go ahead. Complain to your girlfriends. See what I care.

I can't watch your link. Why don't you sum it up for me.

Its Alan colmes saying the objection to Obamas policies is because of racism.
If he does this repeatedly then he is being hateful.

Yes.

But I saw that segment on Oreilly and he was asked to back it up and he didnt.

I would not mind if he said, HE BELIEVES it is based on racism. I do not think he did however.

I do not like it when one in the media states opinion as fact.

Forum List

Back