Palin To be Banned from campus ?

Personally, I don't like people that spread hate. Palin is one of those. So is Ayers. I would protest both of them.

Would you protest Farrakahn? (sp.?)
Is that the black muslim guy? If so, yes.

I wouldn't invite anyone into my house that had views that were divisive and hateful. Why should the students not be allowed to make an effort to do the same in their "home?"

Please take note:

They should be allowed and I see this as a complete non issue.

It is America at work. It is America at its finest.

Spreading hate...just read a few of her speeches or her facebook page. It is always us vs. them...always divisive, never constructive.

Far cry from hate speech.

So when a dimmy says something about us and them, it is "spreading hate"
I didn't say it was hate speech, that was Fitnah.

And yes, anyone that continuously makes divisive comments in this manner is just as bad as Palin. No matter what their politics are.

I disagree.

Palins comments are that of dissent. Not of hate. You may see it as hate as you disagree with her, but they are not of hate.

However, if students want to protest her speaking on their campus, they should be allowed to do so without any ridicule whatseover.

Once in a while is okay from either side. But yes if it is constant.

edit: that was a repy to Skull but his post disappeared. ???

That is idiotic. If it's CONSTANT it's a sign that perhaps some changes need to be made. You don't shut up dissenters.

Unless you're a communist.

Far cry from hate speech.

So when a dimmy says something about us and them, it is "spreading hate"

And yes, anyone that continuously makes divisive comments in this manner is just as bad as Palin. No matter what their politics are.

I disagree.

Palins comments are that of dissent. Not of hate. You may see it as hate as you disagree with her, but they are not of hate.

However, if students want to protest her speaking on their campus, they should be allowed to do so without any ridicule whatseover.

The right wing cries to campus' when they don't want some extreme liberal wants to speak somewhere, so they shouldn't cry when the left protests their Ann Coulters and Palins.

Clearly the University didn't want the drama of large protests. Not to mention they probably disagree with Palin and the GOP. The University, if a good one, is probably anti Rush Limbaugh and pro Obama.

Remember when Ann Coulter could spew her hate speech but the Dixie Chicks couldn't voice their objections that a President lied us into a war or two?

Well now liberals on some campus are objecting so loudly that the University has decided to UN invite Palin? I love it!!! The rightwing has become a fringe group. Finally!

No I don't remember that ever happening. Do you live in an alternate universe?

I disagree.

The right wing cries to campus' when they don't want some extreme liberal wants to speak somewhere, so they shouldn't cry when the left protests their Ann Coulters and Palins.

Clearly the University didn't want the drama of large protests. Not to mention they probably disagree with Palin and the GOP. The University, if a good one, is probably anti Rush Limbaugh and pro Obama.

I am for all protests from all people and all causes.

I despise violence and I despise those that try to minimize and discredit those that speak out.

I was very much insulted by the way Pelosi spoke of the tea partyers (as a group) and I was very much insulted by those that ridiculed Cindy Sheehan.

I have many friends that have lost their lives or limbs for freedom of speech for Americans. I will be dammed if anyone is refused that right regardless of my personal sentiments of any given cause.

Remember when Ann Coulter could spew her hate speech but the Dixie Chicks couldn't voice their objections that a President lied us into a war or two?

Well now liberals on some campus are objecting so loudly that the University has decided to UN invite Palin? I love it!!! The rightwing has become a fringe group. Finally!

No I don't remember that ever happening. Do you live in an alternate universe?

Sealybobo has it wrong.

People spoke out about Coulter speaking out and people spoke out about the dixie chicks speaking out.

This is America.

NBthing wrong with any of it.

That is idiotic. If it's CONSTANT it's a sign that perhaps some changes need to be made. You don't shut up dissenters.

Here is a perfect example. Allie is constantly calling people communists, among other things. That's divisive. And hateful.

Do you guys realize how hillarious it is watching you tards get your panties in a bunch over Sarah Palin? For someone you claim to be of no consequence and an airhead... you certainly waste countless hours on her. Of course, not like you have anything productive in your lives, right? Sit on here all day, maybe take a trip to the unemployment office to re-up on some benefits... watch a little Olberman... play some Xbox.

Do you guys realize how hillarious it is watching you tards get your panties in a bunch over Sarah Palin? For someone you claim to be of no consequence and an airhead... you certainly waste countless hours on her. Of course, not like you have anything productive in your lives, right? Sit on here all day, maybe take a trip to the unemployment office to re-up on some benefits... watch a little Olberman... play some Xbox.

She grew in popularity faster than any other woman that I can think of.
And she is a conservative.

Seems to me many will try to minimize the crediibility of anyone that helps keep the conservative movement in the forefront.

I'm OK with it. It is their right. But I laugh at how angry they make her.

Good for the University. Good for Palin.

Universities need a broad range of opinion. Palin is a nationally recognized leader who was governor of a state and a candidate for VP. She should be heard.

Especially when its a fundraiser for the university.

Let the yahoos protest and go ahead with the dinner. Who cares about the protesters?

Maybe she can enroll to try to get her masters degree. She could do a whirlwind speaking tour of different colleges, quitting and enrolling all around the country. Just like her undergraduate degree.:razz:

Here is a perfect example. Allie is constantly calling people communists, among other things. That's divisive. And hateful.

Hey I call them communists too. What about me?

America is about divisivenes? It's about allowing for different opinions and dissention.

That is something that the left doesn't understand.

Everyone has the right to free speech, including the protesters. I don't agree with them, but they've got the right to protest, just as much as the tea parties and Lyndon Larouche.

If they succeed. and "ban" Sarah Palin, then that's the University's fault, not the protesters.

Forum List

Back