Palin To be Banned from campus ?

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Double standard ,Law maker seeks to have speaking fee revealed ?

TURLOCK, Calif. --

Amid a furor created by people demanding to know how former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is getting paid for a gala speech at California State University, Stanislaus, officials say that no public funds will be used to support the event.
"Furthermore, no existing foundation funds are being used either. The event is self-funded. All funds used have been given for the purpose of putting on this event in order to raise money to benefit university programs and student services," Matt Swanson, president of the CSU Stanislaus Foundation Board of Directors, said in a statement.

Palin is scheduled to headline a black-tie fundraiser on campus in June. A student group is organizing a protest and its own event in response. A professor has started a Facebook group in protest.

In addition, Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, is demanding to know how much the university is paying Palin, who commands up to $100,000 per lecture.
Swanson said in a statement that Palin's contract is confidential per the university's agreement with the Washington Speakers Bureau.

Stan State: Palin Event Is Self-Funded - Politics News Story - KCRA Sacramento

Really what in the hell is going on in this country ?
Is Smaller responsible government = to hate speech now?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3lIFbzr8nc]YouTube - Ban Sarah Palin[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apaocwjuv5k]YouTube - political hate.wmv[/ame]

Didn't the right wing conservatives attempt to ban President Obama from speaking at Notre Dame last year?

This is what communists do. They marginalize the opposition by accusing them of heinous behavior. They target youth and encourage them to violently oppose anything which challenges the authority of the communist party, and then blame their opponents when their plans come to fruition and someone is killed.

They'll keep saying "it's hate speech, it must be silenced!" and "they're violent killers!" because that's the way they terrorize people into submission.

Didn't the right wing conservatives attempt to ban President Obama from speaking at Notre Dame last year?

President Obama had asked that a cross be removed from the podium where he was to speak. A valid request for a valid reason, but one that the student body and faculty did not feel it appropriate to do as it is a religious institution.

At least that is how I recall it.

If universities can turn down Ayers, why can't they turn down Palin?

I guess you missed the part where the University INVITED her? Some students are trying to shut down free speech aided and abetted by some Professor. A State Senator is trying to intimidate the school into canceling the speech.

I seem to remember people being kicked out of Bush speaches for wearing the wrong shirts

There are some on the left who simply do not tolerate free speech unless it agrees with their own ideology. It is shameful, but nothing the loony left does surprises me these days. Many lefties live in a fantasy world where anyone who disagree with them is automatically branded a misogynistic homophobic racist. Why would anyone be afraid of Sarah Palin? She's a freakin' lightweight!! But she does challenge Obama - therefore she must be a racist!!!

I guess you missed the part where the University INVITED her? Some students are trying to shut down free speech aided and abetted by some Professor. A State Senator is trying to intimidate the school into canceling the speech.

I am a conservative but:

Maybe the University should have polled those that financially support the university with tuition before inviting a controversial political figure?

I am a conservative but:

Maybe the University should have polled those that financially support the university with tuition before inviting a controversial political figure?

Maybe they did? They have PRIVATE money to pay for her to speak there.

I seem to remember people being kicked out of Bush speaches for wearing the wrong shirts

You recall incorrectly.

They were kicked out by standing up, ripping off their "over shirts" and reciting hateful remarks.

They rudely interrupted someone that was speaking.

It had nothing to do with the shirts.

Its really sad to see how intolerant other people can be to certain political points of view. I seen this all my life with 'liberals' which has me convinced that these people are not liberals at all but something much different.

The students have every right to make their views known and try to get the university to cancel.

I am a conservative but:

Maybe they did? They have PRIVATE money to pay for her to speak there.

Yes they do. But in my eyes, the University is supported by the student body and the alumni. Any controversial action should be debated before implemented.

That is my opinion.

Me? I would welcome her to speak. She has very interesting views. Not thrilled with her approach. But I agree with much she believes in.

Hi Mr. Fitnah:

Palin To be Banned from campus ?

Double standard ,Law maker seeks to have speaking fee revealed ?...

Sarah Palin is at best an empty skirt. If you pay attention to any of her speeches, then you will tune into a disposition, temperament and intelligence quotient of the typical teenager. She quit on Alaska and spelled doom for Open Border Lobby John McCain and if the Republican Party is pinning hopes on this batty laughingstock, then kiss the GOP goodbye ...

The only reason people like Obama and Palin have the opportunity to grandstand in the public mind is because the USA is suffering greatly in the leadership department, which is just another reason (among thousands) that the USA 'is' worthy of utter destruction (#1-10).

GL,

Terral

The students have every right to make their views known and try to get the university to cancel.

It is known as freedom of speech.

I agree 100%.

Forum List

Back