Palin to appear on SNL this weekend

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Sarah Palin to appear on SNL - CNN.com

CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin plans to appear on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend, multiple sources told CNN Thursday.

They've had the imitation, but now "Saturday Night Live" is getting the real Sarah Palin this weekend.

"Saturday Night Live" has featured three opening skits in which former cast member and Palin lookalike Tina Fey portrays the Alaska governor.

It was not known whether Fey also will appear on Saturday night's program.

The live comedy program airs on NBC at 11:30 p.m. ET.

Fey first appeared as Palin for the show's season premiere last month in a sketch with SNL cast member Amy Poehler, who played Sen. Hillary Clinton.

Fey reprised her role as Palin two weeks later, again alongside Poehler, who played CBS's Katie Couric in a parody of Palin's interview with the CBS anchor earlier that week.

Earlier this week, Palin told reporters that she'd love to appear on the show with Fey, The Associated Press reported.

"I love her, she's a hoot and she's so talented," Palin said, according to the AP.

"It would be fun to meet her, imitate her and keep on giving her new material."

Sarah Palin to appear on SNL - CNN.com

CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin plans to appear on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend, multiple sources told CNN Thursday.

They've had the imitation, but now "Saturday Night Live" is getting the real Sarah Palin this weekend.

"Saturday Night Live" has featured three opening skits in which former cast member and Palin lookalike Tina Fey portrays the Alaska governor.

It was not known whether Fey also will appear on Saturday night's program.

The live comedy program airs on NBC at 11:30 p.m. ET.

Fey first appeared as Palin for the show's season premiere last month in a sketch with SNL cast member Amy Poehler, who played Sen. Hillary Clinton.

Fey reprised her role as Palin two weeks later, again alongside Poehler, who played CBS's Katie Couric in a parody of Palin's interview with the CBS anchor earlier that week.

Earlier this week, Palin told reporters that she'd love to appear on the show with Fey, The Associated Press reported.

"I love her, she's a hoot and she's so talented," Palin said, according to the AP.

"It would be fun to meet her, imitate her and keep on giving her new material."

Now THAT'S going to be good ! :clap2:

Now THAT'S going to be good ! :clap2:

It's poor planning by the McCain campaign. Horrible planning. You should've done it the Saturday before the election. By the time the election comes, people will forget about it. The only reason they plan it so far ahead is if she screws up.

But how can you screw up being a good sport and getting roasted by a woman America loves, Tina Fey? Just say maverick a couple of times along with a you betcha and you're good to go.

It's poor planning by the McCain campaign. Horrible planning. You should've done it the Saturday before the election. By the time the election comes, people will forget about it. The only reason they plan it so far ahead is if she screws up.

But how can you screw up being a good sport and getting roasted by a woman America loves, Tina Fey? Just say maverick a couple of times along with a you betcha and you're good to go.

I sure hope Tina is on with her, that would be a riot!

I read an article about Tina playing Palin, she said it's fun, but if McCain somehow wins :eek: she won't play Palin after the elections.

She also said she respects Palin,that shows you that Tina Fey is a classy woman!

She is by far the funniest, smartest, wittiest woman out there!

I sure hope Tina is on with her, that would be a riot!

I read an article about Tina playing Palin, she said it's fun, but if McCain somehow wins :eek: she won't play Palin after the elections.

She also said she respects Palin,that shows you that Tina Fey is a classy woman!

She is by far the funniest, smartest, wittiest woman out there!

And sexiest....

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Attachments

• $TinaFey1.jpg
    $TinaFey1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 76

Maybe, did it ever occur to you, that JUST maybe...the McCain campaign didn't pick the date?

Maybe, did it ever occur to you, that JUST maybe...the McCain campaign didn't pick the date?

Actually, the mccain campaign would have been the ones to advise SNL of her availablity. My guess is a) they do want it not so close to election day "just in case"; but mostly, I suspect they're going to want her campaigning just before election day and NYC isn't where they are going to want to put her then.

Just smart scheduling. I have no issues with it.

Forum List

Back