Palin thinks $215,000 a year is "working class"

She's a governor and makes lots of money, before that she was a Town mayor. Her husband works with his hands in a hostile environment and therefore makes lots of money. Compare that to the Obamas who were both Ivy League educated and have worked in academic and administrative roles exclusively. Nice try that the elitist claims to represent the working class though. :badgrin:

I like how you waited for others to make your argument for you to respond. That was cute. Can't find information on your own? Yes, it is possible to REPRESENT a group of people without actually being a part of it. People do it all the time with organizations and political entities. Look into the definition of "represent" and tell me its not possible. Sure it may be nice to have someone that is a part of a social class to represent them, but there is not law saying someone outside that group is incapable of it. Obama has helped give people who normally have no influence a medium to have their voices heard, or he REPRESENTS them and their interests. He still does not claim that he is a member of the groups he represents because he is not that stupid. Palin on the other hand...

What's more funny is that you call me a Republican when I'm a conservative. :D

Fact is if it were up to me the federal government would be about 10-20% of its current size. It would not be the massive intrusion into your personal life as it is now. :lol:

I'm an Obama supporter who is actually with you on that one (government size)! BUT we can't keep maxing out Credit Card USA on the war - 53% of our insane budget is spent on the WarOnTerror/Iraq/HomelandSecurity. My opinion is that the conservatives in power (and seeking power - McCain) aren't practicing what they preach. I am not a liberal - but I am voting for Obama b/c of the deadly economic crisis we are in - caused directly from Credit Card USA being overlimit. It's time for the conservative party to regroup and clean house. Then maybe we will see something different in the next cycles.

In other words, Mr. McCain is pimping the conservative party. Better rethink your vote if you are a TRUE conservative.

I want to speak to the sneering idea that $215,000 a year isn't working class.
Sarah Palin knows what $215,000 GROSS is to a small business owner because she's owned a small business. Those people have NOTHING. They pay taxes and expenses and end up with nothing. These are the people who are going to bear the brunt of the taxes that Obama wants to foist upon the "rich". Small business owners.

I have a client who owns a small business. On a good month, she grosses $5,000. She has never broken even yet...so her net income is anywhere from -$1000 to -$45. She has children and is eligible for food stamps, which she has to have to feed her kids. The only money they have coming into that household comes from her son's disability check, which is less than $700.

My sister had her own lawfirm. She grossed somewhere around $250,000 one year in the 90s. She had three employees and expenses. Guess what she made? Big fat zeros.

You guys think that taxing people who have gross incomes of $250,000 is a good idea, say goodbye to the few remaining small business owners...people who have their own little fishing boats, who may operate a lumber store or logging company, or a small store in a rural area.

Sarah Palin knows what $215,000 GROSS is to a small business owner because she's owned a small business. Those people have NOTHING. They pay taxes and expenses and end up with nothing. These are the people who are going to bear the brunt of the taxes that Obama wants to foist upon the "rich". Small business owners.

I have a client who owns a small business. On a good month, she grosses $5,000. She has never broken even yet...so her net income is anywhere from -$1000 to -$45. She has children and is eligible for food stamps, which she has to have to feed her kids. The only money they have coming into that household comes from her son's disability check, which is less than $700.

My sister had her own lawfirm. She grossed somewhere around $250,000 one year in the 90s. She had three employees and expenses. Guess what she made? Big fat zeros.

You guys think that taxing people who have gross incomes of $250,000 is a good idea, say goodbye to the few remaining small business owners...people who have their own little fishing boats, who may operate a lumber store or logging company, or a small store in a rural area.
Babble, if your friend and your sister aren't making a big personal income, they've got nothing to worry about. All business operating expenses can be written off. If your sister makes 5 million a year and pays out in salaries 4.9 million to everyone else and takes home $100,000 of her own, she only pays tax on $100,000.

So don't lie about Obama, he's got enough bad things about him that you need not make things up.

And Palin's 215,000 isn't from small business income.

[1]I like how you waited for others to make your argument for you to respond. That was cute. Can't find information on your own? [2]Yes, it is possible to REPRESENT a group of people without actually being a part of it. People do it all the time with organizations and political entities. Look into the definition of "represent" and tell me its not possible. Sure it may be nice to have someone that is a part of a social class to represent them, but there is not law saying someone outside that group is incapable of it. Obama has helped give people who normally have no influence a medium to have their voices heard, or he REPRESENTS them and their interests. He still does not claim that he is a member of the groups he represents because he is not that stupid. Palin on the other hand...
I like how you assume that. You know what that makes you?

Palin "represents" my class much more than Obama "represents" working class losers that vote Democrat.

That's the truth - I wonder what my perception would be if I weren't in the good 'ole middle class?! =) Haha maybe one day I will have the opportunity to find out, wouldn't that be nice!
That's the whole idea behind capitalism and limited government. Without them your chances of moving beyond middle class are near zero.

I'm an Obama supporter who is actually with you on that one (government size)! BUT we can't keep maxing out Credit Card USA on the war - 53% of our insane budget is spent on the WarOnTerror/Iraq/HomelandSecurity. My opinion is that the conservatives in power (and seeking power - McCain) aren't practicing what they preach. I am not a liberal - but I am voting for Obama b/c of the deadly economic crisis we are in - caused directly from Credit Card USA being overlimit. It's time for the conservative party to regroup and clean house. Then maybe we will see something different in the next cycles.

In other words, Mr. McCain is pimping the conservative party. Better rethink your vote if you are a TRUE conservative.
Sorry but I don't see the reasoning behind supporting the a candidate with plans for massive government expansion when you are against its massive size to begin with.:cuckoo:

Apparently--Barack Obama also believes $215,000 per year is middle class income too. He only wants to raise taxes on people making over $250,000.

BTW--BO in his 2009 budget wanted to raise taxes on family incomes starting at only $42,000 per year. LOOK IT UP! Of course, this was before he he made the decision to run for POTUS.

First, can you support your assertion that the US is spending 1.5 trillion a year on the war on terror and HLS?

Second, McCain not being a conservative would be a great point, IF a conservative was running... But voting for Hussein is unforgivable. I have never hired a single human being that voted for Clinton and I will NEVER hire anyone that voted for a Muslim Marxist only 7 years after the US was attacked by Muslim Marxists...

BO's plan on working from the ground UP. Meaning--those who work their butts off, get a college education & are successful--will be punished--. With BO in the oval office, you will be punished for success & hard work.

Your hard earned dollars will immediately go to the bottom of the food chain, in hopes that that will stimulate the economy from the bottom/up. The losers or parasites in our society will make out like bandits.

Disillusioned Illusionist

Debate Solved!! I just saw a speech by Obama where he asked the crowd to raise their hand if they made over $250,000.00 Then he said "If you make less than $250,000.00 you will not see an increase in taxes" We are taking care of the "Middle Class"

So there it is Obama says you're middle class if you make less than two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.It's got to be true.
next topic please
---------------------------------------------------

That should about do it......now when can we expect an apology from Mr. David S and some others that will remain un-named....????

L M A O

Babble, if your friend and your sister aren't making a big personal income, they've got nothing to worry about. All business operating expenses can be written off. If your sister makes 5 million a year and pays out in salaries 4.9 million to everyone else and takes home $100,000 of her own, she only pays tax on $100,000.

So don't lie about Obama, he's got enough bad things about him that you need not make things up.

And Palin's 215,000 isn't from small business income.

Got a link that proves that all business operating expenses would be written off?

Of course not, words can be define however you wish to define them. :cuckoo:

Actually not. It was simply your definition of a term that was only one of about half a dozen put forth. What I wonder is when someone is going to realize that BHO cannot keep that promise because he isn't constitutionally authorized to do so.

I like how you assume that. You know what that makes you?

Palin "represents" my class much more than Obama "represents" working class losers that vote Democrat.

So your family makes over $200,000 a year and has five kids with a seventeen year old who is pregnant? Lucky you. I wish I had that kind of money.

Obviously (except to you I suppose) a small business owner whose BUSINESS grosses $250 K, but whose expenses are $250K has ZERO income.

Nobody on this board has suggested that taxing people with ZERO incomes is a good idea, so where do you come up with this kind of claim?

Obviously (except to you I suppose) a small business owner whose BUSINESS grosses $250 K, but whose expenses are $250K has ZERO income.

Nobody on this board has suggested that taxing people with ZERO incomes is a good idea, so where do you come up with this kind of claim?
Probably from Sarah Palin, who made a similar claim last night:

But when you talk about Barack's plan to tax increase affecting only those making $250,000 a year or more, you're forgetting millions of small businesses that are going to fit into that category. So they're going to be the ones paying higher taxes thus resulting in fewer jobs being created and less productivity.

Forum List

Back