Palin thinks $215,000 a year is "working class"

No, working hard doesn't only mean physical labor. But working class does. And not everyone in the working class is POOR either. It is NOT an economic class -it only defines how someone earns their money.

Thats nice. I wasn't talking about working class.

Why is the hell would I want a regular, joe six pack to be a heart beat from the presidency.

This is stupid, and its only something that would appeal to emotionally retarded two time bush voters.

I want somebody exceptional to be a Prez or Vice prez.

Don't hold your breath waiting for "exceptional" then -exceptional people don't go into government in the first place. They tend to find far more appreciation for their talents in some other field. The average IQ of Presidents is 110. Pretty darn average. And oddly enough, those whose IQs are right around there -tend to do the best as Presidents. Because they don't think they are an expert on every single topic and issue in the first place. Some of our very worst Presidents were exceptionally intelligent -but made the mistake of believing THEY were the best expert on EVERYTHING, over those who are the best experts in that field - and all too often rejected the advice of the best experts.

What counts most for an effective President isn't that he is a walking Encyclopedia. NO ONE is an expert in everything and never will be. If you are waiting for that person then you will wait until hell freezes over. What counts most is that they know THEY are not the best expert on every single issue -and which experts to rely on for expert advice for whichever particular problem may arise.

Considering Obama intends to seek economic advice from two of the people who raped Fannie Mae for their own personal profit, walked off with tens of millions while helping drive it into bankruptcy -I'm not feeling real comfortable about his ability to seek out the best expert advice.

Small business owners aren't working class by the traditional definition.

The spin here is hysterical.

I am not constrained by your definition. Count the posts I think I saw at least half a dozen definitions. My boss may run a business but his personal income isn't much more than the median.

I don't think she's talking about gross earnings for a small business. And, no, $215,000 isn't a lot if that were the case. I believe we're talking about personal income.

His personal income is well below a quarter mil.

My wife makes $85/hr as a CRNA. Guess that makes her working class.....she's and hourly employee.... And my top Java programmer are all getting $45-$55/hr and are hourly workers, too. Those working class people you know.....

Yes, I think they ARE working class.

They have to work for a living, don't they?

Some of you seem to differentiate working class for middle class. If someone works with their hands they're working class but if they work with their brains they're waht? middle class?

That doesn't really make any sense at all, in my opinion. Most tradesmen who work with thier hands end up making more money than most GRAY COLLAR administrators.

I don't see working and capital classes as being on the same scale as the more tradtiional lower./middle/upper classes.

They're realy describing two different things.

One is the WAY you get money, the other the AMOUNT of money you get.

Make sense?

the lower/middle/upper class scale, is (or should be) based ENTIRELY on income regardless of how the money is made.

These are just my definitions, of course.

None of these terms' meanings are engraved in stone.

Palin says she represents 'Joe Six-pack' - Yahoo! News

"Working class" doesn't refer to how much a person earns -it is not an economic class. Especially since many in the working class make a very good income. It refers to whether a person earns their income by means of physical labor. Palin's husband is part of the WORKING CLASS. The guy works as a commercial fisherman during the short sockeye salmon season and as a physical laborer in the oil fields. In fact he works the North Slope field where the average temperature during the long winter is -80 degrees. Can't get more working class than that.

Palin did not say her husband was working class. She said SHE was working class. Last time I checked, she doesn't work on the oil pipelines.

Actually no, they won't. Obama has laregely abandoned his original economic plan now as he has with his universal health plan. No tax hikes or health care reform in the offing according to him.

Source, cause just yesterday, he was making a speech about his tax cuts and healthcare.

What's Palin's net worth?

If the majority of her income is from investments, then she's CAPITAL CLASS.

If she depends on herself and her husband working (regardless of what they do) she's WORKING CLASS.

That's my definition, at least.

At least Obama does not claim to be "working class" or just like every other average American. He claims to get along with them, which he does, and claims to want to help them and represent them, but does not claim to be one of them. Palin claims to be average with an income of $215,000 which is ridiculous. Nice try though. Way to bring in information that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
She's a governor and makes lots of money, before that she was a Town mayor. Her husband works with his hands in a hostile environment and therefore makes lots of money. Compare that to the Obamas who were both Ivy League educated and have worked in academic and administrative roles exclusively. Nice try that the elitist claims to represent the working class though. :badgrin:

Actually no, they won't. Obama has laregely abandoned his original economic plan now as he has with his universal health plan. No tax hikes or health care reform in the offing according to him.

I don't know about the current health care plan. Truth is, we have to re-evaluate what we do in light of the current financial circumstances, anyway.

How much did you and the other Bush lovers make us spend on iraq? One trillion and climbing. You forced me to pay for your war.

Let's put it to a referedum, a vote, and ask the american people if they want to spend a trillion dollars on iraq, or whether they want universal health care.

The Iraq war is a national defense issue. Disagree with that if you may, but national defense is a constitutional mandate. Your precious welfare, health care, medicare, medicade, social security, PBS, NPR, funding for the arts, national education, ain't.

And we don't hold referendums in this country, since we're not a democracy. We are a representative republic. :badgrin:

Lmao. Its funny that for Republicans who have massively expanded the federal government its "if they want to pay more, let them", but you want to force Liberals too, although we've been against many of the Bush expansions.
What's more funny is that you call me a Republican when I'm a conservative. :D

Fact is if it were up to me the federal government would be about 10-20% of its current size. It would not be the massive intrusion into your personal life as it is now. :lol:

The Iraq war is a national defense issue. Disagree with that if you may, but national defense is a constitutional mandate. Your precious welfare, health care, medicare, medicade, social security, PBS, NPR, funding for the arts, national education, ain't.

And we don't hold referendums in this country, since we're not a democracy. We are a representative republic. :badgrin:

Its not national defense, its a foreign war. And no, thats not a Constitutional mandate.

What's more funny is that you call me a Republican when I'm a conservative. :D

Fact is if it were up to me the federal government would be about 10-20% of its current size. It would not be the massive intrusion into your personal life as it is now. :lol:

Hmm and who did you vote for in 2004 and 2000?

I don't know about the current health care plan. Truth is, we have to re-evaluate what we do in light of the current financial circumstances, anyway.

Kinda makes you wonder if that isn't part of the plan, doesn't it?

No, they voted for the AUMF, something else entirely.

Ah so you'll be voting for Barr then, eh? Good.

Your beloved Democrats could always have voted to reduce or eliminate funding if they didn't like what the CIC decided that the authorized military forced was used for.

Voting for Barr would be throwing my vote away, since he has zero possibility of winning. In fact it would be a de-facto vote for the most liberal candidate.

Your beloved Democrats could always have voted to reduce or eliminate funding if they didn't like what the CIC decided that the authorized military forced was used for.

That is SO TRUE.

Voting for Barr would be throwing my vote away, since he has zero possibility of winning. In fact it would be a de-facto vote for the most liberal candidate.

Yes, that right.

That's how BOTH PARTIES keep their deathgrip on the elections, isn't it?

Forum List

Back