Palin Takes On AP - and Trumps Obama Again

I'm with Palin and Obama on this one.

The press should defer to the wishes of the family on this one. The soldier wasn't nationally known and publishing his picture wasn't necessary

I was not aware Obama spoke to this issue.

Could you please provide a link of that? - thank you.

Palin followed the lead of the White House on this one. Defense Secretary Gates ( a member of Obama's cabinet) spoke out on the issue days before Palin agreed with the White House position.

They both are right in attacking AP on this one and I credit Palin with supporting the President on this issue.

Last edited:
attackgop300.jpg

Story regarding Palin's comments against the AP photo of the dying Marine is now among the top stories on the CNN Political Ticker - easily surpassing the Obama school speech story...

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin calls news org ‘heartless and selfish’ « - Blogs from CNN.com

Try going to CNN's page.

Political News, Analysis and Opinion from CNN.com

Sure doesn't look like Palin's story is No. #1...

All the "top stories" link to the political ticker where the Palin story response section is currently #2 - right behind the Clinton to Obama story.

And that Clinton to Obama story is fascinating.

Wheels within wheels...plans within plans........

Ohhh....

Now I understand why you thought it was the "biggest" story on the site:

It was the most recent story on CNN's TICKER.
Ticker, as in constantly updating. It was at the top of the page this morning because it was the newest story, not the biggest. (Check the site now... it's not even on the front page anymore! Now the "biggest" story is WIN A DATE WITH PALIN!)

Your thread fails, this time for good.

Many of us join Secretary Gates in condemning the Associated Press for its heartless and selfish decision to turn its back on the wishes of a grieving family in order to exploit the tragic death of a true American hero.

Glad to see Palin supporting the Obama administration on this issue. She waited the weekend to chime in, but at least she swallowed her pride and supported the White House

Sarah Palin rapid deployment bedwetter squad to arrive in.....

Classy post.

Anything to back that up? Or, are you taking a page out of Alinsky's Rules - ridicule rather than argue? Cause that's what it looks like to me.
Thanks for wetting the bed....FOO!

If Palin were running against Beelzebub himself, there's still a 50-50 chance that I'd stay home.

What a fuckin' tool!! :rofl:

Sarah Palin rapid deployment bedwetter squad to arrive in.....

Classy post.

Anything to back that up? Or, are you taking a page out of Alinsky's Rules - ridicule rather than argue? Cause that's what it looks like to me.
Thanks for wetting the bed....FOO!

If Palin were running against Beelzebub himself, there's still a 50-50 chance that I'd stay home.

What a fuckin' tool!! :rofl:
you don't have to actually support her to see the evidence of PDS
LOL

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it.
- Robert E. Lee

Try going to CNN's page.

Political News, Analysis and Opinion from CNN.com

Sure doesn't look like Palin's story is No. #1...

All the "top stories" link to the political ticker where the Palin story response section is currently #2 - right behind the Clinton to Obama story.

And that Clinton to Obama story is fascinating.

Wheels within wheels...plans within plans........

Ohhh....

Now I understand why you thought it was the "biggest" story on the site:

It was the most recent story on CNN's TICKER.
Ticker, as in constantly updating. It was at the top of the page this morning because it was the newest story, not the biggest. (Check the site now... it's not even on the front page anymore! Now the "biggest" story is WIN A DATE WITH PALIN!)

Your thread fails, this time for good.

No, it was not the most recent - it was the 2nd highest commented upon story - far more than the Obama speech to the students, and only slightly behind the Clinton advice to Obama story.

No worries though, there is more rough news for Obama on the way...

Many of us join Secretary Gates in condemning the Associated Press for its heartless and selfish decision to turn its back on the wishes of a grieving family in order to exploit the tragic death of a true American hero.

Glad to see Palin supporting the Obama administration on this issue. She waited the weekend to chime in, but at least she swallowed her pride and supported the White House

The fact that Obama said nothing on this issue is telling.

Gates, who is a carry over from the Bush administration, is the only one from the current administration to admonish the AP for utilizing that photo...

Sarah Palin is at it again - stating the case directly, with both force and conviction.

Her strongly worded post on Facebook gives an aggressive rebuke of the AP's decision to run a photo of a a US Marine in the midst of dying due to injuries sustained in battle. The Marine's family had requested the photo not be published - the AP ignored that request.

It should be noted, this is the same AP that refused to publish cartoons of Muhammed, stating to do so would be "offensive".

And on the same day Obama gave his speech to students, Palins remarks are quickly dispatching the President to minor news. Time Magazine placed Palin's remarks as the #1quote of the day - the president following behind her.

Well said Mrs. Palin...

"Many of us join Secretary Gates in condemning the Associated Press for its heartless and selfish decision to turn its back on the wishes of a grieving family in order to exploit the tragic death of a true American hero.

Lance Corporal Joshua ‘Bernie’ Bernard was a selfless young American who sacrificed everything for our freedom.

Shame on the AP for purposely adding to the grieving family’s pain. Ignoring the family’s wishes by publishing a sacred image of their loved one proved a despicable and heartless act by the AP. The family said they didn’t want the photo published. AP, you did it anyway, and you know it was an evil thing to do.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Bernard family. Words can not adequately express our sorrow and appreciation for your sacrifice. We will never forget your Marine or his fallen comrades.

May God bless the Bernard family."

Palin takes on AP (Dying Marine Photo)
let's see one is like watching a train wreck and obama's speech ended up not being political so there was nothing to bitch about.

Sarah Palin is at it again - stating the case directly, with both force and conviction.

Her strongly worded post on Facebook gives an aggressive rebuke of the AP's decision to run a photo of a a US Marine in the midst of dying due to injuries sustained in battle. The Marine's family had requested the photo not be published - the AP ignored that request.

It should be noted, this is the same AP that refused to publish cartoons of Muhammed, stating to do so would be "offensive".

And on the same day Obama gave his speech to students, Palins remarks are quickly dispatching the President to minor news. Time Magazine placed Palin's remarks as the #1quote of the day - the president following behind her.

Well said Mrs. Palin...

"Many of us join Secretary Gates in condemning the Associated Press for its heartless and selfish decision to turn its back on the wishes of a grieving family in order to exploit the tragic death of a true American hero.

Lance Corporal Joshua ‘Bernie’ Bernard was a selfless young American who sacrificed everything for our freedom.

Shame on the AP for purposely adding to the grieving family’s pain. Ignoring the family’s wishes by publishing a sacred image of their loved one proved a despicable and heartless act by the AP. The family said they didn’t want the photo published. AP, you did it anyway, and you know it was an evil thing to do.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Bernard family. Words can not adequately express our sorrow and appreciation for your sacrifice. We will never forget your Marine or his fallen comrades.

May God bless the Bernard family."

Palin takes on AP (Dying Marine Photo)

I have never agreed with Barracuda Palin on ANYTHING, but I believe she has my support on this one. I wonder who wrote the speech for her? No basketball references this time...

Forum List

Back