Palin supports Obama - new energy

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Palin on Obama by Philip Gourevitch

"Before she was running against him, Sarah Palin—the governor of Alaska and now the Republican candidate for Vice-President of the United States—thought it was pretty neat that Barack Obama was edging ahead of John McCain in her usually solidly red state. After all, she said, Obama’s campaign was using the same sort of language that she had in her gubernatorial race. “The theme of our campaign was ‘new energy,’ ” she said recently. “It was no more status quo, no more politics as usual, it was all about change. So then to see that Obama—literally, part of his campaign uses those themes, even, new energy, change, all that, I think, O.K., well, we were a little bit ahead on that.” She also noted, “Something’s kind of changing here in Alaska, too, for being such a red state on the Presidential level. Obama’s doing just fine in polls up here, which is kind of wigging people out, because they’re saying, ‘This hasn’t happened for decades that in polls the D’ ”—the Democratic candidate—“ ‘is doing just fine.’ To me, that’s indicative, too. It’s the no-more-status-quo, it’s change.”"

Butting Heads: Palin on Obama: The Talk of the Town: The New Yorker

"Before she was running against him, Sarah Palin—the governor of Alaska and now the Republican candidate for Vice-President of the United States—thought it was pretty neat that Barack Obama was edging ahead of John McCain in her usually solidly red state. After all, she said, Obama’s campaign was using the same sort of language that she had in her gubernatorial race. “The theme of our campaign was ‘new energy,’ ” she said recently. “It was no more status quo, no more politics as usual, it was all about change. So then to see that Obama—literally, part of his campaign uses those themes, even, new energy, change, all that, I think, O.K., well, we were a little bit ahead on that.” She also noted, “Something’s kind of changing here in Alaska, too, for being such a red state on the Presidential level. Obama’s doing just fine in polls up here, which is kind of wigging people out, because they’re saying, ‘This hasn’t happened for decades that in polls the D’ ”—the Democratic candidate—“ ‘is doing just fine.’ To me, that’s indicative, too. It’s the no-more-status-quo, it’s change.”"

Looks more like Obama supports HER policies !!!:rofl:

It seems Palin has a lot in common with Obama's stand on the energy issue. It will be interesting to see how the Republicans spin these statements.:badgrin:

It seems Palin has a lot in common with Obama's stand on the energy issue. It will be interesting to see how the Republicans spin these statements.:badgrin:

What spin is required to use a little bit of common sense? Something Obama, and the left, have yet to display on the topic?

What spin is required to use a little bit of common sense? Something Obama, and the left, have yet to display on the topic?

You say the left hasn't said anything yet in the way of common sense. The R VP Nom. agrees with Obamas plans what does that say about her and McCains idea to pick her.

You say the left hasn't said anything yet in the way of common sense. The R VP Nom. agrees with Obamas plans what does that say about her and McCains idea to pick her.

Show me where she agrees checking your tire pressure will offset offshore drilling.

Palin supports drilling in AWR. Show me where Obama supports that.

She believes in responsible use or resources AND pursuing alternative fuel sources. So do I.

Until he shifted his position for political expedience (called egg on face), Obama was against offshore drilling at all, a stance pretty consistent with most on the left. Rather than responsibly use our resources while pursuing an alternative source of energy, the left wants to ram uneconomical, questionabley effective alternative fuel sources down our throats.

Your statement is a classic example of spin and deflection. If Obama makes statements about "new energy" he isn't using common sense, but if a Republican supports those same statements you don't have an answer or an explanation for it.

Your statement is a classic example of spin and deflection. If Obama makes statements about "new energy" he isn't using common sense, but if a Republican supports those same statements you don't have an answer or an explanation for it.

Is this the Twilight Zone? I just gave you both an answer and an explantion and I most certainly used neither spin nor deflection.

Your personal attack in the face of responding to a post that clearly states what you deny it does most certainly qualifies as spin and deflection.

Last edited:
Is this the Twilight Zone? I just gave you both an answer and an explantion and I most certainly used neither spin nor deflection.

Your personal attack in the face of responding to a post that clearly states what you deny it does most certainly qualifies as spin and deflection.

Pointing out your double standard is hardly a personal attack.

I was responding to the article that was posted while you went off on a tangent totally unrelated to comments quoted in the article, like tire pressure.

ANWR isn't new energy, it's a source for old unrenewable energy.

As for off-shore drilling mother nature is showing how unreliable that can be. Right now the off-shore platforms in the gulf are shut down.

I was responding to the article that was posted while you went off on a tangent totally unrelated to comments quoted in the article, like tire pressure.

As for off-shore drilling mother nature is showing how unreliable that can be. Right now the off-shore platforms in the gulf are shut down.

And gas prices will now shoot up....

It really shouldn't be such a big deal when candidates agree with each other. Nothing wrong with admitting someone else has a good idea.

None of these candidates has a real energy policy. They all talk about needing to make changes and moving to alternative sources of energy, but their is no plan. While oil may become cheap again, we need to think long term. Becoming energy independent would stop our reliance on other countries, some of them being our enemies, to provide for us. More importantly, it is one thing we can actually produce here in the US, for our own consumption. Becoming energy independent would create millions of new jobs within the industry and secondary industries. It would increase our GDP dramatically, which in turn would increase tax revenues. These are the simple ideas that none of these candidates can comprehend, because they have no real vision.

You were responding to another one of Midcan's screwball, twisted, leftist articles. The fact is, your boy has changed his song and now supports McCain on the issue. Isn't that how it works when you go from checking your tire pressure will do as good as drilling to supporting limited drilling?

Wonder how many advisors Barrack took it up the bobo form before he changed THAT idiotic stance?

Forum List

Back