Palin stiffs hairdresser, Costco hides tomatos

If Palin has been reduced to selling her books at Costco I doubt she can afford that much for a hairdresser. :lol:

Well then, Stephen King, Michael Connelly, Vince Flynn, John Sandford, Lisa Scottaline, Iris Johanson, Stephen Colbert, Janet Evonovich, Dean Koontz, Dan Brown, Sue Grafton, James Patterson, Clive Cussler, Danielle Steele, John Grisham, Larry King, Steve Martini, David Baldacci, Kathy Reichs and many others must all be in dire straights.

I mean, using your standards to measure success anyway...

Here's a freebie for the uneducated, ignorant and downright retarded among us (I shall refrain from naming names out of sheer generosity).

If the author of a book shows up at an event to promote said book, said author is most certainly helping to SELL the book.

I understand that this is a blatant statement of the obvious to most, but apparently some here have a decidedly limited grasp of even the obvious.
Don't be silly. She's merely at Costco to stock up on moose pelts.

lyre.

she shoots her own.

i never said it would be racism....i said you would be accused of racism

I would be accused of racism? Why would I be accused of racism?

is english your first language? the "you" is not specifically you, anyone with a 5th grade reading comprehension level knows it is not singular to you, rather a the plural pronoun....

what happens when you spend money you don't have?
you go bankrupt.....

But the "you" is inclusive of the person you are talking to, isn't it?

huh...which of those fiction writers does Costco as part of their book tour?

snicker

DECEMBER 13
Costco - Goleta
7095 Market Place Drive
Goleta, CA 93117
Time: 1:00 PM
Format: Straight Signing

Sue Grafton 2009 Author Tour

to be fair, i think they leave the tomatoes out.

:eusa_whistle:

thats non fiction....:razz:

but it is humorous to see ravi try to find some insult in an author having a signing at a mega store....as if having a signing at costco is somehow less than having a signing at barnes and noble....

I would be accused of racism? Why would I be accused of racism?

is english your first language? the "you" is not specifically you, anyone with a 5th grade reading comprehension level knows it is not singular to you, rather a the plural pronoun....

you go bankrupt.....

i wasn't talking about you specifically.....sheeesh

look up the definition

Last edited:
Yurt: as if having a signing at costco is somehow less than having a signing at barnes and noble

Well, Yurt old Yak, it "is somehow less" if the venues are say Yale Beinecke Library and Trinity Junior College. Barnes and Nobles is dedicated to book, all things books, while Costco is dedicated to everything it seems. Probably not, though, to Truth, Justice and the American Way.

Yurt: as if having a signing at costco is somehow less than having a signing at barnes and noble

Well, Yurt old Yak, it "is somehow less" if the venues are say Yale Beinecke Library and Trinity Junior College. Barnes and Nobles is dedicated to book, all things books, while Costco is dedicated to everything it seems. Probably not, though, to Truth, Justice and the American Way.

old yak? :cuckoo:

she has done numerous other book signings besides costco....good lord, what wrong with you people? costco has a huge membership and i have no doubt her publisher set up the costco book signing....as if costco never has book signings....as del pointed out, the hugely successful and popular author sue grafton is having a book signing at costco....

i don't support palin, but some of the stuff you guys want to bash her for is downright stupid....

at B&N.com she is ranked 5, amazon.com #2....but do continue to harp on the costco book signing....:rolleyes:

Here's a freebie for the uneducated, ignorant and downright retarded among us (I shall refrain from naming names out of sheer generosity).

If the author of a book shows up at an event to promote said book, said author is most certainly helping to SELL the book.

I understand that this is a blatant statement of the obvious to most, but apparently some here have a decidedly limited grasp of even the obvious.

Here's a basic fact about being contracted to write a book. The author is contractually obliged to undertake PR activities, such as book signings, appearences, etc. That's a fact. They get paid serious bucks - and they earn it by making sure the book sells. Not rocket science.

As she was leaving, she noticed a man with a store manager's name tag and asked him why they had no tomatoes. He informed her the store did have tomatoes, but they were taken off the shelves for a few hours.
It turns out that Palin had been pelted with a tomato at an earlier stop on her book tour and the management at the Costco was determined it wouldn't happen here.
[/quote]Rolly: Check from Palin in the mail? - Salt Lake Tribune[/QUOTE]
_____

It was a cop that got hit by a tomato - and the idiot who threw it was quickly arrested and charged.

You can't even get your own post right!

:lol::lol::lol:

you go bankrupt.....

look up the definition

Well, I'm glad you finally clarified that.

As she was leaving, she noticed a man with a store manager's name tag and asked him why they had no tomatoes. He informed her the store did have tomatoes, but they were taken off the shelves for a few hours.
It turns out that Palin had been pelted with a tomato at an earlier stop on her book tour and the management at the Costco was determined it wouldn't happen here.
Rolly: Check from Palin in the mail? - Salt Lake Tribune[/QUOTE]
_____

It was a cop that got hit by a tomato - and the idiot who threw it was quickly arrested and charged.

You can't even get your own post right!

:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, strawberries are too small (and expensive)...

Here's a basic fact about being contracted to write a book. The author is contractually obliged to undertake PR activities, such as book signings, appearences, etc. That's a fact. They get paid serious bucks - and they earn it by making sure the book sells. Not rocket science.

So you concede that she was indeed selling her book. Got it. :thup:

look up the definition

Well, I'm glad you finally clarified that.

if you had any intelligence, i wouldn't have needed to....

i'm willing to bet you still haven't looked up the definition....ignorance is bliss i guess....no worries if you want to continue looking like an idiot

Forum List

Back