Palin staff won't comply with subpoenas

I will be interested in seeing how this all plays out.

I don't think Palin and co. have the right to tell the courts they won't testify, but let's see what the courts say, shall we?

I will be interested in seeing how this all plays out.

I don't think Palin and co. have the right to tell the courts they won't testify, but let's see what the courts say, shall we?

That will depend if it is a republican judge or a democratic judge I would assume. It is beginning to look very silly isn't it?

I thought the term was: Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

You guys are just a tad slow on the take, aren't you? It was a tongue in the cheek referral to Hillary's statement during Bill's denial of an affair. :doubt:

Don't you ever watch Saturday Night Live or rent a Mel Brooks movie?

Perhaps Todd Palin can get the non-felon prison vote in Jail?

Since ignoring a legislative subpoena is punishable by a fine up to $500 and up to six months in jail under Alaska law.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVBB2upbVys]YouTube - inner circle-bad boys[/ame]

He'll get fined. He's not going to jail. But they'll do what repubs always do... delay, obfuscate and not cooperate. That seems to be the only lesson the right took away from watergate..... don't testify and they can't use your words against you.

seems to work, too.

He'll get fined. He's not going to jail. But they'll do what repubs always do... delay, obfuscate and not cooperate. That seems to be the only lesson the right took away from watergate..... don't testify and they can't use your words against you.

seems to work, too.

Seems to which is the sad part.

Imagine if this was an (GASP) Average American or a Democrat?

The Republicans would want them to be locked up and the key thrown away.

Well, then the law and order folk would be whining about the "criminal dems" and "personal responsibility".

Of course, but if one of their own got caught then this would happen:

$backpedaling.gif

Ahh Republican Hypocrisy, speaking of which...

$Noamnesty.jpg

Some emails that from the hack showed that Sarah was discussing troopergate in the private email account:

Top Palin aide Frank Bailey figures large in the Troopergate scandal. Bailey was placed on paid administrative leave by Palin on August 19 after an audio recording surfaced of a call Bailey had made in February pressuring Alaska state troopers to fire Palin's ex-brother-in-law Mike Wooten. Yet although on leave, Palin's inbox shows another two e-mails from Frank Bailey (using the e-mail address "[email protected]") were received on Sept. 5.

Michael Nizich is Palin's chief of staff, and has also been implicated in and subpoenaed over Troopergate. On August 7, he sent an e-mail to Palin's Yahoo account with the subject line, "FW: CONFIDENTIAL Ethics Matter." The following week, on August 13, Palin held a press conference disclosing that in addition to Bailey's phone call in February, members of her staff had made about two dozen contacts with public safety officials about her ex-brother-in-law.

Randall Ruaro serves as deputy chief of staff for Palin. On August 19, the same day Palin announced that Frank Bailey would be placed on paid leave, Ruaro sent an e-mail to her private Yahoo account titled, "FW: DPS Personnel and Budget Issues." The following day, he followed up with another e-mail, "FW: DPS Employee Draft."

At the very least, these leaked inbox glimpses all show Sarah Palin was using "[email protected]" to conduct state business, which she had not previously disclosed, despite an ongoing public records lawsuit to release all e-mails related to her official duties.

Erik Ose: Sarah Palin's Inbox Reveals Possible Troopergate Smoking Guns

Too bad we can't hold her accountable til after teh election.

So you think Mister Mooseburger will just pay his fine and go away? No, they have a lot more work to do to stop the investigation. Reps on both sides of the isle have said the investigation will conclude before the election. She did not make any friends with her GOP in Alaska did she?

That seems to be the only lesson the right took away from watergate..... don't testify and they can't use your words against you.

seems to work, too.

I think that's the story of Barack Obama's life. Don't take a side, and the other side can't be mad at you.

Forum List

Back