Palin staff won't comply with subpoenas

Facts: Palin tried to get her former brother in law fired to get child custody for her sister. Her brother in law had already been disciplined for any wrongdoing and Palin was told THREE TIMES by the Court to stop harassing him.

Five days suspension for tasering a kid and drinking in his squad car. Yeah, he sure got what he deserved! :cuckoo:

And we'll just have to keep correcting the "spin" that you think you're going to put on her improper actions. You can't misuse your power. Whether she in fact misused her power would be what is being ASSESSED by the inquiry.

Facts: Palin tried to get her former brother in law fired to get child custody for her sister. Her brother in law had already been disciplined for any wrongdoing and Palin was told THREE TIMES by the Court to stop harassing him.

Like I said, Palin should have been vetted better. But the right seems to like secretive little people who won't answer questions... you know, like Cheney.

look---if she was vetted poorly then it makes things MUCH easier for the democrats.
what's your problem ?

And we'll just have to keep correcting the "spin" that you think you're going to put on her improper actions. You can't misuse your power. Whether she in fact misused her power would be what is being ASSESSED by the inquiry.

Like I said, Palin should have been vetted better. But the right seems to like secretive little people who won't answer questions... you know, like Cheney.

jillian a fact is something that is proven, not something that DAILY KOS says it is or Keith Olbermann , or Hollis French an Obama campaign worker, or Kim Elton, but I forgot, a fact for a democrat these days is something that fits inside that *CHANGE* message.

CHANGE - Anything we say and do is right so long as it gets Obama elected.

So I suppose by your definition it's a fact, but you know what, I suppose it's okay for the party thats "all inclusive " for a man to taser his kids so long as its a republican kid and we can get Obama elected, I wonder where the outcry over that one is? Why wasn't he fired? No matter a REAL Fact is A. Monegan got fired for the reason I mentioned above. So far the rest is ALL cONJECTURE put up by DEMOCRATS!!!!!!!! that does not make it fact it makes it change. and to you well to quote a famous quote "thats change we can believe in"

It was began by HER, she called for the investigation. But now that there's more at stake, neither side of the investigation committee is going to be objective.

I agree. Both sides have a vested interest. Both sides lose. McCain's side stands to lose more, imo, but people on the left are screaming so loudly that there ust be corruption, that they don't come off very well.

jillian a fact is something that is proven, not something that DAILY KOS says it is or Keith Olbermann , or Hollis French an Obama campaign worker, or Kim Elton, but I forgot, a fact for a democrat these days is something that fits inside that *CHANGE* message.

CHANGE - Anything we say and do is right so long as it gets Obama elected.

So I suppose by your definition it's a fact, but you know what, I suppose it's okay for the party thats "all inclusive " for a man to taser his kids so long as its a republican kid and we can get Obama elected, I wonder where the outcry over that one is? Why wasn't he fired? No matter a REAL Fact is A. Monegan got fired for the reason I mentioned above. So far the rest is ALL cONJECTURE put up by DEMOCRATS!!!!!!!! that does not make it fact it makes it change. and to you well to quote a famous quote "thats change we can believe in"

I'm not the one who posts misleading threads, so you might want to save the "you're a lib" stuff for someone else. I don't get my news from DailyKOS or the like.

I mean you no disrespect because I think you're an honorable guy. But I am truly tired of the double standard. You've voted twice for the most twisted of leadership. And now you are making excuses for someone who was an insult to America as a choice for VP.

You know, I always found McCain to be top notch as far as politicians went. I thought he was a decent guy. Then he met with Hagee and Parsley and the result was the pitbull in lipstick. I think his choice wrecked pretty much any concept I had of him as a different type of politician.

I'm not the one who posts misleading threads, so you might want to save the "you're a lib" stuff for someone else. I don't get my news from DailyKOS or the like.

I mean you no disrespect because I think you're an honorable guy. But I am truly tired of the double standard. You've voted twice for the most twisted of leadership. And now you are making excuses for someone who was an insult to America as a choice for VP.

You know, I always found McCain to be top notch as far as politicians went. I thought he was a decent guy. Then he met with Hagee and Parsley and the result was the pitbull in lipstick. I think his choice wrecked pretty much any concept I had of him as a different type of politician.

You know something jillian, what really angers me here is this, the assumtion that this person , because she does not "fit the mold" of what a person should be in the eye's of some , she is somehow guilty of something. I choose to wait and see what the facts say. As of now, the only facts that are really there, are that Monegan claims he was fired because he was pressured into doing so, and that gov. Palin fired him because he was not doing his job. The other facts are that the people leading the investigation are Obama supporters. Thats it!!. So I tend to believe her facts until such time as it's proved otherwise, a standard that we generally have used in this country a long long time till the media got into the trial business as well . Now, the other thing that gets me here is that all republicans think the same about ALL issues, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth. Yes I voted for George Bush in 2000 because Al Gore , and this is my opinion is a joke. However, in 2004 I didn't vote for George Bush, so don't go assuming all republicans are the same. As a matter of fact I have voted for our gov. who is a democrat and I think she is doing a great job, even though she is supporting Obama. It's just that, I don't choose to buy into the Obama mania that some have, it's rather like this, I tell my daughter this all the time, "quit watching the Obama movie and start reading the Obama book" because the story is a little different. *laughs* she like many though Im sad to say is too taken by the message. The one good thing , here is and I say this with pride, I am really glad she is involved and aware of her country.

The troopergate thing, I think, isn't what the left has a problem with (correct me if I am wrong).

I believe what the people on the left h ave a problem with in Palin, is that she is so like Bush in terms of -

1. hires yes men / fires people with opposing perspectives (see mayoral actions)
2. seems to believe "god's will" gives her a pass on thinking through tough decisions (but that is a call on my part, gut reaction, as with Bush) - see for example 'you have to be wired to not blink, you have to be so committed to the mission we are on' - people on the left would blink, in order to continually re-asses the best course which may be to stay on the course or it may be to alter course
3. She lies, plain and simple. You may call it creative spin, but it's lies. Obama may lie as well, but I can only think of a few Obama lies (egregious) and many many Palin/McCain lies.
4. She doesn't seem to value science as a means to inform policy.
5. Gosh there are jsut so many red flags with this woman, and many of them scream Bush.

Now, keep in mind that McCain wanted Lieberman and picked Palin instead, if the accounts are right. Analysts say, that this indicates he switched from running on policy to running on narrative.

The narrative is that she has real issues. She may not be qualified.

I learned recently that her election to mayor involved a total of about 1000 votes, she got 600+ and the other guy got ~400. There are over 1000 people in my kids school. It's crazy. Good for her for being mayor, but keep sight of proportion here.

The troopergate thing, I think, isn't what the left has a problem with (correct me if I am wrong).

I believe what the people on the left h ave a problem with in Palin, is that she is so like Bush in terms of -

1. hires yes men / fires people with opposing perspectives (see mayoral actions)
2. seems to believe "god's will" gives her a pass on thinking through tough decisions (but that is a call on my part, gut reaction, as with Bush) - see for example 'you have to be wired to not blink, you have to be so committed to the mission we are on' - people on the left would blink, in order to continually re-asses the best course which may be to stay on the course or it may be to alter course
3. She lies, plain and simple. You may call it creative spin, but it's lies. Obama may lie as well, but I can only think of a few Obama lies (egregious) and many many Palin/McCain lies.
4. She doesn't seem to value science as a means to inform policy.
5. Gosh there are jsut so many red flags with this woman, and many of them scream Bush.

Now, keep in mind that McCain wanted Lieberman and picked Palin instead, if the accounts are right. Analysts say, that this indicates he switched from running on policy to running on narrative.

The narrative is that she has real issues. She may not be qualified.

I learned recently that her election to mayor involved a total of about 1000 votes, she got 600+ and the other guy got ~400. There are over 1000 people in my kids school. It's crazy. Good for her for being mayor, but keep sight of proportion here.

I realize that Sarah Palins views on social issues especially Cali are not in line with the vast majority of the democratic party. However, and this is just my opinion here, I see this message of "change" being hammered around for almost 18 months now. In the beginning I have to admit myself I thought it was a pretty good thing, and thats from a republican. However, then I see the same old thing, now while I don't believe in every social issues she does i'm willing to let her have her beliefs and not judge her for her social beliefs. I see it's more the democrats doing that than the republicans , especially when it comes to her, because she doesn't fit the mold. I think that rather, than causing such a stir over Sarah Palin because of those social issues, if the democrats would have rather, said "congratulations , and celebrated the fact she is running for VP" and bascially ignored her. You would not have motivated a vast vast vast majority of my party to come out and vote. Thats just specualtion on my part though, but again, I think this hammering away at Sarah Palin because she does not believe in the same social issues as the democrats do , serves the purpose of making the democrats look like the party of exclusion rather than inclusion. I wonder. had she been say, Muslim, or perhaps, like me of Cuban decent, would this fuss be made over her?

The initial (negative) reaction from the left was to the obvious ploy for hillary voters and wondering how that would go. Had she been another race/culture whatever (but woman with little experience) it would still have been an obvious ploy for PUMAs and hillary voters and the reaction would have been the same, I think.

I think democrats are starting to ignore her, my perception, and the initial reaction was because we knew squat about her, again my perception. If Obama picked Joe Nobody Governor of Guam or something like this, the right would have demanded close scrutiny, and rightly so.

I do believe there is an undercurrent of excitement for most people that whoever wins and whatever hole we end up in, this election is historic.

Last edited:
I think democrats are starting to ignore her, my perception

Which is exactly what they needed to do. McCain needed somebody that would overshadow Obama, he got that person. And, to top that off, the Democrats have spent so much time attacking Palin that McCain's had a free ride. It worked magically for McCain. Everyone is constantly comparing Obama with Palin, as if she's running for President. They say that neither of them are experienced enough to be President, which is great, because she's not running for President - McCain is.

Like it or not, Palin was an amazing powerplay. Whether or not it will work out is yet to be seen, but it's done wonders thus far.

Palin is a small town liar who knows nothing about foreign policy. McCain nominating her was a dangerous move for America.

The Troopergate investigation was started by unanimous vote of a committee of 8 Republicans and 4 Democrats. Why? Because there is plenty of evidence that Palin is guilty.

Palin is a small town liar who knows nothing about foreign policy. McCain nominating her was a dangerous move for America.

The Troopergate investigation was started by unanimous vote of a committee of 8 Republicans and 4 Democrats. Why? Because there is plenty of evidence that Palin is guilty.

The investigation was started when Palin said "investigate me."

Forum List

Back