Palin staff won't comply with subpoenas

The "October surprise" comment was just stupid. That opened the partisan chatter. What an idiot...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight it's all Obama bats. What a stupid defense.

I guess when they went after Clinton, it wasn't all Starr Bats.

If she was the dem VP, you would be screaming for her investigation.

Hmm, Let me see , what is when the person leading the investigation Sen Hollis Fench makes a statement like this " Theres going to be an October Surprise for Gov. Palin, and it won't be a good one" and is working for the Obama campaign as well as one other member on the committee Kim Elton also working for the Obama campaign as well as Pam Ellis an Obama delagate. Lets see, This all started when Palins former rival , republican turned democrat Andrew Halcro posted a Blog on his website speculating that Walt Monegan was fired because of that "scumbag" Wooten and yes folks hes a scumbag pile of shit , any man that tasers his own kids is a worthless pile. Not to long after that on a local radio show, both Monegan and French were on the same show, talking about this same subject and "SURPRISE" wouldn't you know it, and investigation . So this past week Palin releases tons of e-mails, I notice the all the porpaganda machines that overlook Obama's MANY MANY I call them *changes* now, have somehow been silent, why is that, well because most of those e-mails make Walt Monegan look like the insubordanate person he was. He worked at the pleasure of the gov. of she didn't like the color of his shoes she could of fired him. So yeah okay, big story here, sorta like the story of Obama, thats all true too.

It's an ethics investigation, not a criminal investigation. She fired an employee. Alaska is an AT-WILL state. She could fire him for wearing the wrong-colored tie on Tuesdays, and there's not shit that can be done about it.

You've already been told that at-will means you can fire someone for no reason or any reason BUT NOT AN ILLEGAL REASON.

So why do you persist in making the same comments you've already been corrected on?

You've already been told that at-will means you can fire someone for no reason or any reason BUT NOT AN ILLEGAL REASON.

So why do you persist in making the same comments you've already been corrected on?

what are illegal reasons to fire someone? i would think beyond some type of discrimination (age, race, sex) there aren't too many. just curious.

Because he's jsanders, that's why.

What agenda are they pushing? This investigation began long before Palin was picked as McCain's VP pick, and it was began by Republicans.

That's right she pissed of a lot of republicans with her Reforming, and going after oil companies. You would think you guys would like that about her.

She fired him for not adhering to the budget and not filling empty trooper positions. Neither of those sound illegal.

Even if she did fire him for not firing Trooper Wooten, it's not illegal. Unethical? Maybe. But not illegal. Wooten was a blight on the force, and she had every reason to want him fired.

Again, she's not being charged with any crimes. She's being investigated for unethical practices.

Comments I've been corrected on? I must have missed your inane replies in regards to this. However, I must again point out that illegal firings would be because of race, sex, disability, religion, age, or because the employee filed an OSHA complaint or a legal complaint against the employer. Nothing else is protected under any section of the equal rights amendments.

Last edited:

The point is jillian , HE WAS NOT FIRED FOR AN ILLEGAL REASON!!, he was fired for the following reason.

Walt Monegan lost his job as public safety commissioner because he resisted Gov. Sarah Palin's budget policies and ultimately showed "outright insubordination," say papers the governor's lawyer filed today with the state Personnel Board.

Palin's lawyer: Monegan fired for 'rogue mentality': Alaska News | adn.com

So I will continue to correct the *CHANGE* message that you democrats keep insisting on ramming down peoples throats even if the facts dont matter.

I found this amusing:

Wooten was suspended for five days in March 2006, after state police commanders determined he had used a Taser on his 10-year-old stepson "in a training capacity;" drove his patrol car while drinking beer; and illegally shot a moose using his wife's hunting permit.

I found this amusing:

Wooten was suspended for five days in March 2006, after state police commanders determined he had used a Taser on his 10-year-old stepson "in a training capacity;" drove his patrol car while drinking beer; and illegally shot a moose using his wife's hunting permit.

And he had been disciplined for any improper actions. Palin was warned three times by a judge to lay off of him.

Next....

And he had been disciplined for any improper actions. Palin was warned three times by a judge to lay off of him.

Next....

Five days suspension is hardly adequate discipline for what he was found guilty of doing. It's clear he didn't need to be patrolling. I'm shocked that you actually think he should keep his job after other troopers admit he drank in his squad car. Actually, I'm not shocked, now that I think about it...

But, it doesn't matter. Palin didn't fire Monegan over Wooten. She fired him for not doing his job. There's really no case here. But, even if there was no evidence, I'd still want a fair investigation if I was being accused of something. Neither side is going to be fair at this point.

Last edited:
The point is jillian , HE WAS NOT FIRED FOR AN ILLEGAL REASON!!, he was fired for the following reason.

Walt Monegan lost his job as public safety commissioner because he resisted Gov. Sarah Palin's budget policies and ultimately showed "outright insubordination," say papers the governor's lawyer filed today with the state Personnel Board.

Palin's lawyer: Monegan fired for 'rogue mentality': Alaska News | adn.com

So I will continue to correct the *CHANGE* message that you democrats keep insisting on ramming down peoples throats even if the facts dont matter.

And we'll just have to keep correcting the "spin" that you think you're going to put on her improper actions. You can't misuse your power. Whether she in fact misused her power would be what is being ASSESSED by the inquiry.

Facts: Palin tried to get her former brother in law fired to get child custody for her sister. Her brother in law had already been disciplined for any wrongdoing and Palin was told THREE TIMES by the Court to stop harassing him.

Like I said, Palin should have been vetted better. But the right seems to like secretive little people who won't answer questions... you know, like Cheney.

Forum List

Back