Palin Spends $150K on Clothes?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
There I was, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with my Democrat sisters and brothers, incensed by the waste of $150K on clothes and makeup for Sarah Palin as part of her political campaign. I read blogs on MSNBC and Huffington Post, pumping my fist in the air about the wasteful nature about this $150K at the same time so many Americans were losing their jobs, cutting back on Christmas, probably inserting cat food into their diets.

Imagine wasting $150,000 on part of a political campaign. Think of all the worthwhile uses of that $150K, the poor, the elderly, the infirm, our schools. Now I see what all our Democrat brethren meant, wringing their hands over the money wasted overseas. It boggles the mind.

Then I saw that Obama will be spending $150 MILLION on his inauguration.

Nevermind.

Last edited:
There I was standing shoulder-to-shoulder with my Democrat sisters and brothers, incensed by the waste of $150K on clothes and makeup for Sarah Palin as part of her political campaign. I read blogs on MSNBC and Huffington Post, pumping my fist in the air about the wasteful nature about this $150K at the same time so may Americans were losing their jobs, cutting back on Christmas, probably inserting cat food into their diets.

Imagine wasting $150,000 on part of a political campaign. Think of all the worthwhile uses of that $150K, the poor, the elderly, the infirm, our schools. Now I see what all our Democrat brethren meant, wringing their hands over the money wasted overseas. It boggles the mind.

Nevermind.

All of it is coming from private donors for this specifically except for the money given to the inauguration every cycle. So epic fail.

In 2004, President George W. Bush solicited money from individuals, lobbyists, businesses and political action committees, and limited donations to $250,000 each. A report by the nonpartisan Public Citizen found that about 90% of the roughly $40 million that he raised came from corporations

All of it is coming from private donors for this specifically except for the money given to the inauguration every cycle. So epic fail.

Let me help you understand the point of the post: The common denominator here is money. When you say private donations, did you know that one of the biggest contributors to Obama's campaign was Wall Street? Now let's see if we can figure out who is getting the biggest piece of the financial bailout. How's that for private donations?

There I was standing shoulder-to-shoulder with my Democrat sisters and brothers, incensed by the waste of $150K on clothes and makeup for Sarah Palin as part of her political campaign. I read blogs on MSNBC and Huffington Post, pumping my fist in the air about the wasteful nature about this $150K at the same time so may Americans were losing their jobs, cutting back on Christmas, probably inserting cat food into their diets.

Nevermind.

roflmao.. :clap2:

Let me help you understand the point of the post: The common denominator here is money. When you say private donations, did you know that one of the biggest contributors to Obama's campaign was Wall Street? Now let's see if we can figure out who is getting the biggest piece of the financial bailout. How's that for private donations?

The taxpayer is paying 100 million dollars, ballywood is ponying up 60 grand. but roberto overlooks facts like that. and yes yer right no matter where it comes from it's a monumental waste of money.. google what the left said about george bush spending 40 million on his inauguration and you will get a chuckle, once again they prove their hypocrisy. :lol:

The taxpayer is paying 100 million dollars, ballywood is ponying up 60 grand. but roberto overlooks facts like that. and yes yer right no matter where it comes from it's a monumental waste of money.. google what the left said about george bush spending 40 million on his inauguration and you will get a chuckle, once again they prove their hypocrisy. :lol:

Proof that the taxpayer is paying $100 million?

To this, one of the biggest contributors was Wall Street. Wall Street is the biggest contributors to everybody's campaign because they have the most money.

And if you want to know who is getting the biggest piece of the bailout, go ask the fed who is refusing to tell us who are the recipents of $2 trillion.

To this, one of the biggest contributors was Wall Street. Wall Street is the biggest contributors to everybody's campaign because they have the most money.

And if you want to know who is getting the biggest piece of the bailout, go ask the fed who is refusing to tell us who are the recipents of $2 trillion.

Here is the point: If you voted for Obama for CHANGE, you got snookered.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Money well spent. Sarah Palin was an absolute knockout.

Oh and Obama is rounding up the DC homeless and sending them elsewhere for this event.... ghastly little poor people, how dare they.

Sure, there will be change in certain policies and other policies no. This is the same for every presidency ever.

Obama won on the Change factor because he was more Change then John McCain when compared to Bush. Whenever this country does horrible, usually the party in charge gets kicked out, screws up, gets kicked out, waits for the other party to screw up, gets back in again, and the cycle repeats.

If Obama does good enough for the American people, Republicans are in trouble for the next 8 years.

Oh and Obama is rounding up the DC homeless and sending them elsewhere for this event.... ghastly little poor people, how dare they.

First Willow, now you.

Evidence?

That's the point I've been trying to make around here. Every choice Obama has made since his election is proof-positive that he's not change at all, he's just business as usual.

Ironically, I'm satisfied. He's converting back to the days of Clinton, something I can live with. It's the people who wanted radical leftism that are getting screwed, and that was the majority of Obama's supporters.

That's the point I've been trying to make around here. Every choice Obama has made since his election is proof-positive that he's not change at all, he's just business as usual.

Ironically, I'm satisfied. He's converting back to the days of Clinton, something I can live with. It's the people who wanted radical leftism that are getting screwed, and that was the majority of Obama's supporters.

I wouldn't say the majority. A great number yes, but not the majority.

"America is ready for change."

Remember when he was running as candidate Obama and he said:

"I THINK AMERICA'S GREATEST MORAL FAILURE IN MYLIFETIME HAS BEEN THAT WE STILL DON'T ABIDE BY THAT BASIC RECEPT IN MATTHEW [caption Mathew chapter 25 31-46] THAT WHATEVER YOU DO FOR THE LEAST OF MY BROTHERS, YOU DO FOR ME."

I guess he meant everyone except for the homeless.

Everyone compares Obama to Jesus, proclaiming him as the "Messiah" and the "Annointed One," but wasn't it Pontius Pilate that when asked to judge Jesus, voted "Present?"

That Palin is hot? I think that is pretty obvious.

Rounding up the homeless in DC is no secret. Destroy the earth and google it. :tongue:

I'm betting you're one of those people who owns Nailin Paylin. :lol:

And yes, I did happen to google it.

Finding Havens for the Homeless - washingtonpost.com

The District plans to follow that city's lead and open all of its shelters for 24 hours during the inauguration, offering warm beverages, food and live television feeds of the day's ceremonies, said Mafara Hobson, spokeswoman for Mayor Adrian M. Fenty (D).

The city's Interagency Council on Homelessness has been meeting for weeks about how to do this well. It created a brochure for outreach workers about how to help people find shelter safely. And it added a page for police officers from out of town, particularly those unaccustomed to dealing with such urban issues as homelessness.

But many homeless people are not so mobile. They are the ones with mountains of stuff sometimes precariously tied to shopping carts, strollers and luggage carts.

The city will offer free storage to those who are hampered by their worldly possessions.

Until Saturday, city workers will help them place their possessions in a storage shed donated by the Office of Property Management, where the items will be locked up until the inauguration is over.

"The fact is, everyone is going to be terribly inconvenienced. The housed, the unhoused," Wells said, sighing after a brutal day of District traffic. "Already, getting around town is difficult."

From what I read, it's a security measure more then anything and they are doing plenty to help the homeless.

And I can't blame them for taking the amount of precautions. Especially since Obama has gotten more death threats then any other candidate/president elect ever.

Last edited:
I'm betting you're one of those people who owns Nailin Paylin. :lol:

And yes, I did happen to google it.

Finding Havens for the Homeless - washingtonpost.com

From what I read, it's a security measure more then anything and they are doing plenty to help the homeless.

And I can't blame them for taking the amount of precautions. Especially since Obama has gotten more death threats then any other candidate/president elect ever.

Oh stop already, I understand the need for security in a situation like this. I just find the double standard amusing. :tongue:

To tell the truth I find many things amusing about Obama and the people who support him. I left a post in the Environment area about the über-mongous carbon footprint he is gonna leave in DC... and in the meantime he wants to take my incandescent lighting away from me. Memo to Obama: You'll have to pry my incandescent bulbs out of my cold dead hands. :eusa_angel:

Sure, there will be change in certain policies and other policies no. This is the same for every presidency ever.

Obama won on the Change factor because he was more Change then John McCain when compared to Bush. Whenever this country does horrible, usually the party in charge gets kicked out, screws up, gets kicked out, waits for the other party to screw up, gets back in again, and the cycle repeats.

If Obama does good enough for the American people, Republicans are in trouble for the next 8 years.

I can understand why you want to change the subject. But just so everyone is clear about the original post, the point was the hypocrisy of Obama supporters in grousing about a mere $150K spent on the lovely Sarah Palin, how much they care about "the least among us," etc. And then throwing out 150 MILLION DOLLARS for the inauguration. "Change we can count on."

I can understand why you want to change the subject. But just so everyone is clear about the original post, the point was the hypocrisy of Obama supporters in grousing about a mere $150K spent on the lovely Sarah Palin, how much they care about "the least among us," etc. And then throwing out 150 MILLION DOLLARS for the inauguration. "Change we can count on."

I'm still waiting for you to show me where the taxpayers are paying the majority of the bill for this.

And do you have a list of WHY this is costing $150,000,000?

Forum List

Back