Palin Slams Obama's Energy Plan

The 08 Energy run up was perfectly timed to push the real estate market over the cliff. It was already bad in Miami and Boston and other big cities, but the spike in utilities swamped Fannie, Freddie and the insurers and threw the capital markets into panic
Soros and his ME Obamabacker buddies played it perfectly. Gotta give credit where credit is due

Interesting...

Palin's op ed addresses Obama's cap and tax plan as an enormous threat to America....

The Cap and Tax Dead End
By Sarah Palin
The Washinton Post
Tuesday, July 14, 2009

There is no shortage of threats to our economy. America's unemployment rate recently hit its highest mark in more than 25 years and is expected to continue climbing. Worries are widespread that even when the economy finally rebounds, the recovery won't bring jobs. Our nation's debt is unsustainable, and the federal government's reach into the private sector is unprecedented.

Unfortunately, many in the national media would rather focus on the personality-driven political gossip of the day than on the gravity of these challenges. So, at risk of disappointing the chattering class, let me make clear what is foremost on my mind and where my focus will be:

I am deeply concerned about President Obama's cap-and-trade energy plan, and I believe it is an enormous threat to our economy. It would undermine our recovery over the short term and would inflict permanent damage.

American prosperity has always been driven by the steady supply of abundant, affordable energy. Particularly in Alaska, we understand the inherent link between energy and prosperity, energy and opportunity, and energy and security. Consequently, many of us in this huge, energy-rich state recognize that the president's cap-and-trade energy tax would adversely affect every aspect of the U.S. economy.

There is no denying that as the world becomes more industrialized, we need to reform our energy policy and become less dependent on foreign energy sources. But the answer doesn't lie in making energy scarcer and more expensive! Those who understand the issue know we can meet our energy needs and environmental challenges without destroying America's economy.

Job losses are so certain under this new cap-and-tax plan that it includes a provision accommodating newly unemployed workers from the resulting dried-up energy sector, to the tune of $4.2 billion over eight years. So much for creating jobs.

In addition to immediately increasing unemployment in the energy sector, even more American jobs will be threatened by the rising cost of doing business under the cap-and-tax plan. For example, the cost of farming will certainly increase, driving down farm incomes while driving up grocery prices. The costs of manufacturing, warehousing and transportation will also increase.

The ironic beauty in this plan? Soon, even the most ardent liberal will understand supply-side economics.

The Americans hit hardest will be those already struggling to make ends meet. As the president eloquently puts it, their electricity bills will "necessarily skyrocket." So much for not raising taxes on anyone making less than $250,000 a year.

Even Warren Buffett, an ardent Obama supporter, admitted that under the cap-and-tax scheme, "poor people are going to pay a lot more for electricity."

We must move in a new direction. We are ripe for economic growth and energy independence if we responsibly tap the resources that God created right underfoot on American soil. Just as important, we have more desire and ability to protect the environment than any foreign nation from which we purchase energy today.

In Alaska, we are progressing on the largest private-sector energy project in history. Our 3,000-mile natural gas pipeline will transport hundreds of trillions of cubic feet of our clean natural gas to hungry markets across America. We can safely drill for U.S. oil offshore and in a tiny, 2,000-acre corner of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge if ever given the go-ahead by Washington bureaucrats.

Of course, Alaska is not the sole source of American energy. Many states have abundant coal, whose technology is continuously making it into a cleaner energy source. Westerners literally sit on mountains of oil and gas, and every state can consider the possibility of nuclear energy.

We have an important choice to make. Do we want to control our energy supply and its environmental impact? Or, do we want to outsource it to China, Russia and Saudi Arabia? Make no mistake: President Obama's plan will result in the latter.

For so many reasons, we can't afford to kill responsible domestic energy production or clobber every American consumer with higher prices.

Can America produce more of its own energy through strategic investments that protect the environment, revive our economy and secure our nation?

Yes, we can. Just not with Barack Obama's energy cap-and-tax plan.

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines
YouTube - Flashback: Palin said she supported cap and trade in VP debate

This shows Palin saying she supports Cap & Trade.
She also said she supported it in the Katie Couric interview.

Last edited:
Palin's op ed addresses Obama's cap and tax plan as an enormous threat to America....

The Cap and Tax Dead End
By Sarah Palin
The Washinton Post
Tuesday, July 14, 2009

There is no shortage of threats to our economy. America's unemployment rate recently hit its highest mark in more than 25 years and is expected to continue climbing. Worries are widespread that even when the economy finally rebounds, the recovery won't bring jobs. Our nation's debt is unsustainable, and the federal government's reach into the private sector is unprecedented.

Unfortunately, many in the national media would rather focus on the personality-driven political gossip of the day than on the gravity of these challenges. So, at risk of disappointing the chattering class, let me make clear what is foremost on my mind and where my focus will be:

I am deeply concerned about President Obama's cap-and-trade energy plan, and I believe it is an enormous threat to our economy. It would undermine our recovery over the short term and would inflict permanent damage.

American prosperity has always been driven by the steady supply of abundant, affordable energy. Particularly in Alaska, we understand the inherent link between energy and prosperity, energy and opportunity, and energy and security. Consequently, many of us in this huge, energy-rich state recognize that the president's cap-and-trade energy tax would adversely affect every aspect of the U.S. economy.

There is no denying that as the world becomes more industrialized, we need to reform our energy policy and become less dependent on foreign energy sources. But the answer doesn't lie in making energy scarcer and more expensive! Those who understand the issue know we can meet our energy needs and environmental challenges without destroying America's economy.

Job losses are so certain under this new cap-and-tax plan that it includes a provision accommodating newly unemployed workers from the resulting dried-up energy sector, to the tune of $4.2 billion over eight years. So much for creating jobs.

In addition to immediately increasing unemployment in the energy sector, even more American jobs will be threatened by the rising cost of doing business under the cap-and-tax plan. For example, the cost of farming will certainly increase, driving down farm incomes while driving up grocery prices. The costs of manufacturing, warehousing and transportation will also increase.

The ironic beauty in this plan? Soon, even the most ardent liberal will understand supply-side economics.

The Americans hit hardest will be those already struggling to make ends meet. As the president eloquently puts it, their electricity bills will "necessarily skyrocket." So much for not raising taxes on anyone making less than $250,000 a year.

Even Warren Buffett, an ardent Obama supporter, admitted that under the cap-and-tax scheme, "poor people are going to pay a lot more for electricity."

We must move in a new direction. We are ripe for economic growth and energy independence if we responsibly tap the resources that God created right underfoot on American soil. Just as important, we have more desire and ability to protect the environment than any foreign nation from which we purchase energy today.

In Alaska, we are progressing on the largest private-sector energy project in history. Our 3,000-mile natural gas pipeline will transport hundreds of trillions of cubic feet of our clean natural gas to hungry markets across America. We can safely drill for U.S. oil offshore and in a tiny, 2,000-acre corner of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge if ever given the go-ahead by Washington bureaucrats.

Of course, Alaska is not the sole source of American energy. Many states have abundant coal, whose technology is continuously making it into a cleaner energy source. Westerners literally sit on mountains of oil and gas, and every state can consider the possibility of nuclear energy.

We have an important choice to make. Do we want to control our energy supply and its environmental impact? Or, do we want to outsource it to China, Russia and Saudi Arabia? Make no mistake: President Obama's plan will result in the latter.

For so many reasons, we can't afford to kill responsible domestic energy production or clobber every American consumer with higher prices.

Can America produce more of its own energy through strategic investments that protect the environment, revive our economy and secure our nation?

Yes, we can. Just not with Barack Obama's energy cap-and-tax plan.

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

Only because of her idiot running mate

The lengths that you go to defend this woman is absolutely beyond me

Palin is the stupidest person that I've seen on the political stage in a LONG time. I'm hoping that within the next 6 months, she gets caught in a really sticky sex scandal (watch.......it's coming.........).

The only solution that this dumb bitch has is "drill baby drill". Did anyone ever stop to consider that because oil is a FINITE resource, God gave us the technology for gas engines as a starter kit.

We're supposed to go with geothermal, wind and solar. Hell.......humans are solar powered if you think about it. Our bodies get NECESSARY vitamins from sunlight, as well as the fact that people are happier during times of sunshine rather than in times of rain.

When you're as stuck in the mud as Pain in the Ass Palin, all you can think about is yourself. Any of you douchebags still think she would have been good in the VP slot? As soon as McStupid dies, she'd hold office for about a month and then step down "because the media was mean to me".

Yeah.......another fucking quitter who's stupid as well.........just like that meat puppet called Bush Jr.

Palin's letter regarding Obama-Democrats anti-American Cap n Tax bill is getting wide circulation and for the most part, is being very well received.

Props to Palin - she has had an excellent news cycle these past few weeks, and her polling data confirms it, with 72% of Republicans willing to vote for her in 2012, 44% of Independents, and 17% of Democrats. Also, 70% of all voters stated her decision to step down as governor of Alaska has no influence on their opinion of her.

She appears to be helping corner Obama on the Cap and Tax issue, and as such, is becoming one of the most widely known voices of reason regarding this important national issue.

All the while, Obama's approval numbers continue to decline, and Republicans are now viewed more favorably than Democrats in 8 of 10 key national issues such as the economy, immigration, and national defense.

The about-face of Virginia voters against Democrats is a bellwether signal of this emerging trend, as seen in this letter to the editor from Las Vegas. Is this a viable political movement brewing? Far too early to tell...

We could use Palin as president in 2012 - Las Vegas Sun

Libruls will regret that they couldn't leave her alone in Alaska.

They kept smacking Sarah M1A2 Palin like she was a pinata and now she's out on the open road, impervious to anything the Libs have throw at her, including Tina Fey.

Palin is the stupidest person that I've seen on the political stage in a LONG time. I'm hoping that within the next 6 months, she gets caught in a really sticky sex scandal (watch.......it's coming.........).

The only solution that this dumb bitch has is "drill baby drill". Did anyone ever stop to consider that because oil is a FINITE resource, God gave us the technology for gas engines as a starter kit.

We're supposed to go with geothermal, wind and solar. Hell.......humans are solar powered if you think about it. Our bodies get NECESSARY vitamins from sunlight, as well as the fact that people are happier during times of sunshine rather than in times of rain.

When you're as stuck in the mud as Pain in the Ass Palin, all you can think about is yourself. Any of you douchebags still think she would have been good in the VP slot? As soon as McStupid dies, she'd hold office for about a month and then step down "because the media was mean to me".

Yeah.......another fucking quitter who's stupid as well.........just like that meat puppet called Bush Jr.

Not even Reagan faced the LMSM shitstorm of Librul hatred that Sarah weathered.

Reagan never had to face 15 frivolous lawsuit and be $500,000 in debt to lawyers in 1977. Just think about that.

The vile and hatred directed toward Palin is unprecedented in modern times

Not even Reagan faced the LMSM shitstorm of Librul hatred that Sarah weathered.

Reagan never had to face 15 frivolous lawsuit and be $500,000 in debt to lawyers in 1977. Just think about that.

The vile and hatred directed toward Palin is unprecedented in modern times

Correct.

They kept smacking Sarah M1A2 Palin like she was a pinata and now she's out on the open road, impervious to anything the Libs have throw at her, including Tina Fey.
Tina Fey was just nominated for an Emmy for her portrayal of Palin. Way to go, Tina.

Tina Fey was just nominated for an Emmy for her portrayal of Palin. Way to go, Tina.

lol you mean hollyweird is honoring Tina?

What a shocker!! :lol:

Palin is dominating the news cycle in a positive way.

Obama's Cap n Tax and Healthcare bills could prove utter failures.

The Palin story is emerging as a fascinating one to watch.

among Republicans, resigning as governor did not hurt her at all. She has been invited to speak at a Republican dinner in Ohio and she has not said if she will attend.

I'm tellin ya, she can move the people, she can electrify a crowd more than any Republican out there. Mitt Romney came in second on the approval rating. The good news, the Republican party has come to realize that it's gonna take CONSERVATIVES to move the base and both of these people are conservatives. No more throwing up the likes of McCain, we just won't turn out for them.

Last edited:
a former Democrat senator from the old democrat party of Jack Kennedy has to say about the new left wing democrat that occupies the White House these days. Funny but sadly true. This is what the old Democrat party was like, I wish they were still here.

Thu., Jul 16 2009 4:24 (EDT)

Zell Miller Lashes Out at Obama Administration
By Susanna Capelouto
media link
Updated: 3 hours ago

In a rare appearance former Georgia Governor and Senator Zell Miller bashed the Obama administration for overspending and being weak on terror.

Miller told a group of conservative legislators that President Obama’s decision to close the Guantanamo Bay Prison was “nuts.”

He spoke at The American Legislative Exchange Council’s annual meeting in Atlanta on Thursday.

Zell Miller at ALEC Luncheon. (photo by Susanna Capelouto)The 2,000 mostly Republican state lawmakers applauded as Miller criticized the administration on all fronts. "Today we’re spending like we’re Paris Hilton, regulating like we’re Ralph Nader, nationalizing like we’re Hugo Chavez, printing money like we’re the Weimar Republic," Miller said. The former U.S. Senator was also critical of Obama's recent overseas trips saying he should quit gallivanting all around the globe and fix problems in the U.S.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Tomorrow former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich will address the ALEC gathering.. Zell Miller tells Mr. Obama to stop traveling.

Zell Miller on speed of government spending.

Zell Miller compares U.S. spending to Paris Hilton.

Zell Miller calls President Obama nation and abomination.
Related Stories:
Hunstein Sworn in As New Supreme Court Chief Justice

Tags: ALEC American Legislative Exchange Council Barak Obama Zell Miller Latest News
Frontline
News Hour
News Archive

NPR NEWS Roundup
Mobile Services
RSS Feeds
Podcasts Donate, Join, or Renew
Your Membership
Link to GPB Support Page
and continue to enjoy great
news year-round.
It's easy! Find out how ...
Link to GPB Support PageLink to GPB Support PageLink to GPB Support PageLink to GPB Support PageLink to GPB Support Page Most Popular Stories
Zell Miller Lashes Out at Obama Administration

TVA Signs Up for Mixed Oxide Fuel

Thurmond Considers New Career Option

Wrongly-Jailed Man Freed

More Popular Stories