Palin screws it up again

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Definitions of Precondition on the Web:

A predicate that characterizes the conditions under which a system operation may be invoked
www.lcmi.ufsc.br/engsoft/wwwis.cs.utwente.nl/dmrg/OODOC/oodoc/oo-11.3.html

Environmental and state conditions that must be fulfilled before the component or system can be executed with a particular test or test procedure.
thiyagarajan.wordpress.com/glossary/

An expression that has to be met before the task can be executed.A task’s precondition is examined when, and only when, its scheduling constraints are met. If at that moment the precondition is false, the task is discarded. Otherwise, it becomes in progress. ...
Tallis Toolset - Basic PROforma Concepts

Dependencies that are required for the test case to run
Glossary - software testing

is a clause in logical language selected for describing the state of the environment.
GlobePro Glossary

an essential precondition or requirement
encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861737698/postulate.html

A set of criteria that must be true prior to the initiation of a use case.
mscsand.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/quiz-3-key-terms.doc

condition: an assumption on which rests the validity or effect of something else
given: an assumption that is taken for granted
put into the required condition beforehand
a condition that is a prerequisite
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

In logic a precondition is a condition that has to be met before a main argument can have any value.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precondition

a pre-existing requirement to take a course of action
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/precondition

5: into the interview:

Brain Williams: Yesterday you tied this notion of an early test to the new president to this notion of preconditions that you both have been hammering the Obama campaign on. First of all, in your mind, what is a precondition?

Sarah Palin: You have to have some diplomatic strategy going into a meeting like Ahmadinejad or Kim Jung Il or one of these dictators that would seek to destory America or our allies. It is so naive and so dangerous for a presidential candidate to just declare that they would sit down with a leader like Ahmadinejad and just talk about the problems, the issues that are facing them, that's some ill prepaedness right there.

msnbc.com Video Player

She also discusses that she is ready to be the President of the United States because she's dealt with multi-billion dollar budgets and managed 24,000 employees. :lol:

She thinks the VP is "in charge" of the Senate.

"A vice president has a really great job because not only are they there to support the president's agenda, they're like the team member, the teammate to that president, but also they're in charge of the United States Senate, so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better." - Sarah Palin, yesterday

Like, totally man....

What an idiot.

The hilarious thing is, that Palin is now the biggest drag on McCain. Even his associations with Bush aren't hurting him as much as Palin is. That NBC/WSJ poll had a large majority responding that she's not qualified to be president, even majorities of white women think she's unqualified, and Obama's support among women has skyrockted to historic levels. I think Obama was winning women by like 53% to 35%, or something like that.

LOL @ grandpa for pulling a cheap and unamerican political stunt in the misguided hope of pandering to women voters.

What a moron!

She thinks the VP is "in charge" of the Senate.

They are. They preside over the Senate, if they choose to do so. Sorry, it's just facts. Every Vice President before Nixon did it, he was the one who started this whole "Let the President pro tempore handle it" thing.

They are. They preside over the Senate, if they choose to do so. Sorry, it's just facts. Every Vice President before Nixon did it, he was the one who started this whole "Let the President pro tempore handle it" thing.

Wrong. The only job of a VP is to break tie votes, that's it.

US Constitution: The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.

Wrong. There's been a whole discussion on this today. Read it, I'm not reposting everything I already posted.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...-doesnt-even-know-her-own-job-descripton.html

Historically, the Vice President HAS presided over the Senate, until the 1960's. You can find this information at Senate.gov, which I believe was posted in the topic I just linked.

Kid, I'm not going to try to teach you high school history and government class all over again.

The VP is powerless, the constitution give them virtually no power, and the only role they play is to break tie votes and preside over the counting of electoral college votes. They are not "in charge" of the senate.;

That's the way its been for 225 years. Did you get an "F" in american history class in 10th grade?

I'm not going to argue anymore about this. You're obviously in love with Palin/Bush/McCAin and willing to spin for them even when history and the facts dispute you.

Kid, I'm not going to try to teach you high school history and government class all over again.

The VP is powerless, the constitution give them virtually no power, and the only role they play is to break tie votes and preside over the counting of electoral college votes. They are not "in charge" of the senate.;

That's the way its been for 225 years. Did you get an "F" in american history class in 10th grade?

I'm not going to argue anymore about this. You're obviously in love with Palin/Bush/McCAin and willing to spin for them even when history and the facts dispute you.

You're fucking retarded. Considering I'm not even voting for McCain/Palin, this statement made me laugh.

I'm sorry you don't want to read facts from the Senate's very own website, I know it might cloud your feeble mind.

You're fucking retarded. Considering I'm not even voting for McCain/Palin, this statement made me laugh.

I'm sorry you don't want to read facts from the Senate's very own website, I know it might cloud your feeble mind.

Please name one Vice President, in the entire 225 year history of the United States that was deeply involved in parliamentary procedure, provided a firm guiding had to crafting and passing legislation, and did anything more than cast a few tie breaking votes or occassional informal consultation.

I'll wait for your answer. Just one vice president.

Please name one Vice President, in the entire 225 year history of the United States that was deeply involved in parliamentary procedure, provided a firm guiding had to crafting and passing legislation, and did anything more than cast a few tie breaking votes or occassional informal consultation.

I'll wait for your answer. Just one vice president.

John C. Calhoun

If you'd read the link I posted, you'd know that already.

And you're supposed to teach ME American history? :cuckoo:

What differerence does it make, If she was to become VP would anyone really want to here what she has to say, she will be to busy spending taxpayers money on clothes,makeup & whatever. Can anyone out there really feel or believe that she could do anything to help this nation?

John C. Calhoun

If you'd read the link I posted, you'd know that already.

And you're supposed to teach ME American history? :cuckoo:

You didn't even know who Calhoun was, until you read it somewhere on a rightwing blog. So please don't pretend, or lie, that you were a Calhoun expert prior to 8 hours ago.

Are you really going back to the 1820s, to find a role model for Sarah Palin? Since pretty much everything you post is either a lie, or false, I'm not going to read up on Calhoun. I'm quite sure that the role of the vice president is as firmly established by now, as any constitutional role in government. They have no power. That's what vice presidents have been bitching about for two centuries.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
You didn't even know who Calhoun was, until you read it somewhere on a rightwing blog. So please don't pretend, or lie, that you were a Calhoun expert prior to 8 hours ago.

Are you really going back to the 1820s, to find a role model for Sarah Palin? Since pretty much everything you post is either a lie, or false, I'm not going to read up on Calhoun. I'm quite sure that the role of the vice president is as firmly established by now, as any constitutional role in government. They have no power. That's what vice presidents have been bitching about for two centuries.

Again, it was Nixon who stopped presiding over the Senate. It was Nixon who moved the VP's office from the Capitol to the White House. It'd be nice for someone to end Nixon's legacy, in my opinion, no matter who they are.

I didn't "read up on Calhoun." Unlike you, I actually paid attention in my history classes.

Definitions of Precondition on the Web:

A predicate that characterizes the conditions under which a system operation may be invoked
www.lcmi.ufsc.br/engsoft/wwwis.cs.utwente.nl/dmrg/OODOC/oodoc/oo-11.3.html

Environmental and state conditions that must be fulfilled before the component or system can be executed with a particular test or test procedure.
thiyagarajan.wordpress.com/glossary/

An expression that has to be met before the task can be executed.A task’s precondition is examined when, and only when, its scheduling constraints are met. If at that moment the precondition is false, the task is discarded. Otherwise, it becomes in progress. ...
Tallis Toolset - Basic PROforma Concepts

Dependencies that are required for the test case to run
Glossary - software testing

is a clause in logical language selected for describing the state of the environment.
GlobePro Glossary

an essential precondition or requirement
encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861737698/postulate.html

A set of criteria that must be true prior to the initiation of a use case.
mscsand.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/quiz-3-key-terms.doc

condition: an assumption on which rests the validity or effect of something else
given: an assumption that is taken for granted
put into the required condition beforehand
a condition that is a prerequisite
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

In logic a precondition is a condition that has to be met before a main argument can have any value.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precondition

a pre-existing requirement to take a course of action
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/precondition

5: into the interview:

Brain Williams: Yesterday you tied this notion of an early test to the new president to this notion of preconditions that you both have been hammering the Obama campaign on. First of all, in your mind, what is a precondition?

Sarah Palin: You have to have some diplomatic strategy going into a meeting like Ahmadinejad or Kim Jung Il or one of these dictators that would seek to destory America or our allies. It is so naive and so dangerous for a presidential candidate to just declare that they would sit down with a leader like Ahmadinejad and just talk about the problems, the issues that are facing them, that's some ill prepaedness right there.

msnbc.com Video Player

She also discusses that she is ready to be the President of the United States because she's dealt with multi-billion dollar budgets and managed 24,000 employees. :lol:

*yawn*

Your point, David?

You know, just because you disagree with her doesn't make her an idiot.

It's not a matter of disagreeing with her, it's a matter of thinking precondition means you need to "go in there with some kind of strategy." Precondition means you have terms that have already been agreed to before you meet. This doesn't take foreign policy experience, this takes basic knowledge of the fucking dictionary.

It's not a matter of disagreeing with her, it's a matter of thinking precondition means you need to "go in there with some kind of strategy." Precondition means you have terms that have already been agreed to before you meet. This doesn't take foreign policy experience, this takes basic knowledge of the fucking dictionary.

Are you *really* so petty that you'd play semantics like this?

Oh, wait....you are. Carry on.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

Forum List

Back